You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: None
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Boogie

Hi sorry if this is a dumb question but i was baptized as a Christian when i was about 5 not willingly my family is Christian but i never really believed in gods or heaven and hell and until i discovered spirits my question is in christianity is it true that associating with DA spirits example lands you in hell and if so please be specific as possible and is this a similar fate in other religions and if so does the same apply to WA spirits and if not heaven or hell where do you believe human spirits go when we pass on

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Melvin wrote:Hi sorry if this is a dumb question but i was baptized as a Christian when i was about 5 not willingly my family is Christian but i never really believed in gods or heaven and hell and until i discovered spirits my question is in christianity is it true that associating with DA spirits example lands you in hell and if so please be specific as possible and is this a similar fate in other religions and if so does the same apply to WA spirits and if not heaven or hell where do you believe human spirits go when we pass on
It's not a dumb question don't worry :)

I was also educated into Christianism and no , associating with DA or WA does not lead you to hell .

Hell is an astral plane or many others astral planes can be considered also as hell (so do heaven) , everything depend on your view of things.

What i know is that everything or almost everything in Christianism exists (angels , god , jesus ...) so do other monitheistic religion, Islamism , Hebrewism etc...
But also Polytheistic religions exists too (Greek , Egyptians , Nordic etc... ) with Immortals .

When you pass on , your spirit (meaning you) will go wherever you want to go and whatever you want to do .
As you will see in stores , they will "sell" spirits that are binded or you can get a custom conjures . Those spirits are beings that passed away and want to have a connection with people (Keepers) who are alive.

For hell and heaven , everything depends on what you consider as hell and heaven

I hope i have helped

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Hell is not a bad place, hell is a place within the etheric plane, it was called hell to us as it's just an infernal nation of demons, humans, and other beings who choose to live there. Hell doesn't exist in other religions, they have the underworld but it was never a place of suffering just a realm like any other realms. Associating with entities this website classifies as DA does not land you in Hell as I'm sure the judeo pantheon doesn't care about what you do with your life. However, devote people do give that religion they follow power over their reincarnation to some degree. I renounced my Christianity when I was 10 years old, I started occult practice at 8 years old.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I'm not Christian but I was born into a Catholic family and raised Catholic, until I left home, so I can talk about these things from some personal experience, rather than as a complete outsider being overcritical.

So many Christian beliefs differ in the tiniest details and in some big ones. If I was a Catholic I would be wondering what kind of sin I am committing by associating with a Dark Arts spirit. I was told that the rule for Catholics was that if you committed a 'mortal' sin this damaged your soul so much that you were doomed to be separate from God and God's love (=Hell). And this could also happened if you committed enough minor, 'venal' sins.

If I remember correctly the thing about associating with non-Judeo Christian spirits has always been about that being dangerous for our souls. But I suppose there might be a technical sin involved - not sure what though. Maybe it is a sin to not follow orders? (ie the Catholic Church forbids contact with spirits, so it's a sin to disobey?)

On the other hand so many Catholics pray to decease relatives (spirits). I've googled some Catholic articles on communicating with the dead and the different authors seem to tie themselves up in knots of reasoning. Basically it's a bit silly and mixed up. The orthodox Catholic stance seems to be: it's dangerous to communicate with spirits; steer clear; we forbid it; oh, okay so you went to a séance to find out if your deceased relative was okay, don't worry about it too much.

So: if it's only *risky* (allegedly) to contact *any* spirit and it's not an actual sin, then it doesn't really matter Hell-wise whether you're in touch with a WA or DA spirit...it seems to me. Don't forget DA spirts are not bad or evil. Like humans they have a choice whether or not to do wrong.

And by the way some of the angels got up to a lot of violence in the Old Testament Bible (none of it as self defence) - maybe they were more than a bit dark. And I guess most Christian pastors would approve of their congregations praying to Old Testament Angels.

