neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Athena
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not sure.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Ace of Spades

While this question initially applied to Djinn, I put it in general because I felt it might apply to other spirits as well. Ever since I got the vessel for my marid I have been trying to find ways to bring her into the physical world or at the very least see her in her own world by trying to enhance my ability to see beyond the physical boundaries (Such as trying to open my third eye.), but I was wondering would it be possible for Djinn or any other spirits to interact with the physical world, using a physical construct. Basically an object, that the spirit can inhabit and possibly change to suit them in the real world? A doll or some kind of object for them to inhabit.

Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A type of elemental
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not yet known

I believe this is possible (after all incredible feats have been done by entities/ spirits and people) however it would require loads of energy put forth into it and success would depend heavily on yours and your companion's skill sets and natural abilities.

It would be a huge project to undergo, would require a lot of focus and you may or may not achieve what you're hoping for.

Also the sustainability of it would probably be brief.

With all that said, it wouldn't be a bad project to work toward if you're so inclined. Just don't let frustration get the best of you if it proves to be difficult. And be realistic about what results you can expect based on your current abilities.

Cheshire Kitten ^..^ :)|

The Old God sleeps
down in the dark, moist,
odorous underfoot,
Waiting for us
To put down our roots.
AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

Whimsy wrote:I believe this is possible (after all incredible feats have been done by entities/ spirits and people) however it would require loads of energy put forth into it and success would depend heavily on yours and your companion's skill sets and natural abilities.

It would be a huge project to undergo, would require a lot of focus and you may or may not achieve what you're hoping for.

Also the sustainability of it would probably be brief.

With all that said, it wouldn't be a bad project to work toward if you're so inclined. Just don't let frustration get the best of you if it proves to be difficult. And be realistic about what results you can expect based on your current abilities.
Well she's a Marid, from what I heard even if some only specialize in certain things, the marids as a whole are like the .44 magnum of Djinn.

As for my own energy, I'm not so sure. By that I mean I never had anyone sort of read and measure me when it came to my own energy and I never had quite practice with energy work in general.

As for what I expect. I do things in stages so that things can be safer. But essentially the idea is I plan to either make or get a doll like figure. Blank in appearance so that if it works, she can form it into whatever form she likes or I request. My first initial idea was to make what I like to call a paper doll. Essentially a piece of paper in the vague shape of a humanoid being, which should be easy for her to channel her body through. Then when that works, work my way up to a more solid structure. I expect at worst she'd be able to better communicate, interact and better help me and grant my wishes. Whilst at best I expect her to be able to warp the construct she is using into an in the flesh physical form.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

If she can't move physical objects yet or change your biological structure as in change at least the color of your eyes, how do you expect her to affect a physical item like a doll or paper. How do you expect her to change the atoms of paper into something resembling meat?

There is a lot of magical and possessed dolls around, very powerful ones and they hardly move at all.
It's good to set yourself goals, but don't set your expectations too high for the beginning unless you can easily deal with frustration and disappointment, then aim for the stars.

That said, you might not want to use paper. Something that draws her into the physical realm. Something magnetic and grounding, perhaps. To better influence the physical realm something electric that helps with projecting and focussing energy.

I would go for a body shaped orgonite construct with a crystal grid that makes up the innards, so to speak.
A center stone, maybe the heart as magnetic and grounding, connected to it other crystals as arms that help with focussing and directing energies and the legs as pulling energy from the ground up into the center. Basically a representation like a human body and human energy system.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

Aprophis wrote:If she can't move physical objects yet or change your biological structure as in change at least the color of your eyes, how do you expect her to affect a physical item like a doll or paper. How do you expect her to change the atoms of paper into something resembling meat?

There is a lot of magical and possessed dolls around, very powerful ones and they hardly move at all.
It's good to set yourself goals, but don't set your expectations too high for the beginning unless you can easily deal with frustration and disappointment, then aim for the stars.

That said, you might not want to use paper. Something that draws her into the physical realm. Something magnetic and grounding, perhaps. To better influence the physical realm something electric that helps with projecting and focussing energy.

I would go for a body shaped orgonite construct with a crystal grid that makes up the innards, so to speak.
A center stone, maybe the heart as magnetic and grounding, connected to it other crystals as arms that help with focussing and directing energies and the legs as pulling energy from the ground up into the center. Basically a representation like a human body and human energy system.
I seen what she can do. It's scarce but she is extremely powerful. Powerful enough that she can physically touch me. I use the paper doll first, because while I don't underestimate her power, I also know that should something goes wrong I just simply destroy the construct which will free her and send her back to her vessel. As we speak I am finding a way to charge my own energy and seeing if binding her to this doll. If it works then there would be a connection between the construct and the vessel.

AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

Update. I used a bridging spell. Specifically one that works on anything from stones to paper. After casting it, I didn't see anything happen yet. Save for what appears to be a static like substance emanating from the doll. The best way to describe it is like TV Snow as shown in this gif below:
https://giphy.com/gifs/pyqqSHqdekwVi

However said snow is semi transparent enough that I can see it and the paper doll at the same time. So some kind of energy is brewing in there.

AlejandroMEX
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Alexander
Zodiac:

marids the .44 magnum of djinn? im sorry but i disagree and that sounds a bit biased as there are many races of djinn out there and all of them are capable of achieving great things and power

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Can we not be so quick to judge so harshly? Imagine if we harshly judged everyone. Soon, most people will stop coming here. Please be nice.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

AlejandroMEX wrote:marids the .44 magnum of djinn? im sorry but i disagree and that sounds a bit biased as there are many races of djinn out there and all of them are capable of achieving great things and power
Not sure where you got the idea that that was biased. I never said I believed it, I said "From what I heard."
Huffette wrote:Can we not be so quick to judge so harshly? Imagine if we harshly judged everyone. Soon, most people will stop coming here. Please be nice.
Don't mean to be rude, but who is this comment referring to me or the person above you?

AceOfSpades
neophyte
neophyte

Bit of an update. Yesterday I placed my paper doll in a makeshift charging box I made, and put my vessel in with it. When I inspected it this morning, I noticed that he vessel seemed to gravitate towards the arm of the doll. So odds are I'm doing something right.

Return to “General Questions”