Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Arkan Sonney
If I could be anything, I would be...: Happy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Firefly Dreamer
Zodiac:

Is there a way to work with spirits and spirit races here without binding them. I feel strangly about binding spirits and dislike the feeling it gives me. (Others may do as they wish but it is not for me, as far as I'm concerned, at this point in my life. I'm told it is something to stay away from as I might be opening doors that I can't shut again.)

I would like to have a spirit companion or one that might stick around to talk to and guard me, however I would prefer they stay unbound, but still be able to communicate, bond, and grow with them. Is there a way to do this?

Creepy Hollows Spirits: 1 Arkan Sonney, 1 Gnome, 1 Phoenix, 3 Mid-Level Sin-eaters

BluJay76 Spirits: 1 Sun Dragon, 1 Itla Dragon, 1 Black Unicorn

Living Entities: 2 Concuan, 1 Boobrie, 1 Tikunboro
Firefly_Dreamer
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I'm not sure how to edit, so I'll add on another post. If I would get a bound spirit and things don't work out, can you return them (if they are custom conjures)? Can they be unbound from the vessel without returning it?

Creepy Hollows Spirits: 1 Arkan Sonney, 1 Gnome, 1 Phoenix, 3 Mid-Level Sin-eaters

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Heya Firefly -

There is a DIY section in the forum for non-binding summons as well

forum464.html

Sooty also made some excellent suggestions.

Yes you can return them. A custom binding means they choose a spirit that best matches your energy signiture and chooses to go forward with the binding, rather then a pre-bound spirit with its full listing in the store already. Most of mine have been this way, tho I did once notice my hellhound was already attached to another package/spell service and was removed from that listing upon my request for one. Tho of a lower "strength" binding then my others (C5 vs C5T3) he has been one of my stronger connections.

The CH crew work with the spirits and take their choices and decisions seriously - and the spirits themselves have a much different view on things (being from other realms/outside of time/etc)

Anywho - welcome again to the forum

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Working with a spirit guide is a really good suggestion, Sooty. I would add to that working with an ancestor that is amiable to your family.

Otherwise, I will also say that working with spirits, bound or unbound, is not for everyone. If you are not feeling good about it, then I highly suggest exploring that feeling and tracing its origin. Is this truly your inner voice or something someone else is telling you? If it's truly you, where does it come from, can you determine the source, etc. It may take s lot of self-reflection and self-realization bit that could be the start of a broadening of your horizons.

In the end, inviting spirits to your home is a personal decision. I wouldn't recommend it as something to do just to see what you feel about it.

BUT. If you address still curious you can also email CH support to see what advice they might have.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Couldn't edit... that last sentence should read "if you are still curious (not address)"... LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Firefly_Dreamer
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you guys for your help. I'm interested in a portal or channel.

I've been told it's never okay to bind a spirit and that its hugely disrespectful etc; and causes problems with them controlling you. I'm afraid that it is going to be too much as I am extremely oversensitive to different energies. I'm shy and insecure about a lot and feel like i would bond best with an animal as spirit or entity. Honestly I'm almost drawn to entities more, but there are very few animal ones.

I also keep getting this draw here. I dont want to get in over my head. I almost got spirits last year and then freaked out and canceled my order. I'm not sure why. I guess I felt like I was doing something that I couldn't just "undo" without severe consequences.

I have no idea why I felt/feel like that.

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

It's never okay to bind a spirit without their consent, and harm will surely befall whoever attempts it. But if it's a mutually agreed binding then both parties (keeper & spirit) can benefit from the experience :) sorry if this is out of topic

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Firefly_Dreamer wrote:I've been told it's never okay to bind a spirit and that its hugely disrespectful etc; and causes problems with them controlling you.
I just want to point out that this, right here, is a common misunderstanding with the idea of Spirit Keeping put forth by Creepy Hollows as well as many other practitioners.

A spirit binding in the context of Spirit Keeping is a magical binding that forges a connection between you and the spirit, nothing more. This is a mutual process that the spirit fully takes part in and agrees to and it is not against their will. There is no disrespect involved, no harm, and nothing is being forced on the spirit in any way. The spirit is also vetted by the conjuror / practitioner and part of that process usually includes terms of the binding to protect both the spirit and the keeper. There would be no problem caused that would result in a spirit controlling you. None of the spirits bound in a Spirit Keeping practice would ever mean any harm to their keeper.

Spirit Keeping is about having a spirit companion to befriend and help you. The Keeper does not "own" the spirit, does not "control" the spirit, and does not "force" the spirit to do anything. They are also not "trapped" in their vessel - they can roam anywhere they like at any time. They have just as much free will as they did while alive and they can still do whatever they need to do in their respective realms. Just the same, the spirit does not have any control over the Keeper. They might influence you to make a decision better for your health and safety, or try to stop you from making a harmful decision, but they cannot and will not attempt to control you against your will.

If you are worried about any of that, I would recommend researching any practitioner that you consider. There are a many trustworthy ones out there, but to allay your fears you can ask them for details about their conjuring process, whether they force their spirits into the binding or if there are any other terms, whether the bindings can be dissolved under any specific circumstance, etc.

Spirit binding outside of the Spirit Keeping context can mean many different things. It might include a contract or agreement between them and the conjuror or even a forced binding against a spirit's will to exact a specific purpose. It could also refer to "spirit trapping" which is more about stopping a spirit and capturing it. Those things are NOT what Spirit Keeping is about, and yes, they CAN lead to problems (usually when the conjuror does not keep up their end of the bargain or meddles with spirits they should not). I can assure you that this is not what the most established conjurors involved in Spirit Keeping do and it is not something you would need to be concerned about.

All of this is explained in many of the stickied topics posted in the Beginner/Newbie section of the forum, so I would highly recommend reading all of the original posts in that thread or reading the Spirit Keeping articles in the Creepy Hollows Encyclopedia.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Bartlebee
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 500
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Firefly_Dreamer wrote:Thank you guys for your help. I'm interested in a portal or channel.

I've been told it's never okay to bind a spirit and that its hugely disrespectful etc; and causes problems with them controlling you. I'm afraid that it is going to be too much as I am extremely oversensitive to different energies. I'm shy and insecure about a lot and feel like i would bond best with an animal as spirit or entity.
Caution is Good! And it's great that you're investigating things rather than jumping in too quick. You are the best judge of your comfort level.

"Binding" is a term-of-art in the magical community. For companionate spirit-keepers, the binding is a protected, persistent, energetic link. The spirit or entity is only bound to you voluntarily-not forcibly. In addition, the rules of a proper binding protect you; the spirit or entity must follow any house rules you set up.

As for animals, here's my plug for the Basilisk. Protective, powerful, and a natural leader.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... NTIAL.html

Return to “Spirit Keeping”