Can a spirit develop an attachment to another?

DarknessDreaming
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen Angels
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Is it possible for a spirit in your keep to become bored with you and become attached to another in your household?

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

I'm wondering about that too. It's entirely possible that they bond with one another. (I recall an old thread about a human nurse, who was even influencing a Djinn.) But I'm not sure about relationships. There should also be a distinction between customs and pre-bounds. I believe that a strong calling or a custom won't get bored, because they want to be with you.

DarknessDreaming
neophyte
neophyte

Thanks for the reply.

It never crossed my mind till now and I don’t know why I’m thinking it. I guess I’m curious to know if it’s unheard of or it’s possible for them to be attracted to anyone around me even though they came home with me. Though about the prebounds, custom conjures... that does make sense to me.

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

A fellow member actually has written somewhere that she was only called by a spirit, because this particular spirit wanted to be with a family member. This doesn't seem to be common. I'm 100% sure that custom spirits are loyal to us. Even famous human agree to bindings and that's basically the same. The problem might occur with spirits, who weren't a good match to begin with (e.g. impulse buying).

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I think for the type of conjurers who are like CH the agreement that's involved in the binding is probably about being with just the person who keeps them and that's the basis on which they agree to be bound. There must be exceptions to every 'rule' though.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I don't know about a spirit being "bored" with the keeper because yeah my thought process is pretty much the same I don't think an RA or custom conjure of a spirit would necessarily get bored of us...but I do know that it's 100% possible for spirits to bond or be attached to other spirits in a keep.. (e.g. two child spirits bonding together, or even two different races with similar magickal alignments, etcetera). Though I feel like you're talking about ANOTHER person and not so much another spirit within a keep - I do think it is possible but yeah in terms of customs and RAs I don't think that is something that really happens.
Adrasteia wrote:There should also be a distinction between customs and pre-bounds. I believe that a strong calling or a custom won't get bored, because they want to be with you.
Pretty much this ^^^^

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

CJDS
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

If the spirit attached to another simply from getting bored, that makes the spirit relationship is no better than human relationship.....

From reading many posts here, think its safe to think that spirit relationship is not as fragile as that.

DarknessDreaming
neophyte
neophyte

Yeah, I meant other folks living with me currently. No one knows I’m keeping so the supposed anxiety stems from the want or need to bond with someone who lives with me. I know house rules are supposed to prevent that. And I’m not really worried about it, I was just curious if this happens. I have spirits who actually are bonded with each other, that didn’t surprise me though and I have no issues with that.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

Yeah I feel like the usual thing is that spirits normally have an understanding of your feelings and your worries of neglect or doubts, things like that. So I just can't imagine that a spirit or entity would go out of their way to do that. That's just my thoughts though.

I pretty much work a 40-hours a week job and I often pressure myself too much and overly worry I am not devoting enough time to my spirits but in reality none of them have ever really felt the need to look outside the unique connection they have with me.. they want me to focus on other things besides spirit work and spirituality. ;;

If I have to elaborate on the whole attachment thing... This is again just my thoughts on it... I DO thing it is possible for a spirit to be attracted to another person regardless they live with you or not. I think this depends on the person. I personally know a few friends in real-life who can see spirits and are also magnets for spirits of any kind. So I think it's extremely possible for spirits who notice this kind of thing in other people (because from my own experiences vs. these friend's experiences, spirits can be or are aware of those who are highly sensitive). Though that obviously doesn't mean the spirit will instantly want to bond with the person of course, but I feel with these specific kind of people it's more possible, if that makes sense.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Whitestar
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Too many to list!
If I could be anything, I would be...: My Serpent Familar
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Alba Stella
Zodiac:

I often worry about this myself. I have a very demanding job where I work all sort of wonky hours and do not have a set schedule. So unless it's a day off the only quality time I have with everyone is usually in the morning before work and in the evening after. I will invite them to join me during my drive to work and to stay throughout the day if they want. However lately it seems the time I can spend with them is getting less and less. Usually by the end of the work day and after dinner and some beer I find myself talking to them but also struggling to stay awake. So I was worried about them looking for someone else who can spend more time with them. I had even had dreams about it. I know this is probably just my own fears and insecurities and most spirits are big picture creatures that understands life happens, but it is always on my mind.

Always seeking and always learning.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”