neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

I ask a lot of questions. I believe its conducive to a healthy learning environment.

Atypical vessels. I've looked around and havent seen really anything on this. If I missed it, please kindly direct me there.

So. I see the typical. Pretty much any type of jewelry, stone, statue/ette, etc seem acceptable. This question leans towards atypical.

Staves and the like seem ideal for binding spells to aid a caster, as staves are one of many tools that can be used in casting. What about binding an entity to said staff? Or what about a cane? I have a few. Very well made. One is a mahogany shaft with a sterling silver derby style handle. And I have a brilliant oak (believe its oak, it feels like oak) with a ball type handle made of different types of wood pieces together. Mahogany, redwood, sandalwood, ash, theres a lot. I believe these would be ideal vessels.

Let's go a step further.

One of my canes is a modified warhammer which I carry when I feel that things may possibly go awry. It is more of a weapon. How would/could this work?

I have canes because they are an accessory, not a necessity. I love to wear suits, and do things like go to fancy restaurants or events. I enjoy it. But since theres suits, what about cufflinks? These to me seem atypical, though there could be precedents.

Going one further, having been to Argentina several times, I rather enjoy mate (pronounced mah-tay). It's a lovely tea-like drink. The pozos (cups) can be very ornate and are traditionally decorated, hollowed out gourds. My fave is my gourd wrapped in gray leather with a nickel lip. Could this be an acceptable vessel? Could I still use it to enjoy mate? What about the straws (bombilla) they use? My favorite is made of what they called alpaca, which I know is an animal, but apparently it's also a mixture of nickel, silver, and copper. Could this be a vessel and could it still be used as intended?

Could/would anything want to be bound to a firearm? Rifle, pistol, etc. What about a complex primitive weapon as a bow or crossbow? How well would/could that work?

It could be bound to spirit, bound to soul (different and you guys dont bond to soul, I think) which is cool but I think could ultimately be problematic. What about binding to a furbaby's spirit? Dont think I'd ever do that because it may lead to a very confrontational conflict in my pack (my hounds), I'm just curious about possibilities.

Dont laugh here because the following is very legitimate. What about a person who has a glass eye, or an amputee? Could prostheses be used as vessels?

The questions dont have to be answered. Maybe share your most atypical vessel.

But I am dying and doing the "hope against hopes" dance.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

For answers. Dying for answers... not dying outside of the existential we are all born dying concept.

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Biscatron
new here
new here
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

my most atypical vessel is a stuffed unicorn :)

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I believe anything can be a vessel. You, yourself, can be a vessel (thus, binding to spirit is a thing). So anything you mentioned yes, can be a vessel!

Things like your warhammer, if a spirit would agree to it (as I always like to let the spirits pick their preferred vessel if I can, and enjoy when I hear that the conjurers let the spirits pick the vessel) I would have a protective spirit(s) be bound to the warhammer, since it seems it's used more like defense/protection, etc.
Perhaps for a cufflink I'd have a social spirit be bound to it, or someone who enjoys more fancier or outgoing things. Personally I like to at least match up a spirit that would benefit the use of such a vessel.

Ultimately, though, anything can be a vessel. You don't even have to use vessels if you don't want to, however, and can invite the spirit out when the occasion arises. But these are my thoughts :)

I guess for me, I don't have any atypical vessels for my spirits. All of mine are bound to spirit, or jewelry. I don't personally find binding them to anything else very practical to me.

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

Excellent. Absolutely splendid. Would love to see if anyone else has what could be considered an atypical vessel.

I will likely consider changing vessels or perhaps designing and contracting the creation of a master vessel.

Especially love the advice to go with guardian for warhammer cane. Social enhancement for cufflinks. I feel that this would be best done after getting to know an entity. Sure, it'll cost a bit more, but you cant put a price on happiness, synergy or practicality, right?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Anything can serve as a vessel as it's just a focal point for you and the spirit/ entity to connect.

When you make a purchase from CH you cab choose that you have your own vessel abs they will create the binding with instructions on adding it to your selected vessel yourself. Same with the creation of master vessel gemstone. They send the gemstone with instructions and you activate the creation binding using the vessel you want.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I always ask conjurers to bind to one of my stuffed animals... I have so many. TOO many. I have ADHD so having too many small jewelry and stones will confuse me and throw me off. Since I'm a plush freak, I figured, why not LOL. I would say the majority of my spirits and beings reside through the plush I have.. there are times I choose my own jewelry just because I feel it's more suitable for the being, but I like being able to hold my vessels and giving "physical affection" in that way too. Works perfectly for me.

I'm all for "atypical vessels." I've been trying to find more unique different vessels other than jewelry or the like. I have Corvo's mask from the Dishonored video game collector's edition, and I had a hellborn demon that serves Beelzebub, bound to that mask. I ended up just setting that one up on top of my bookshelf. 8D

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I have a Spirit bound to my phone, as they enjoy electronics I figured it might be an interesting source of energy --- especially since I usually have it on me or am touching it somehow for most of the day. I also have a Master Vessel so if the phone ever breaks or becomes unusable I can transfer the binding over. I enjoy things that i know I'll be in contact with consistently which is why my Vessel choices are so few. I have theorized over binding Spirits to my many many piercings, as then they'd be bound to Jewelry that's in contact with my body 24/7 which seems very interesting. I've also theorized making my next master vessel my tongue piercing or something super close contact. So I guess my current most atypical Vessel is my phone, with the runner up being my Bunny Plushie (I have dream based spells attached to that), and a future atypical Vessel being my tongue piercing.

Side Note: super interesting thread idea, love the creative thinking concerning weaponry.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

Why thank you, though I must admit it wasnt mine. It's all over history and fiction.

My very first thought was to have my very own staff of magius. If anyone knows anything about the dragonlamce chronicles, they know what's up.

But warrior monks, clerics, bishops etc blessed their weapons. Asian culture was chock full of possessed blades or blades that housed demons or spirits.

And just so that the wrong idea isnt put out there. The only true weapon I have is the warhammer cane. Its primary purpose is deterrence/defense. All others are tools. I'm an avid hunter. It's how I often feed my family. And once my additions arrive from CH (yeah, bit that bullet) and are settled nicely, I will begin searching for a hunter for my crossbow.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

InfernalNachos wrote:I'm an avid hunter. It's how I often feed my family. And once my additions arrive from CH (yeah, bit that bullet) and are settled nicely, I will begin searching for a hunter for my crossbow.
That's pretty awesome, man. We all tend to bite that bullet eventually - why else would we be here right? A bit off topic, but might I suggest these spirits (from CH) to research for your next hunting partner? I feel they'd be pretty interesting choices all in all.

Bitsok Clan Vampire - Survivalists through and through, and were sought out by trackers and merchants alike for guidance for no charge, they have a median when it comes to predatory nature and are considered dark arts.

Hindflar Fae - Skilled hunters and pretty advanced tacticians to boot, they are dark arts

Adlet Spirit - Beastial spirits with high predatory drive, dark arts

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”