You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Interitus

So early this year I suddenly had interest in kitsune. I did a lot of research and investigation about them. And I gave up because I have no idea what I'm doing and there are mix remarks about kitsunes.

But recently I had another surge of interest in them. I found starry1night's kitsune. And i will admit, I'm a bit of a skeptic in these areas because I've never seen any paranormal stuff(my eyes are a bit insensitive to see them) but I am able to sense them a little bit.

I thought to myself, if its truly a kitsune calling me, then I demand the kitsune to show me a sign or appear in my dreams.

Later that night while I was sleeping, I found myself smiling and giggling while I was a sleep. I also found that i was sleeping in an unusual way. (I always sleep on my side i never sleep facing the ceiling). Furthermore while I was sleeping, I can sense there is another presence in my dream. Not sure how to describe it but its like I had my main dream and a smaller sub-dream next to it which felt fun and warm.

If this is a real calling, then I have a lot of issues preventing me from getting them.
See, my family is super religious. My father has a lot of buddhist amulets and my room has 2 amulets. I'm just afraid that there will be a clash between my Buddhist amulets and the kitsune.

As I'm of chinese decent, we don't see kitsunes the way japanese people do. We see it as "huli jing". If you say "huli jing" in a Chinese house, people will panic. So i have to make sure absolutely no one will expose me if I bring the kitsune home. I'm just scared that the buddhist amulets will alert my parents and I'll be forced to somehow discard my kitsune.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I think the dream is a good sign that the amulets didn't really affect the visiting Kitsune, but that might be a stretch of my own logic.

As to whether the amulets might be an issue with a spirit binding, I cannot say. I think it depends on the amulet's specific magic/divine blessing and intent as well as the spirit binding itself. You may want to contact a practitioner directly with advice and give more detail about the amulets and see what they say.

Personally, I would not think the amulets would pose an issue since it is a spirit that you welcome and allow. I also don't think the amulets would generate an alarm (but again, I don't know how they are "cast" or what intent and all that). None of that addresses whether or not your family actually can sense the kitsune with their own skill. That's a bit of a conundrum.
X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I come from a Buddhist background too and have some Buddhist amulets here in my home. I even wear one I got directly from a monk. It has never affected my spirits, even the darker ones. I don't know what yours would do though.

Just my opinion, I'm not an expert so take this with a grain of salt. If you get yourself a good kitsune who can give positive contribution to your life, I don't think the amulet would do anything like alerting anybody. I believe that Buddhism is above the general ignorance that fox spirit = trouble.
StarPlatinumPart3
new here
new here

Sooty wrote:I come from a Buddhist background too and have some Buddhist amulets here in my home. I even wear one I got directly from a monk. It has never affected my spirits, even the darker ones. I don't know what yours would do though.

Just my opinion, I'm not an expert so take this with a grain of salt. If you get yourself a good kitsune who can give positive contribution to your life, I don't think the amulet would do anything like alerting anybody. I believe that Buddhism is above the general ignorance that fox spirit = trouble.
We pray to the goddess guan yin (chinese name). We have a statue of her at our front door. She's sort of the guardian of our house.

As for the amulets, I'm not sure. My personal amulets that are given by my father are of thai origin. He got it from the temple. Its purpose is mainly for protection (though I feel like it boost my luck especially exams more than protection)

My father has 20+ thai amulets I have no idea what type of amulets that he has.

I've been feeling conflicted for quite awhile because of this situation. Half of me wants to get the kitsune badly the other half of me doesn't want any trouble and doesn't want to be forced to discard the kitsune if exposed
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

Plus why the Chinese have such negative sentiments about hu li jing is because the phrase is often used to describe a homewrecker, so unrelated to kitsune or even the real hu li jing species.
StarPlatinumPart3
new here
new here

Sooty wrote:Plus why the Chinese have such negative sentiments about hu li jing is because the phrase is often used to describe a homewrecker, so unrelated to kitsune or even the real hu li jing species.
Assuming I got pass my buddhist background issues, I'm still a bit of a skeptic though.

I'm the type of person who needs to see it for themselves to believe and my eyes are too insensitive to see anything out of the ordinary. And my sensing ability is very mediocre at best.

My father has quite a number of strong Buddhist amulets and I have never felt anything about them. Although my personal amulets do give me weird situation based dreams in the past.
StarPlatinumPart3
new here
new here

Sooty wrote:I come from a Buddhist background too and have some Buddhist amulets here in my home. I even wear one I got directly from a monk. It has never affected my spirits, even the darker ones. I don't know what yours would do though.

My father has over 20+ buddhist thai amulets that he got from a temple which i have no idea what their purpose are. (i just went to have a look, seems like he has protection and other specific purpose amulets)

My personal amulets are also buddhist and from a thai temple.
Mine are for protections. Though to me it feels more of luck than protection because it always somehow makes exams a lot easier for me.

We pray to the guan yin bodhisattva and have her statue at our front door. She is sort of the guardian and protector for our house.

I've been feeling conflicted for quite a long time because half of me wants to get the kitsune and the other half doesn't want trouble.
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

That's very interesting. I am mixed and some of those mixes happen to be Chinese and Japanese and I usually separate Huli Jing and Kitsune as two different things.. since many conjurers out there regard them as two different species. Though I do get what you mean in your post.
I happen to have an amulet myself blessed by a Thai monk and I've never thought they can affect things like spirits.
I might offer a suggestion.. you can always have a kitsune bound to a vessel , and if anything happens.. you can have it bound to your spirit instead, and that way.. there's no risk with "losing" them. The kitsune would always be with you.
"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Are you still skeptic ? I mean you already asked to the kitsune to show in a dream and it showed and you observed some strange happenings ( the way you sleep is unusual etc..) plus , you sense spirits slightly and have a strong calling.

Do you mean seeing with your physical eyes ? Because it is not how spirits work . Do you mean moving objects ? Because it requires tons of energy (in a POV of a spirit).

Now , i understand completely you being skeptic because spirit keeping is something just not well known and strange for people.

But i would not like you to adopt a kitsune and then months after just unbind because you are too scared or you are still skeptic or because you are just not sure about that.

Now my opinion about amulets and your religion : i think that the amulet protect you from bad spirits but if this kitsune has no bad intentions then it is ok . Maybe the amulets work when there are bad intentions around.

I can understand that your religion can stop you and that your family can't be scared .
I suggest not telling them because they can be scared . In the end of the day it is your own choices and you who choose your own path.
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Sorry for the emojis , the crossed fingers are a question mark and the angry emoji is two points

Return to “Spirit Keeping”