Connecting with the Pythias

Tips and tricks for connecting with immortals.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I found an article (https://www.patheos.com/blogs/agora/201 ... he-pythia/) from one practitioner who works with the spirits of the Pythias of Delphi. She keeps an altar to them, and I thought that the idea of working with these spirits was super interesting. You can read the full article for a little bit of the history of the Pythias of Delphi and some of her UPG. I would emphasize that at the heart of the work the author is doing is a relationship of reciprocity and respect--I would not suggest undertaking to work with Them in any other way. I'm including information on her altar and her meditation for working with them below:

I work with the Pythias in much the same way that I do the deities I worship and work with. My altar contains a statue of a Pythia flanked by two white candles. Other items on this altar include bay laurel leaves, a small bowl from Greece which I fill with sacred water, and foreign coins. I sometimes leave offerings of roses or honey and I will charge my divination objects on the altar from time to time. Guided meditations have helped me to connect with the Pythia and learn more about them. Now when I sit down to do a distance reading or any kind of divinatory or oracular work, I light the candles on my altar and call in the Pythias for guidance. I have found that I immediately feel a sense of calm wash over me when I do this and I am more willing to trust what I am seeing, feeling or sensing.

Perhaps the most important thing that the Pythias have taught me relates to their well known maxim of “Know thyself”. If I am to truly know myself, I must have an ability and commitment to peel away labels, layers and illusions as I delve into my shadow as well as a willingness to continuously work on self acceptance. This includes owning my positive attributes and trusting my instincts. Working with the Pythias has shown me that knowing myself, owning who I am, and trusting myself are all interdependent ingredients necessary for fulfilling my potential, deepening my intuition, serving others, and stepping into my sovereignty.
Below is a guided meditation for meeting and communing with the Pythia at the Oracle of Delphi.
GUIDED MEDITATION — ORACLE OF DELPHI

Begin by taking deep breaths–in and out. Imagine a doorway in front of you. This could be a marble archway, a wooden door, a portal. When you are ready, step through the door.

You see a large mountain looming behind you, framed by an azure blue sky. The sun is beating down and you notice that the people around are dressed in clothing that appears to be from Ancient Greek times. You look down at yourself and see that you, too, are dressed in a simple linen shift or tunic. You realize that you are at Delphi.

You stand watch as people mill about the courtyard and vendors attempt to sell their wares. You move off to the side, under the shade of a tree, and silently ask for a guide to help you. After a moment or two, your guide appears in front of you. This guide could be a new guide or one you’ve worked with before. The guide could present themselves in the form of a human or an animal or mythological creature. You greet your guide and express your intention to visit the Pythia. The guide leads you over to a basin, filled with water from a sacred spring. You cup your hands and let the water stream over your face, neck, and arms. You then drink the water and are amazed at how refreshing it feels going down your throat.

Your guide motions for you to follow. You begin walking in the opposite direction of the marketplace and you are a bit confused at first. However, your guide takes you on a circuitous route behind where the many querents are standing. You can see from your elevated position all of the activity going on below you. You continue to follow your guide until you finally arrive at the Temple of Apollo. Upon seeing your guide, the priests of Apollo ask the current querent to wait, and they motion you in. Your guide indicates that they cannot follow you into the temple but will be waiting for you when you return.

You walk into the temple and a priest leads you to the cave where the Pythia sits. With some trepidation, you walk into the room. The floor is made of rock and while a bit of light can be seen from above, the room is dark. It is only dimly lit by candles. You hear the sound of water and you see a veiled figure sitting on a tripod. At the entrance to the room, there is an altar for you to leave an offering to Apollo and the Pythia. Take a moment to do so. You then walk until you are facing the Pythia. You feel a bit lightheaded as you sit on a rock across from the priestess and wait. You can only barely make out the silhouette of the figure before you but you can see the edges of the Pythia’s veil as well as the bowl of water in one hand and the laurel branch in the other.

The Pythia quietly asks what information you seek. You think for a moment, and then tell the Pythia that you wish to know how to connect more strongly to your own intuition and oracular abilities. You may also ask another unrelated question if you wish. The Pythia is still for a moment before she drinks from the bowl in her hand and then gently places the bowl of water on a rock beside her. She then pulls a leaf from the laurel branch and begins chewing it.

You wait for what seems like a lifetime, and then the Pythia extends her finger towards you and motions for you to come forward.You do so slowly and just as you get close enough to touch her, the Pythia lifts the veil. Your heart jumps as you look into the eyes of the Pythia and see … Yourself. The energy shifts and suddenly you are sitting on the tripod and the Pythia is sitting across from you.

The Pythia begins to wail and speak unintelligibly but somehow, you understand her. She tells you that you have the answers you seek and to not be afraid to embrace your own inner Pythia. She shares with you knowledge about how to more greatly connect with your own abilities and intuition. You take a moment to hear what she says and let it sink in.

If you have asked another question, listen closely as she shares with you her answer.

When the Pythia stops talking, you rise from the tripod and suddenly, you are sitting back on the rock and the Pythia is back in her tripod. You thank the Pythia for her time and her wisdom. She opens your hands face up and in them she places a symbol. She tells you that this symbol will help you to connect to your own intuitive abilities and it will also help you to return to this place should you feel a desire to do so. You nod reverently and turn to leave the room.

You leave the cave and then the temple. As you emerge outside, you find that your guide is waiting for you. The transition from dark to light temporarily blinds you and your guide helps you along until your sight returns. Your guide takes you back to the door that you came through. You thank your guide and provide your guide with an offering. You then turn towards the door you came through and walk over its threshold when you are ready. When you walk through the door, you will have returned to your current time and place. When you ready, take a few deep breaths and then open your eyes

Return to “Connecting With Immortals”