Other Christian denominations may have a different approach.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pegasus
Zodiac:

Uh, technically speaking it would depend on which section of Christianity you are talking of and I say that because there were several that pre date both the writing of Catholic's bible or even the church itself. Some of those may have varying beliefs about using spirits or the use of magic.

I believe for example there was a group of gnostics within the early Christian groups who held the belief of this world being false and that to find the real world one must look deep within themselves to find the divine truth or "shard of the creator."

Now, I do not think it says anything for or against magic/spirits just so long as you do not allow yourself to become trapped to this false world.

Now, I am not saying for sure that this early teaching does approve of it as I really don't know off the top of my head. I'm just pointing out that the earlier versions of Christianity may have been more accepting of such ideas.

In terms of the more traditional groups and more modern groups the answer would learn more heavily towards no of any spirit or magic use.

So, again it may depend on what type of group following the teachings of Christ you're talking about here.

SolsticeSnow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nephilim
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My magical/paranormal name...: Solstice
Zodiac:

Hmmm. I’m new but this piqued my interest. I’m a practicing Catholic but I’m very spiritually inclined and I’ve always believed that God is love no matter what. Catholic religion has their beliefs and commandments, and actually at this very time my younger brother is going through a very hard religious OCD or case of Scrupulosity (he had a fit when he remembered that years ago I mentioned my oracle cards to him) I think he thinks I’m going to hell. Love him, I get he’s worried, but...

Back to the topic, I don’t believe associating with DA or WA spirits even count as a sin. I’ve always felt that everything is one giant puzzle, and nothing makes sense if it’s not placed together. Now if you go out of your way to harm someone with full evil intent I definitely would say that’s a sin, but I’m not god and I’m not here to judge anyone.

I think associating with these spirits does NOT land you in Hell. I can’t imagine our loving God looking down at one of us (if you share the same belief) and condemning us just like that. You would really have to taint your soul on this plane of existence in this life and condemn yourself because of that, maybe this is all because I believe in a just, forgiving and loving God. So let your inner self guide you on that question.

Dragona
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: goddess

Seems like you have a very open mind and heart which I think more of us need in this world.

I know a few people who consider themselves Christo-pagans and they have no trouble blending different belief systems together. One person works with Oracle and Tarot cards all the time and I think has some sort of online group in which he gives readings among other things to the subscribers when he has the time.

Raavak
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 12
Zodiac:

I'm an open-minded Christian who believes that the Bible and doctrine have been washed down and simplified over the centuries (for political and totalitarian reasons), but that in the beginning it was very much more like what goes on with people in this forum.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

There have been other, extensive discussions on this topic, so if you want to pursue some other thoughts on the subject I would recommend searching the Forum :)

None of us can tell you what to believe, but I can tell you that in our belief as Spirit Keepers and practitioners with magic, there isn't anything that is going to inherently send you to hell for interacting with spirits or casting spells. If that's something your religion suggests then I would recommend having some time for introspection and discovering what feels right for you and your life.

I think we can all agree that those who are here, at least in this community, are not here to harm others, or cause evil or hurt to others, or do anything that would be considered malicious or evil in general. We are all seeking ways to enrich our lives, be happier, and explore something important for us.

Your spirits aren't going to be impacted by your beliefs, they are held to your personal belief system, and most predate the arrival of Christ on Earth, and their beliefs are going to be two-pronged; what they believed when they were alive based on the prevailing belief system, and what they know now that they are in spirit form.

In any interaction with spirits, the best thing to do is be completely upfront, welcoming, and honest with them about your life, thoughts, and desires.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
nakedmoviestar
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: servitors/dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal shadow vamp
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I'm no Christian, but just a quick search brought up Revelation 21:8 (NIV) which states that anyone who practices the "magical arts" will be condemned to the "second death" which translates to eternal death. But nothing specifically about DA spirits but I'm assuming to a Christian, "magical arts" would apply to this.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”