You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gregori Watcher
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Okay, so last night, I went out for a walk. It was kinda late, but since I walk everywhere, if I need perishables, night time's the right time.

I walked past a nearby city bus transfer center--buses done for the night, shouldn't have been anyone there. Some dude who looked like the Ancient Mariner out of Coleridge, tries to bum a smoke. I don't smoke, and at that hour, I don't talk to anyone on the street, so I kept walking.

Long story short, the dude was either on something he shouldn't have been on, or off something that he should have been on. Running for your life isn't fun, and thank God 911 calls are free. Local Finest show up, I give them a description, and that was that. I'm unhurt, save for the results of the stress eating afterwards. 1sy

Now, E., my senior inc, isn't bad as a protector per the description, and he was more than amenable to the idea of a little bit of paranormal payback. I'll be heading over to follow up on the police report tomorrow, and maybe I might hear something, but eh, enough with the background, already, amiright? 1s

So, for those of you with more angels than my paltry two in your keep: I understand Courtwinds are good as protectors, but is there anything else I should know?

Has anyone here had a situation where they were in unexpected physical danger, and an angel from their keep helped them get out of trouble unhurt?

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Maybe you should buy a gun. And if you don't want to take it that far, a nice pepper spray. Much like when you were in real trouble you called the police. Some training in using weapons and self defense strategies could build your confidence, too.

Johnny Seraph
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Let's just say I know enough nasty hits that it this guy had been either off his meds or on the usual, he would have been in a world of hurt.

And Florida does have its famous (or infamous) SYG laws, so I might have been legally okay, as well. That said, guy looked old, seniors get the benefit of the doubt when claiming they killed in self-defense down here, plus I had no idea if he had any weapons, and on top of all that, between fentanyl, spice, and only the DEA knows whatever else, engaging might have been ineffective regardless.

He didn't pursue, and running was enough. As it turns out, wire me up on enough adrenaline, and I can still scoot.

That said, if all I wanted was physical plane solutions, there are plenty of places I could ask around about those. But that's not what I'm asking on here.

The question stands.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Volkhs have been mentioned before as being good for helping keep physical risks away.

"They defend their Keeper under any and all circumstances and protect their Keeper's physical and spiritual bodies. They attach themselves to their Keeper and keep watch at all times for anyone or anything trying to cause them ill will or negative energy." (CH shop description)

This is my experience too. I check in with the Volkh when I'm outdoors and alert them if someone like you describe seems to be lurching towards me or standing too close for comfort. I sense them going up to that person and having an invisible word, then that person usually wanders away or loses their threatening body language. Some people have described Volkhs as being like a hulking bodyguard type and that is the impression I get too.

There is a caveat that we shouldn't misunderstand and think we're invulnerable and seek out danger or put ourselves at risk, which I'm guessing you understand already.

I once read a bit of wise advice by a Japanese budo grandmaster, which was that the highest form of self defence is to avoid the conflict situation in the first place. I think that is the key to how we are protected physically by hidden means.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Johnny Seraph
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Duly noted, and very much appreciated! ::hail::

It wasn't a bad area per se: I go by there often enough without incident. That was most likely a one-off, by one that was most likely off.

I've lived in and walked through much sketchier areas. I know avoidance is best, and I certainly tried to avoid the guy, but he wasn't taking no for an answer. Never had that happen, not even when I was living in Baltimore. :think:

That said, thanks for the advice.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I think Lewk said it best, and also there are other threads that address this. The bottom line is spirits may be able to affect the chance of an encounter occurring, or influence others' decisions to engage or etc., but they are not completely able to intervene in the physical (generally). In the end self-defense is still the best defense against the physical. But a Volkh or a couple of Gargoyles, a Vampire, a Werewolf, or a really determined Incubus or Succubus can't hurt the odds.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:Maybe you should buy a gun. And if you don't want to take it that far, a nice pepper spray. Much like when you were in real trouble you called the police. Some training in using weapons and self defense strategies could build your confidence, too.
What if in the country you live in those are completely illegal and owning them can send you to jail for up to 14 years max?

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Knives, pepper spray, or any other legal weapon would be good. Threatening real attackers with your imaginary friends is not.

laptop123
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 7
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nympho
My magical/paranormal name...: Shovel Face :p

Sometimes being smelly helps too :p

On another note, Abraham Hicks once said someone suggested all thieves should live on one island and all murderers on another. And Abraham Hicks says they already do in terms of their vibration.

The more love you feel in your daily life (using whatever means such as crystals and meditating or whatever), the more you are further away from unwanted stuff such as violence. So keep a weapon if you like to help you feel more at ease so you don't stress when you dont feel love.

Here are some of my favorite content on this subject:
“Love yourself like your life depends on it, because it does”, - Anita Moorjani
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS416omB2nY

https://foreverconscious.com/no-matter- ... e-solution
No Matter Your Problem, THIS is the Solution
Got health problems? Relationship problems? Money issues? Career issues? Friendship issues? Housing issues? Decision issues? Body image issues?
when you align yourself with love, everything around you automatically falls into place..

Years ago I would see spirit channelers spew out the same answers on questions: love, love love, and I thought it was all BS nonsense... Then years later my own Angel spirits give me the same answers.. so I realized there must be something to it... And articles such as the above mentioned ones started making sense.

I realized soon that I have lots of trouble feeling love through my bones... many people probably do without realizing it and so I started a journey of releasing old emotional junk from my heart chakra.
with crystals like Rhodochrosite and others.

Bashar:
Open your heart and you will thrive

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:Knives, pepper spray, or any other legal weapon would be good. Threatening real attackers with your imaginary friends is not.
Pepper spray and knives are illegal in some places to carry around as well if the reason is "Self-Defense", this is because it is not considered a 'legally accepted reason'.

Return to “Angels”