UniverseExplorer
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Chinese Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Sure, thats why I asked. But I want to know and understand everything. For me it's important to know history, culture and the way of live from races of possible companions. Sure the abilities are the main aspect to choose a companion. But a being isn't defined by abilities, it's defined by personality.

For me abilities are one aspect and most of the spirits I will choose, I will choose for their abilities. But not only, I want a companion and not a faceless servant. If im looking for a Protector i can choose a Volkh because they are considered as especially fiercy protectors or I can choose a Chinese Guardian Dragon because these guys calls me since years. Maybe I will choosse both, but the Dragon is my favorite.

Another aspect is that i want to find a companion who shares my faith. Or at least a brotherreligion. Djinns are the only ones I've read about that there are Jews or Muslims and here in this thread for the first time I've read about christian Djinn.
That doesn't mean that all Djinns or Spirits has to be Christians, Jews or Muslims, but if possible i want at least one Spirit who shares my faith. Thats important for my personal development.
That's why I asked how I can find a christian or jewish or muslim Djinn and if there are Djinn races more likely believers.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

As a practical step, it sounds like you'd need to tell a conjurer what your faith is and ask if they can conjure a djinn that shares that faith.

I hope the following information is also useful.

Islamic and pre-Islamic djinn are well known. I've not yet come across a spirit keeping seller that lists djinn whose faith is Jewish or Christian. (Even if they're rare, I think a skilled conjurer may be able to conjure one.)

Other ways of classifying djinn in modern spirit keeping seem to be:

* Geographical origin (Arabic, Egyptian, African, Norse etc)
* Type of Djinn (Marid, Ghul, Ifrit etc)
* Realm of origin (Astral, Spiritual)
* Abilities (eg see CH listings)

"Djinn Genie Spirits

A wide variety of djinns of various origins is known, for example, Pre-Islamic, Islamic, Arabic, Egyptian, Norse, Chinese, Greek, Roman, Ethereal and Spiritual origin, and many others,[...]"

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/Djinn-Genie-Spirits/

You may already have seen this article

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
UniverseExplorer
new here
new here
If I could be anything, I would be...: Chinese Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Lewk wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:14 am As a practical step, it sounds like you'd need to tell a conjurer what your faith is and ask if they can conjure a djinn that shares that faith.
That's the information I've needed. Thank you Lewk ./<

Magdaled
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Magdaled
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magdaled
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Magdaled

Yes, there are many theories about what God is.

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
Zodiac:

The djinn who came to me had converted to Islam long before I was born. To me, that means that Allah did not create them. I suspect Inanna and Shamash created them.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Whyme wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:31 pm The djinn who came to me had converted to Islam long before I was born. To me, that means that Allah did not create them. I suspect Inanna and Shamash created them.
The whole idea of conversion - and spirit's beliefs - is fascinating to me.

I think it's maybe a case of a spirit being drawn to a religious belief system - rather like what happens with us humans.

I mean just because I'm a Hindu doesn't mean that the Universe was created by Brahma. And just because I've become a Christian doesn't prove that God/Yahweh created the Universe. (These are examples. I don't subscribe to any religion.)

So for me the issue of what actually happened at the point of the Universe coming into existence is de-linked from what each belief system believes about that and their creation deities. (They're beliefs and the beliefs of every single religion have fluctuated over time, making it hard to pin down which version is right.)(At least, that's my belief!) Spirits are entitled to their preferences in all things, including religion, or lack of it, as far as I'm concerned.

To me the fact one Djinn is loyal to Allah and another holds pre-Judeo-Christian-Islamic beliefs or allegiance is not proof that either system is The One True Right One. eg I have a British Isle Djinn (Coir Djinn) that adheres to something more like the paganism way. I also have some who I think may be Islamic. But I don't quiz them about it.

In terms of age and origin I can only say I have one Egyptian Djinn that's 28,000 years old. They predate by a long while the era in which Inanna & Shamash first appeared - in Akkadian/Mesopotamian culture - and are also separated geographically from that culture. I'm guessing the deities during the ice ages differed significantly from those afterwards. According to archaeologists and historians, the arrival of agriculture and static communities led to a shift more towards solar deities, for one thing.

There must still be some Djinn that hold allegiance to the old Akkadian era deities, I'm guessing. I wonder if some Djinn hold shamanic-type beliefs from the ice age too?

find it again.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Whyme wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:31 pm The djinn who came to me had converted to Islam long before I was born. To me, that means that Allah did not create them. I suspect Inanna and Shamash created them.
There are verses in quran saying that a group of djinn converted to Islam after hearing recitation of quran. In one hypothesis, it's because they didn't know the existence of prophets and/or messengers until Muhammad, so once they heard the recitation, it clicked to them and they converted.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
Zodiac:

I do find it interesting that djinn, and by extension other races like Elves and Fae have their own beliefs, who follow human's religions. After I posted my above post, I got to asking a bit more about their beliefs. They did convert to Islam but ended up leaving the religion. They're still loyal to Allah and follow Him without being involved in the religion.

This mirrors what I did in my life. I used to go to church but stopped going when it no longer served me. I kept my belief in God without remaining involved with religion. I'm involved with Deities and much has been added to the spiritual aspect of my life.

So, you can still be a believer without going to church.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
VizraOverlord9
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Padawam

Don't every universe have a god?

Read 1000 books, Walk 10000 miles.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Just throwing this into the mix...on what Djinn may believe in...

Today I came across this CH Shop listing for an Andromedean Galaxy Djinn. I guess there'll be belief systems there and they will differ significantly from the religious ones here on Planet Earth in our Milky Way galaxy.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... lone-.html

(The url text is a typo - it is actually a Djinn listing.)

find it again.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”