Silene Capensis (African Dream Root)

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
Bonshan
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0

I recently received some seeds for this plant, Silene Capensis (African dream root), I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it? Using or growing.

Also I may use this thread as a status updated on the plants, may even post some pictures eventually. Takes about 1-2 weeks for the seeds to sprout, but It'll take about 3 years before the plants are big enough for the roots to be worth harvesting. Starting with 6 because I didn't want to toss all my eggs in one basket, seeing on how these work out I may plant more next year.

Also thinking about getting some seeds for Calea Zacatechichi, another dream intensifying herb. Haven't had much luck with it besides in one dream the sky was a vibrant purple and I woke up after realizing I was dreaming heh.

“Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless and add what is specifically your own” - Bruce Lee

Back to walking my path alone. See you on the other side.
bleepyy
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I experienced , I took 2 capsules but I felt huge headache and I tripped on my chest heavy pressure I went downstairs walked around outside to breath heavily the fresh air because no air was enough.

Maybe It was because I was on weed thay day, and a 2 pills of Lyrica. I dont know last year I was really naughty. I wish I didnt risk my life like that but thanks God im okay ahahaha :)

Just when I thought I was out... They pulled me back in.
Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

bleepyy wrote:I experienced , I took 2 capsules but I felt huge headache and I tripped on my chest heavy pressure I went downstairs walked around outside to breath heavily the fresh air because no air was enough.

Maybe It was because I was on weed thay day, and a 2 pills of Lyrica. I dont know last year I was really naughty. I wish I didnt risk my life like that but thanks God im okay ahahaha :)

:] I had to smile at your post. I tried it a few times using a method I came across on YouTube where it's grated, put in water, and shaken up to create a foam-like drink and drank it. I didn't notice much difference, but may try it again since I have some of the root still

Bonshan
new here
new here

Update so far: Two of the six seeds have sprouted. :D

Also I've planted some mugwort which has sprouted and is doing great and some wormwood which hasn't done anything, I'll try more wormwood next year earlier in the season.

“Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless and add what is specifically your own” - Bruce Lee

Bonshan
new here
new here

Another update, only one silene remains but it looks like it's doing good. Now to keep it alive over the winter. Gonna plant the remaining seeds next spring.

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”