venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Rungr wrote:Like I said it’s not impossible objects have smaller pocket realms with them, the first issue is assuming a being won’t do something you wouldn’t. So it’s best to not project your own dos and don’t regardless of your beliefs. Given I believe astral is a mental realm and not home to real beings and djinn being from etheric and such.

They don’t have to make it their permanent home but again they can still make use to it regardless. I don’t believe many will however it’s still useful and djinn are from a realm within the etheric called Djinnestan however they still have free will to do whatever they want to that doesn’t fit your idea of them.
This is the misinformation I am referring to. This right here.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:
Rungr wrote:Like I said it’s not impossible objects have smaller pocket realms with them, the first issue is assuming a being won’t do something you wouldn’t. So it’s best to not project your own dos and don’t regardless of your beliefs. Given I believe astral is a mental realm and not home to real beings and djinn being from etheric and such.

They don’t have to make it their permanent home but again they can still make use to it regardless. I don’t believe many will however it’s still useful and djinn are from a realm within the etheric called Djinnestan however they still have free will to do whatever they want to that doesn’t fit your idea of them.
What you consider misinformation is on you, but I am not here to argue with someone who thinks they can speak for every single entity especially given I've seen beings make use of pocket realms in objects. Maybe you simply have to experience it first so no point in continuing this discussion based on one-sided experiences.

Back to the OP, you can also divine it or have some else divine it, from an unbias viewpoint or even use that one thread that helps you speak in other ways to your Djinn, only person who will really know is you and the Djinn, we can only speculate.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Rungr wrote:
Regholdain wrote:

What you consider misinformation is on you, but I am not here to argue with someone who thinks they can speak for every single entity especially given I've seen beings make use of pocket realms in objects. Maybe you simply have to experience it first so no point in continuing this discussion based on one-sided experiences.

Back to the OP, you can also divine it or have some else divine it, from an unbias viewpoint or even use that one thread that helps you speak in other ways to your Djinn, only person who will really know is you and the Djinn, we can only speculate.
You are speaking just as much for entities by assuming they can all create pocket dimensions, so let's not get into that. You don't know this djinn personally and are making an assumption they will and can do this, and you are not addressing the actual issue.

The problem here is not that pocket dimensions don't exist or that an entity might make use of one, it's that the OP believe their djinn is going to live in a lamp, have furniture, and produce smoke.

And that's not going to happen. Period.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:
Rungr wrote:
Regholdain wrote:

You are speaking just as much for entities by assuming they can all create pocket dimensions, so let's not get into that. You don't know this djinn personally and are making an assumption they will and can do this, and you are not addressing the actual issue.

The problem here is not that pocket dimensions don't exist or that an entity might make use of one, it's that the OP believe their djinn is going to live in a lamp, have furniture, and produce smoke.

And that's not going to happen. Period.

Objects naturally can be made into pocket realms, so again you can believe what you wish since at this point what you're discussing with me is not important. She should get it divined or work on seeing through if it's legit or delusion. You, however, cannot speak instantly on what it is. So this is a process she has to work through not jump completely to telling her she's delusional. As I've said I'm moving on from this discussion with you as it has no benefit to the original post because I don't really care to argue in circles.

Thank you (:

Original post I do tarot so if you should need help I would be happy to lend a hand.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Please discuss topics without arguing. If you feel things getting heated up, always look into forums rules. This particular rule should be always kept in mind:

Be respectful of other members
---- 1. The Golden Rule plain and simple. Treat others the way you expect to be treated. You are not always going to agree with every member or every post and when you post a reply make sure it is in no way inflammatory, sarcastic, hurtful or condescending to another member. Any hurtful posts are removed and you will be warned. If you post something that is bullying/racist/phobic, or you stalk a member through multiple threads to harass them, you will have action taken against your account swiftly, which many be a 3-day ban or a permanent ban.

We welcome topic discussions, but make it healthy.

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

CH Moderator wrote:Please discuss topics without arguing. If you feel things getting heated up, always look into forums rules. This particular rule should be always kept in mind:

Be respectful of other members
---- 1. The Golden Rule plain and simple. Treat others the way you expect to be treated. You are not always going to agree with every member or every post and when you post a reply make sure it is in no way inflammatory, sarcastic, hurtful or condescending to another member. Any hurtful posts are removed and you will be warned. If you post something that is bullying/racist/phobic, or you stalk a member through multiple threads to harass them, you will have action taken against your account swiftly, which many be a 3-day ban or a permanent ban.

We welcome topic discussions, but make it healthy.
Sorry about that

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

The term “Djinnestan” first appears in a British encyclopedia written by a Christian minister towards the end of “Britain’s imperial century.” It features a Semitic root word with a Persian suffix. All this cobbled together to convey “the land of djinn.”

Given all that, I would suggest that the word itself (and possibly the concept without further primary source consensus) is likely best treated a problematic artifact of European colonialism. Hopefully not one we as a group pick up and run with.

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

The place is real as me and many others have shared experiences there. The name doesn’t matter but it remains a good reference point. We all shared the experiences of meeting the different groups of djinn and the creator that resides there with them, it kept out of frontload.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
marcoank
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
Zodiac:

I think this story of djinn stuck in lamps is due to the tale, but every tale has its points based on something real.
For example, in the history of goetia it is said that King Solomon imprisoned demons who disobeyed him and that these demons helped to build the temple.
According to the Muslims, King Solomon would have worked with djinns who would have helped to build the temple. Which version is true I do not know.
But I also think it would be more feasible for the ring or lamp to be just a point of contact with the djinn.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:The term “Djinnestan” first appears in a British encyclopedia written by a Christian minister towards the end of “Britain’s imperial century.” It features a Semitic root word with a Persian suffix. All this cobbled together to convey “the land of djinn.”

Given all that, I would suggest that the word itself (and possibly the concept without further primary source consensus) is likely best treated a problematic artifact of European colonialism. Hopefully not one we as a group pick up and run with.
Since when is jinnistan/djinnestan/other spellings of "جنستان" considered as "problematic artifact of European colonialism"?

So what with djinn as Semitic root word and -stan as Persian suffix? Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan are from Turkish and Persian, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan from Turkish, Sogdian, and Persian. Are we going to have problem with these names as well?

That term appeared in 1001 Nights and other Middle Eastern folklore, and it is still used in Arabic writings, e.g.:
وعقائد المانوية من الفرس في إلهي الخير والشر معروفة ، في أساطير الفرس أن " جنستان " أي بلاد الجن في غربي إفريقية ، وقيل غير ذلك ، وأساطير الأمم القديمة في الجن كثيرة .
Translated as: The Manichaean Creeds of the Persians in the God of Good and Evil are known, in the legends of the Persians, to be "Jinnistan" i.e. the land of the jinn in western Africa, and other than that, the legends of the ancient nations of the jinn are many.
source: https://library.islamweb.net/newlibrary ... =65&id=356
وقد زعم الفرس أيضاً أن للجن مملكة خاصة اسمها عندهم جنستان أي بلاد الجن ويقولون أنها واقعة في الطرف الغربي من أفريقية وقد طالما سماها شعراءهم بأرض المردة والعفاريت:
Translated as: The Persians also claimed that the jinn has a private kingdom called Jinnistan, which is the country of the jinn and they say that it is located in the western part of Africa and has long been called by their poets in the land of Marids and Ifrits:
source: https://al-maktaba.org/book/31797/3549

That is quite disrespectful.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Djinn / Genie”