new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Hi Divine here, ok to start yes the title of this topic may sound foolish but I have my reasons. A few days ago while listening to some melodic music I felt feelings of overwhelming sadness, I have five spirits in my keep (I refer to them as my family). But it made me pause and think for a moment, I followed the line of sadness and words were attached. "They abandoned me, they promised we would be together and said we would be together forever. But they lied......they abandoned me. why did they leave me all alone, they said they wouldn't...…..so why did they?" it has been on my mind a lot lately, is it possible that those words and feelings are not mine but of one or more of my family. Or maybe it is one of those who is calling to me that feels this way, or could it just be falling into my own sadness. So here I am asking this question to you all......do you think it could be that some spirits come to use seeking friendship and to escape their loneliness. Could they come to us seeing their own loneliness reflected back inside us. So to ease our loneliness as well as their own they reach out to us. I apologize if I do not make sense ……. I am starting to get emotional as I type this. I know one of them is touching my left arm as I type this, possibly to comfort me or needing comfort. maybe even to help me control myself or trying to let me know it is their emotions. I am still new to being a keeper, but this question I feel must be asked...…...it has to be addressed for the good of the spirits and their keepers

-Divine Nightmare

part Divine part Nightmare but all I truly am is a Divine Nightmare
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
Your experiences could have many reasons. You have to analyze them and find out why you are feeling them. Hard to pin-point just one cause for those experiences.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I think so, and I think it is possible. Maybe my thinking for the most part is, I feel if human spirits can feel lonely or need attention - then I feel the same would apply for (nonhuman) spirits and entities perhaps. I guess it truly depends on that individual spirit and their feelings and disposition, since they are all so different and unique, with some having different needs and wants.Though at the same time, many spirits may not be lonely since some have their own realm or worlds they go to or they communicate with other spirits in or outside the keep.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I agree with divineseeker, I think you may need to spend more time analyzing this situation and these questions. Reach out to your spirits, ask your keep what they think, if they agree, what they might say on it. They're the ones to really tell you, and finding it out from your keep themselves is a fun experience.

However, I do know that spirits love to come to us to seek companionship not only to help us, but to make a friend. To bond. To explore. Just like humans make friends, bond, and explore different paths. I'm not sure how lonely a spirit could get, but I feel like it is possible for them to feel that way. Do keep in mind that spirits have moved on to a higher plane of existence, so they may have a different perspective than us.

A lot of the time, we as humans tend to project our emotions and thoughts onto spirits, so we have to keep in mind that sometimes our concepts may not reach them the same way. That's why I suggest to talk to your Keep about it, too. :)

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
MysticEmpath
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 15
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

I have had a Djinn come to me in this manner. She was listed as a lonely Time Djinn. When I first saw her listing there was a fee but she was always on my mind. I said I promised to bring her home on my next purchase if she had not found another keeper, within about a week she was free with any purchase. When I brought her home a few of my spirits, especially my Fae kept telling me that she needed some help. By help I attributed it to an emotional unbalance. I asked this Djinn if she wanted to talk about what she has been going through, she didn't want to say anything. I designated my Throne Angel to look after her and to give her the support she needed to get through any issues. My Fae later told me she had gone through a lot of emotional trauma but she was getting better. Over a period of about 2 months with the help of my Throne, the Fae and a few of my other companions, this Djinn completely turned around. She is exceptionally loving and has a profound impact on many of my other spirits.

My husband's dragon also came to me one day saying that she was quite lonely, he's been busy at work and hasn't made a lot of time for her. It didn't cross my mind to have her interact and bond with me or the companions in my keep, once I opened up that possibility she was ecstatic. She's helped two of my baby dragons blossom, she's very motherly and I think her true calling was to just care for others.

From these experiences I certainly believe that they can feel lonely. You should talk to your spirits and see if there is someone who is feeling this way and give them a little extra bonding time or give them a task. If they are feeling quite lonely you can also task your other spirits (possibly, the more social ones) to bond with them too if you get tied up and aren't able to bond as much as you'd like.

“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”
― Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Any entity or “spirit” can feel lonely tbh.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

My newly discovered house wight was lonely and depressed when I first became aware of him. After I offered him a strawberry he was happy and made friends with my keep. So yeah, spirits can be emotional.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Everyone has given great answers already. The short answer is yes, and like others have said spend some time with the spirit and work on why. Encourage them by telling them they don't have to be lonely, that you love them and want to be their companion. They can take their time and you won't force them, and you want to help provide a loving home for them.

My gorgon reflected feelings like this when she first arrived. It wasn't a loneliness but something more like she had a bad experience with a prior keeper. That I know if she was not an SRA because she was only a Reverse Adoption, but it made me wonder. When I expressed love and the intent for her to have a loving home with me I was overwhelmed by such strong appreciation it brought me to tears.

Sometimes their emotions are extremely powerful, and only by communicating can you find what it stems from.

Can it be sympathetic echoes of your emotions? Yes, if you are projecting your emotions on them. Another good reason to follow the emotions and discuss them more with your spirits. They can help you heal and gain balance from your own feelings too.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Divine Nightmare
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
Zodiac:

thank you all for your answers, I have been a keeper less than a year but just thinking of them being lonely hurts me...….after posting this I even told them if they are lonely or feel upset I would love for them to talk to me. no matter what happens in this life of mine or where my path leads.....they will always have me as a companion and a home. there is only one way that I see us splitting apart.....and that is if they tell me they want to leave my family. I will never leave their side, and I hope Fenrir knows I will come for her along with Arachne, a gryphon, wyvern, a werewolf and others I have in my wish list. I am inexperienced as a keeper, and sometimes I make mistakes.....but they will never have to be alone as long as I live. even if I parish I will join them and visit as much as I can. I know I am not powerful or very knowledgeable about them just yet and they could very well end up crush me if they decided to. But I love them all and knowing they have come to me and knowing some of them have been around me basically my whole life.....how could I not trust them. There is one task I have asked of them, I want to know more about them and if they would allow it.....for them to teach me. To be a keeper and about their ways. I have human family who do not approve because they are all dark arts, and because they are religious enough to say I am playing with things I do not understand. But like a very good friend of mine said "this is your path, You have to choose if you follow it or not". For me this isn't just a path to follow, I have been given things I do not fully understand and at times pain follows interactions with my spirit family. But I am ok with that until I can talk and speak with them better. they are my family, they look after me and I can't see myself without them. I do hope Fenrir will be patient with me...….for a little while know I have felt her calling. I know for an inexperienced keeper as I am I will probably have a hard time with her. The encyclopedia even warns that seasoned keeper have a hard time with Fenrir, I know the risks and the warnings from those who are far better than I am...….but the calling is sweet and gentle, familiar yet not. But back to the topic, if these feelings and words are mine alone......I know the cause and I know why, but fixing it or correcting it is not really possible for me right now. But I will try to be a better keeper, a better family.....because they deserve the best I can give them

part Divine part Nightmare but all I truly am is a Divine Nightmare

Return to “Spirit Keeping”