Need help: I want to improve my relationship with my Djinns

Tips and tricks for connecting and making wishes with djinn.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I'm going to ignore the darker side of this thread and answer the basic question of bonding with Djinn; I have several at this time, and my very first companion was a Djinn as well, so in my time bonding with them I've learned some small things that applied to us as a group (and may or may not apply to you as well...)

1) They love tasks. All of the Djinn I've worked with have had very high work ethics and tend to feel at their best when either helping myself or others find ease or success with a goal. One of my Djinn (a Ghul djinn) helped a person I barely know have success in starting a business simply because I asked her, another helped me several times with raising money, and another still shielded me from negativity with little other than a simple request and a smile. They don't expect grandiose rewards, they feel that being in the thick of a situation with me is enough. I find it also acts as a form of bonding for us, because we all get to face a problem together instead of me asking them to fix it by themselves or vice versa. They're kind of like my guardians in a sense.

2) They dislike being outright "told" to do something. You have to ask, and you always have to give the option of them saying no. Expecting them to do something just because you said so is a quick way to sour a relationship with a Djinn. You're friends first, always, and you should treat them as such.

3) All of my Djinn love sweets, especially chocolate, and consider it a favorite reward snack for a task completed. I try to share my mnms or twix bars with them whenever possible.

4) If you can sleep with your Vessel, do it. The more direct contact with your Djinn the better.

5) Don't over task them, and take the time to surprise them with tasks meant for them. For example occasionally I task my Djinn Vampire Hybrid to, "Please enjoy this offering and take some time to yourself" or "Your only task for today is to simply enjoy this movie with me" that way tasks aren't always seen as work specific things, but bonding experiences too - which is likely why my Djinn view number one the way they do.

6) It sounds odd, but sharing your food and drink even if it's just inviting them to taste things with you as you eat, goes a long way in integrating their presence in your life as a constant versus a "sort of" feeling you get "sometimes".

7) All of my Djinn like evening over daylight, and are most active at night. If your spirits are known to be more nocturnal, connecting to them around this time is likely your best bet.

8) Anything creative they'll adore; be it carving candals, writing them stories, drawing for them, etc.

**note: these can technically apply to any spirit, but this has been my experience with my Djinn companions so far, and other experiences are likely to vary.

LiveNobody
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Thanks for sharing this with us :]
I will defiantly consider these pointers when my spirit gets to me (which will hopefully be soon, really excited to start this journey). Just a quick question though, how exactly do you give spirits your food and drink when they are.. well spirits? I've heard that some spirits can taste the food / drink that you consume? Not really 100% sure if that's true or not, but just generally curious :)|

Also what sort of tasks do you give to your spirits and how often do you usually task them?

"Even good people are great at makin' bad decisions, yeah (Oh)
They ain't gon' take it serious
You find out pretty quick that life is more than just appearances
I know some things we could avoid to save embarrassment
But everything that breaks you down can also build your character"

~ NF - Nate
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

LiveNobody wrote:Just a quick question though, how exactly do you give spirits your food and drink when they are.. well spirits? I've heard that some spirits can taste the food / drink that you consume? Not really 100% sure if that's true or not, but just generally curious :)
I either leave it out for them (think of it in the same way you would offer blood or a pretty stone) or offer for them to enjoy it as I eat/drink it. Whether they can taste something through us is up for debate imo, but inviting them to join in my meal is always taken better than not inviting them to. So take that as you will. ;)
LiveNobody wrote: Also what sort of tasks do you give to your spirits and how often do you usually task them?
It depends on the spirit. My hybrid is generally given tasks regarding wealth and attraction, my Ghul is usually given more direct and forceful tasks such as aiding in a future event's outcome. Most of the time I task them as a team so that they all can work together if they wish, and of course if I can, I'll provide special offerings so they know that I appreciate the work that they do, and sometimes I'll burn seven day candles as an extra amount of effort and intent for their work. It's all about doing what you can.

How often I task them is variable, and it also depends on what I've already tasked them with. I could give them one task a month based on the severity and it's importance to me, others may be once or multiple times a day (ex. "V I really want some chicken nuggets...). Bam. A friend picks me up lunch as a surprise thirty minutes later. Task complete. Immediately onto the next one, "Can you make this guy buzz off?" It is done! I have small tasks like that a lot because I'm needy, and they personally enjoy it when I put faith in them. X3

Imo, it's better than ignoring them in day to day life or waiting until you have nothing but a money wish to give them.

Return to “Connecting With Djinn”