Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: yet to decide
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Healer
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Wild waters
Zodiac:

Hello guys,

I have purchased a protection spell which is in English. My question is that, can i translate the mantra inside to my native language? it feels comfortable that way.

Thanks

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Yes, you can, a spell is just energy manipulation put into words. It's advised to use the language that you feel more comfortable with regardless of its original writing language because it becomes more personal to you which is the best thing for spells which tend to work better for the individual than less personal ones.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Raavak
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 12
Zodiac:

You just do not translate any energy words, but they aren't English anyway.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

If you do this, good luck. I hope it works for you.

I agree that obvious code words or "energy words" that are not English should definitely be left alone, if they are in the spell. And I think that for certain types of spell, it is important to fully understand & grasp it in a gnosis /'grokking' kind of way.

But to be honest I'm not sure the word of absolutely any and every spell can simply be translated into one's own language and still be just as effective. The saying 'a lot has been lost in the translation' could be the end result.

Language can be important. Different languages can use significantly different phrases and concepts whos actual meanings sometimes only vaguely approximate each other. A computer translation for example might lose all the poetic magic of the original. Whoever wrote a spell may have embedded a normal looking word in the text that has a highly esoteric significance that a translator may not appreciate.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
harisikram
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:If you do this, good luck. I hope it works for you.

I agree that obvious code words or "energy words" that are not English should definitely be left alone, if they are in the spell. And I think that for certain types of spell, it is important to fully understand & grasp it in a gnosis /'grokking' kind of way.

But to be honest I'm not sure the word of absolutely any and every spell can simply be translated into one's own language and still be just as effective. The saying 'a lot has been lost in the translation' could be the end result.

Language can be important. Different languages can use significantly different phrases and concepts whos actual meanings sometimes only vaguely approximate each other. A computer translation for example might lose all the poetic magic of the original. Whoever wrote a spell may have embedded a normal looking word in the text that has a highly esoteric significance that a translator may not appreciate.
Hey Lewk, Thanks for the reply. can you more elaborate when you say "Energy word"
for example?
and the mantra in the spell is in English. it is the "Anubis protection spell". I had to translate that to my language as this bring more emotions and understanding of the prayers to me.
Again please give me more detail on energy words.

Thanks

harisikram
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:If you do this, good luck. I hope it works for you.

Can i post one line of mantra to get its proper meaning? if you think i can? i am a bit confused about its meaning.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

harisikram wrote: Can i post one line of mantra to get its proper meaning? if you think i can? i am a bit confused about its meaning.
The anubis spell is not a mantra, it's a spell. You usually just say it once and aren't there candles and a stone involved?
Now with a tibetan mantra for example you shouldn't translate it, since it has seed syllables that have a certain vibration. Just like the mentioned Energy Words.
Usually you can translate spells into other languages, as long as there is nothing like the above involved.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
harisikram
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
harisikram wrote: Can i post one line of mantra to get its proper meaning? if you think i can? i am a bit confused about its meaning.
The anubis spell is not a mantra, it's a spell. You usually just say it once and aren't there candles and a stone involved?
Now with a tibetan mantra for example you shouldn't translate it, since it has seed syllables that have a certain vibration. Just like the mentioned Energy Words.
Usually you can translate spells into other languages, as long as there is nothing like the above involved.
Hi, thanks for the reply. It says you do not need any candles or crystals but if you want you can. since i have already candles of the said color, i will go with the nice incense and candles. but i am still confused.
IF you know the spell of Anubis i mean if you have it, you know it can be translated right? so i am asking that if i get the meaning and the purpose and the actions of that spells right. Can i translate it or i should just go with the English version?
If you don't mind me asking, what are the energy words?

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Objects in spells aren’t exactly necessary, they’re just advised in the sense of if you want extra energy from external sources. However, it’s not needed. You can substitute candles and such with just your own will and intent being enough to power the spell. Personally, all my spellwork never uses tools because if you believe you need tools then your spellwork will in some degree be dependent on it. However, if you do it with the mentality that it’s not required then it won’t be. Your energy is more than enough to carry out your will.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Raavak
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 12
Zodiac:

"Energy words" will be like code words that aren't English or translatable anyway. At CH I mostly see them called "activation" and "deactivation" words on spelled vessels.

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”