new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 3
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Frater Verum

Hello everyone, I'm just now register this forum, but anyway recently times I'm following here. Before ordering a spirit I want ask some thing to you are. As be first I must say, I'm believing spirits because so much times I lived paranormal <<removed by moderator>>and I was saw real djin and soul photos. My questions aren't relevant this, anyway
1-I want spirits about dark arts, which one do you recommend to a newcomer?
2-if I have a spirit, can I attract the attention of other spirits in the vicinity, and will they interact with me?
3-Are your dark spirits trying to scare/harm you?
4-What spirits can I levitate something using? and can they lift an object on their own?
5- Finally, Is there a nice guide for beginners?

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Cuss word is not allowed here.
Please read the forum rules.

SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

At the top of this forum there is a huge list of links to different resources on all kinds of Magick and Keeping and more.

"Dark Arts" doesn't necessarily mean "evil" or "scary". It's the type of magick that a spirit or entity originates and/or is practiced in. All of my companions are DA and only one can be kind of scary but that is it's purpose. The rest are all very helpful, friendly, respectful, loving, supportive and protective.

I would never suggest "What's best for a beginner" because everybody is different and your choices are endless. I will recommend what I believe might be some beginner friendly dark arts spirits.

Just keep in mind that DA spirits will test your house rules if you let them. This can sometimes cause problems for other people and/or pets that might reside in your home as well. So, be sure to let your companions know that the rules are to be strictly followed.

DA spirits I'd recommend for a beginning keeper:

Familar
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... ILIAR.html
They are not necessarily DA, WA or BA.. but they can be EXTREMELY helpful for somebody new to magick and spirit keeping.

Bakeneko
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... pirit.html
I have a friend who has a Bakeneko and she loves him. She says they're fun because of their DA nature making them naughty, as in enjoys playing pranks and just have fun.

Succubus
They are smart, affectionate, helpful and can be playful almost to a fault. Like any other spirit they will each have their own unique personality. A day doesn't go by that I don't interact with ubi several times.

Puca
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... NIONS.html
This is one that I don't keep, but the friend I mentioned above, this was the first spirit she welcomed in to her home. She said the first week was a little unnerving because the spirit and she didn't know each other very well and she said that if she startled it, it would manifest as something "troll or goblin like" and frighten her as well. But after it warmed up it manifests as large butterfly for her and is always with her.

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
mypleasure
new here
new here

SpyderBite wrote:At the top of this forum there is a huge list of links to different resources on all kinds of Magick and Keeping and more.

"Dark Arts" doesn't necessarily mean "evil" or "scary". It's the type of magick that a spirit or entity originates and/or is practiced in. All of my companions are DA and only one can be kind of scary but that is it's purpose. The rest are all very helpful, friendly, respectful, loving, supportive and protective.

I would never suggest "What's best for a beginner" because everybody is different and your choices are endless. I will recommend what I believe might be some beginner friendly dark arts spirits.

Just keep in mind that DA spirits will test your house rules if you let them. This can sometimes cause problems for other people and/or pets that might reside in your home as well. So, be sure to let your companions know that the rules are to be strictly followed.

DA spirits I'd recommend for a beginning keeper:

Familar
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... ILIAR.html
They are not necessarily DA, WA or BA.. but they can be EXTREMELY helpful for somebody new to magick and spirit keeping.

Bakeneko
I have a friend who has a Bakeneko and she loves him. She says they're fun because of their DA nature making them naughty, as in enjoys playing pranks and just have fun.

Succubus
They are smart, affectionate, helpful and can be playful almost to a fault. Like any other spirit they will each have their own unique personality. A day doesn't go by that I don't interact with ubi several times.

Puca
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... NIONS.html
This is one that I don't keep, but the friend I mentioned above, this was the first spirit she welcomed in to her home. She said the first week was a little unnerving because the spirit and she didn't know each other very well and she said that if she startled it, it would manifest as something "troll or goblin like" and frighten her as well. But after it warmed up it manifests as large butterfly for her and is always with her.
Thank you, So can I use these spirits for levitation?

SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I couldn't answer that question as I don't practice magick outside some pendulum work and protection spells which are bound to me. I'm sure there are others here though that could answer that question for you.

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

SpyderBite's got some great info and recommendations there.

As for a spirit levitating something, that sort of manifestation is extremely unlikely. It is not impossible, but it is going to be something that is so incredibly rare that you should not go into spirit keeping expecting something like that to happen or even thinking it is a possibility. That is what I would call a very unreasonable expectation and if you want a spirit companion only because you want them to perform tricks, then you are doing this for the wrong reason.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

mypleasure wrote: 1-I want spirits about dark arts, which one do you recommend to a newcomer?
2-if I have a spirit, can I attract the attention of other spirits in the vicinity, and will they interact with me?
3-Are your dark spirits trying to scare/harm you?
4-What spirits can I levitate something using? and can they lift an object on their own?
5- Finally, Is there a nice guide for beginners?
To add on to SpiderBite's post, if you want a good example of what "Dark Art's" is, in CH terms, we as humans are referred to as DA. Dark Arts just means we have the ability to choose to do good or bad things, and everything in between.

1. I agree with SpiderBite's post on this too. I would recommend getting protection spirits first, but its your path. Vampire's are on the list of recommendation, but really its all up to you. What are you interested in? What is calling to you? I would search around the forums and do some research.

2. Yes, this has been heard of many times before. This is why the #1 recommendation for ANY spirit keeper, is to look into protection. How to protect yourself, your space, cleanse yourself/space, etc. Protection. You can never have too much protection. This will keep out a lot of the unbound spirits from entering your space and messing with you, but even with protection there is still a chance. Research this.

3. No, my DA spirits would never try to harm or scare me on purpose. Our spirits, especially from CH, are here to help us, guide us, teach and learn with us. They're here for us. Purposeful harming/scaring is usually not a thing. However, some Keepers have very dark spirits that like to pull pranks, etc etc. Some spirits will try to scare you. But that goes along with the House Rules. If you have house rules put up to keep your spirits in line, this should keep whatever you fear from happening.

4. To move objects costs a lot of energy. From my experience, bound spirits will not go to such measures, especially not as something as levitating an object. Most likely, they will only move or nudge something. It all depends on the specific spirit in question, and the energy it will take.

5. Creepy Hollows has a few books on their shop available that has a ton of information. This forum also holds a lot of information in it. I would recommend that, before you get any spirits bound to you, to thoroughly read up on protection and anything else you may be curious about. Educate yourself before you jump in. :)

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Regholdain wrote:SpyderBite's got some great info and recommendations there.

As for a spirit levitating something, that sort of manifestation is extremely unlikely. It is not impossible, but it is going to be something that is so incredibly rare that you should not go into spirit keeping expecting something like that to happen or even thinking it is a possibility. That is what I would call a very unreasonable expectation and if you want a spirit companion only because you want them to perform tricks, then you are doing this for the wrong reason.
I 100% agree with this. Consider carefully the reasons why you want to get into keeping spirits. Reasons like above is set for failure and frustration and not a good time for you or the spirit.

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
mypleasure
new here
new here

Regholdain wrote:SpyderBite's got some great info and recommendations there.

Long time ago, I've seen some souls fly things. Actually, I'm not sure they're souls. I just wanted to know if I could buy those assets.

SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

featheredstar wrote: I 100% agree with this. Consider carefully the reasons why you want to get into keeping spirits. Reasons like above is set for failure and frustration and not a good time for you or the spirit.
I have to agree with this as well. At first I thought the OP meant that he wanted help learning how to levitate himself or an object. And, well there are probably an infinite amount of spirits out there with that kind of knowledge to share.

But if the goal is as mentioned above, for your spirit to do tricks like a pet. Thats not going to work out very well.. for you or your companion.

I was just imagining how my sanguine would react if I had demanded that she levitate something for her. *shudders*

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”