Who is/are the godly equavalant(s) of Gabriel?

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

like you know

Enki = Lucifer
Enlil = Michael?

If you go futher, and watch the Avengers, maybe you can make the connection to Thor and Loki ( but that's just a swift thought nothing more)

And talking about the Gods, many make the connection between Aphrodite and Venus, Ares and Mars.
So what connection would be made with the Archangel Gabriel? The Bible got him from somewhere no?

So basically the information I have on Gabriel is that he is the mail-man and got word to Mary:' You're pregs with the son of God! Congrats!'
But then again, he may be a she, and the only female angel we know about? ( people keep discussing this)

So if we go with the mail man, he can be connected to Hermes I guess? Any other ideas?

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

So the first thing I see here, is that physical gender is being assigned to a group of beings that are physically neither. Gabriel can appear Male or female as can Michael, Lucifer, Raphael and any other angel. Gabriel tends to be more feminine. Being feminine or masculine doesn't dictate a gender

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Why Enki = Lucifer and Enlil = Michael?
How about Marduk, Inanna, Abzu, Tiamat, Kingu, etc?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

The idea you are referencing here is specific to a particular line of thought on the Annunaki as aliens.

It appears to enjoy zero support in the community of scholarly historians.

This suggests that it is imposing a theory on historical data in order to make those things fit together, rather than showing any kind of link suggested by the data itself. There is no suggestion that the beings you are mentioning have any remote linear relationship. There's no ancestry there.

We have to remember that not every system has a direct corollary in another system. Further, even when there does seem to be some sort of ancestry as between, say, Astarte and Aphrodite, this does not make Them the same Person. It means our ideas about Them have grown out of and influenced each other, but They can still be fully distinct Persons.

Now. As for the idea that the Bible had to get the concept from somewhere...it's a fallacy, isn't it? Because if that *had* to be true, you would always be going back and back and back. Eventually a human religious concept would turn up that was original and where on earth would they have gotten it?

In this case, because you don't see angels in other Semitic and proto-Semitic religions, the ancient Hebrews likely did get it from somewhere, but it was NOT from the religions involving the Annunaki (these were among those related religions, and clearly there is no concept of angels in them.) They likely got it from the Zoroastrians during the Babylonian exile. Which is interesting because you do see the Annunaki pop up in *Babylonian polytheism* but Zoroastrianism isn't that. It stands independently of that polytheistic tradition. Rather than descending from the proto-Semetic tradition, Zoroastrianism descends from, likely, an Indo-Iranian tradition and has possible ties to Vedic religions.

There isn't just one smooth stream where you can follow the Original Religion down through many guises in history. What it is, instead, is that religion cropped up independently after people had spread out a bit. Say, a spring broke out in India, and another spring started burbling in Egypt. And those streams kept going and made their own rivers. The rivers continue to grow, and sometimes they touch, and people travel between them and maybe introduce fish or plants from one into another, but these rivers never did have the same source.

TLDR: Not everything has to point back to one single story, and very, very few people buy into this theory about the archangels. It is the fringe of the fringe.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Fireshadow wrote:So what connection would be made with the Archangel Gabriel? The Bible got him from somewhere no?

So basically the information I have on Gabriel is that he is the mail-man and got word to Mary:' You're pregs with the son of God! Congrats!'
But then again, he may be a she, and the only female angel we know about? ( people keep discussing this)

So if we go with the mail man, he can be connected to Hermes I guess? Any other ideas?
There’s no reason why the Bible can’t have gotten Gabriel from himself, as in “he exists without having been derived from elsewhere, as do other archangels”. An awful lot of folks have got Enochian AA bindings and can offer firsthand accounts of them.

And one small tweak: the way I was taught, Mary didn’t actually conceive until AFTER she assented to have it happen. Bottom line: even the Infinite waited for a woman’s express consent before doing anything. :) If that doesn’t underscore the concept of asking for consent before going ahead with intimate things, I don’t know what does. But that’s a whole separate topic.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:There’s no reason why the Bible can’t have gotten Gabriel from himself, as in “he exists without having been derived from elsewhere, as do other archangels”. An awful lot of folks have got Enochian AA bindings and can offer firsthand accounts of them.
Even though the concept of archangels might or might not have come from exposure to Zoroastrianism, I think L2R is 100% correct in that Gabriel is very much his own person. I don't think he has another face with another name.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I’m looking forward to reading a couple of books I bought about John Dee, who teamed up with Edward Kelley to channel/scry/receive the Enochian system of magic from the angels. I understand the AAs helped bring that about and/or were responsible for transmitting at least some of the messages. (Someone who has already done their homework on that score, kindly fill in the blanks. :) )

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

That sounds right.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Fascinating, especially in light of a book I just purchased: The Book of Solomon's Magick by Carroll "Poke" Runyon. Four of the AA play important roles in that magick system's rituals from what I've seen. Not to mention other angels. I haven't read it yet, but it's from the Ordo Templi Astartes. I caught a video from them demonstrating a couple of rituals and decided it was interesting and purchased the book.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

eh thanks guys, but I didn't really ask for a history lesson ( let's not mention the fact that history has been changed over eons by the victor). I was just thinking about naming a pet after AA Gabriel, and was wondering if there could be any other names linked to the AA.
darkwing dook wrote:Why Enki = Lucifer and Enlil = Michael?
How about Marduk, Inanna, Abzu, Tiamat, Kingu, etc?
because of this forum? I only found a topic about Enki, where someone ( I'm not sure, but weren't you in that same topic?) got me a link to another website where they talked all about Enki = Lucifer. Not about Marduk, Inanna, Abzu, Tiamat, Kingu, etc....

Guys, seriously I'm not going to write a new Bible about connecting every God in the universe to each other. I'm just asking where AA Gabriel got his origin. Cause Gabriel has only been mentioned/known to me by the Bible. And the Bible was made in the 6th centrury ( and all those historians are pretty much convinced that the Bible is part of a religion that had his origin in many different religions) So... I find it a bit odd that Gabriel hasn't been mentioned once in all those centruries before. Or are we saying that Gabriel is a baby AA who has only been born in the 6th centrury, together with the Vatican?

So when 'the Fall' happened, Gabriel and Raphael weren't born yet? I mean, I guess that's possible.

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.

Return to “Angels”