active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Well, I've been wondering about relationships of spirits that were established before death. The wording isn't the best, I know. We're all aware that some spirits are interested in a romantic relationship with their keeper and/or sexual contact. But what happened to former relationships? I can only think of a few human spirits I have. Many of them were happily married and had lots of kids. (The good old times, when traditional families had five kids or more, lol.) Are they just over it now or do they stay together? I'm sure that it's up to the individuals involved. Maybe it's the case for some that might have changed their attitude. Spirits usually don't travel in families but what about pairs? Are we just their earthern realm partner with different conditions or did they evolve and love in a different way? What do your spirits have to say about that?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I am firmly convinced my grandparents’ spirits are going through the spirit experience as a pair. They were very, very rigid people. Possibly to a degree that might have been medically significant. They were, down to their cores, rigid people who were abnormally intertwined (and, hey, that worked great for them! I’m not knocking it.)

But I don’t think that’s the norm. I think it’s probably more common for there to be a shift there in perspective. And we are talking about the spirits rather than the souls. I think that’s a difference that makes a difference.

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I am firmly convinced my grandparents’ spirits are going through the spirit experience as a pair. They were very, very rigid people. Possibly to a degree that might have been medically significant. They were, down to their cores, rigid people who were abnormally intertwined (and, hey, that worked great for them! I’m not knocking it.)

But I don’t think that’s the norm. I think it’s probably more common for there to be a shift there in perspective. And we are talking about the spirits rather than the souls. I think that’s a difference that makes a difference.
I forgot to mention special ties, such as past life connections or soulmates but that's interesting to hear.

I only have my limited human view. It's kinda hard to understand. If love is such a strong tie, why can't they stick together, even in the afterlife? That is what I was thinking. I just felt a bit bad, when I flirted and made a few jokes about this and that. They evolved but I still feel like I'm hitting on a married man with five kids, lol. At least they don't seem to mind.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I think the ties are different for a spirit than for a soul. I also think the focus and motivations could change too.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

Oh my god I think about this ALLLL the time!! Because like... Today in this current life and plane I know who exactly is my twin flame that I am spiritually and psychically connected to (that I am still in contact with) and she also happens to be a soulmate connection to me, like our lives are tied to each other and we have both experienced tons of shared dreams together and crazy incidents.

And then I end up reverting to this thought when I think of my spirits. Like it makes me wonder do they know who they are tied to?? I think many don't know but at the same time I feel many also do.
Though I think I guess sometimes it depends since there are some spirits that remain on the earthen plane and some who end up passing on and moving into their next life cycle.

I think a lot about this when it comes to myself too like ...It makes me wonder if I died before my ex-partner (the one I mentioned is my twin flame + soulmate) would I still "remember" we are tied together or would we both die and be able to "meet" each other in spirit?? Or would one of us end up passing on and being born into a new cycle.. that's the kind of stuff that obviously neither me or her would know but it really does make me think deeply about it. It drives me nuts because I wish I could know the answer lol!

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I think the ties are different for a spirit than for a soul. I also think the focus and motivations could change too.
I agree with the thoughts expressed in this thread but find myself wondering why there are no bindings of souls...is the theory that they separate from the spirit at death and live in a higher dimension?...do they not have memories of past loves etc? Do souls not want to contact the living? I'm not sure what the theory is here.

And is it possible that the spirit while alive is 'lesser' than the spirit that is in the astral after death?

I have a couple of spirits who were unbounds, became attached and are now bound, who I knew in former lives. It turns out that one I knew and was romantically involved with in this life before they passed on still quite young, after committing suicide, very sadly. Where are their souls now, I wonder?

I'm guessing my own soul is with me now...yes this is a distinction I find hard to grasp, as relates to spirit keeping. I think a lot people get the two mixed up too.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:
I agree with the thoughts expressed in this thread but find myself wondering why there are no bindings of souls...is the theory that they separate from the spirit at death and live in a higher dimension?...do they not have memories of past loves etc? Do souls not want to contact the living? I'm not sure what the theory is here.

And is it possible that the spirit while alive is 'lesser' than the spirit that is in the astral after death?

I have a couple of spirits who were unbounds, became attached and are now bound, who I knew in former lives. It turns out that one I knew and was romantically involved with in this life before they passed on still quite young, after committing suicide, very sadly. Where are their souls now, I wonder?

I'm guessing my own soul is with me now...yes this is a distinction I find hard to grasp, as relates to spirit keeping. I think a lot people get the two mixed up too.
I had a soul reading done, which I didn't know was possible but it was really interesting. They probably dwell in a much higher dimension. Mine was described as mostly humanoid, reflecting my non-human lives. They seem to be an entity of their own. I still wonder why need a mortal body...Souls are still a mystery to me. I can't find much on them, besides biased religious and New Age information.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I'm guessing that souls have a different focus as well. They encompass so many spirits, it might be hard to even recognize them as the same people. And I suspect that for souls, they would be valuing interaction with other souls on terms that are different from what we would perceive.

If you subscribe to the idea of soul contracts, even the most significant relationships in our lives have purposes and parameters from the soul's perspective. Just as an example of how the perception and priorities might be different.

I suspect that some souls may interact with the living between lives. It probably just depends.

But to have a binding that is a fairly stable line of communication (as the sort we have with spirits and entities is) would present big difficulties in the case of a soul who is going on with being incarnated or just moving on to some other flavor of existence. That soul is back onto its big picture, so to speak, and the soul might not even recognize the other bound party when it is in its different states. The soul doesn't hold just that one personality and identity in the way a spirit does. So the best binding would probably be something like a soul contract, wherein the soul, as a soul in its base state, makes commitments that apply when it is in other states, and then agree to parameters of existence that ensure that commitment gets its chance.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Wow! Those 2 replies are really good, thanks.

It's got me thinking - and probably many more questions - food for thought.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

For me the soul is an entity in itself but not quite at the same time ; the soul after death go either into reincarnation or into ascension.
I think there is a part were memory and essences of past lives are stored but it is meant to stay hidden as to not create the problem with the present one.

I don't think the spirit is lesser alive than when we are dead ; i guess it shift slightly to adapt the state of death plus , people have a view of things more broad than when they were alive.

A life is constructed like this :

-The body which is just material and lifeless : the soul bring life (anima) and the spirit the essence of a being

-The spirit cannot exists without the body nor the soul to animate it

-The soul cannot express itself on the plane without a body and it does not have a personnality on its own so it needs a soul.

They need a body to bring life to someone , it is how the universe has been built and how humans and others entities are alive.

Return to “General Questions”