A few things about Ubi I never knew (and still don't)

Coervus
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I figure a year is enough cooling down time from that other thread, so here is an organized version of questions about Ubi for general consideration.

1) Is "Ubi" or the respective succubus and incubus moniker a descriptive title (like carnivore, predator, hemophage, or the adjective nocturnal)?

If so, what attribute does it describe? Are all sex spirits Ubi by definition? Is something Ubi by virtue of feeding on sexual energy?

If not, then:
2) is Ubi a name given to a specific "species" of entity? If so, does that species have intrinsic qualities such as feeding on sexual energy, and are those qualities universal among members of said species. Are succubi and incubi members of the same species, or are they distinct types of entity that do not differ only in gender, sex, or polarity, but also come from distinct lineages or sources?

I'm especially interested in collecting multiple potentially different answers from diverse sources, including your companion spirits, conjurers of diverse experience levels, and those who have learned from academic or secondhand research (provide your sources please!). It is not necessary to gainsay another person's claims when a general consensus will be readily visible if you provide your own observations.

Bartlebee
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 500
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

"Ubi" is an abbreviation for succubus and incubus.

To me it seems affected, so I generally write the race names all the way out.

Some people think Incubus and Succubus are the same thing. I definitely don't, and so I would be cautious about claims based on Succubus being directly applicable to Incubus.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

"Ubi" is not any "official" race name. It is an abbreviation used to colloquially group Succubae and Incubae together. Succubae and Incubae are two different species of sexual energy feeding demons. The races are distinct and can become any sex they desire as a situation calls for. I cannot speak to how either species procreates to further its numbers, nor how often that is needed. Depending on where in the spirit realm they originate these demons can live eons.

I do know that some succubus and incubus identify as a specific gender, for some of them gender is fluid, and for others they identify as multiple genders at the same time. As far as I know they do have a true form where this "gender" originates and it is likely mirrored in the individual's preference in interactions with humans and others via the forms they choose.

All of that said, my intuition based on both the spirits that CH conjure and the living demons that other practitioners conjure is that there are numerous subspecies of succubae. I also have an unbound immortal succubus companion whose origins suggest succubae can exist across the spiritual realm dimensions and are not necessary from one specific origin plane. Her true form is reflective of a demon of the chaos realms, and other succubus spirits in my keep prefer forms that are more reminiscent of Hellborn and Underworld demons. So it is my belief that many succubus subraces exist (and ipso facto incubus).

That said, those more capable with energy work might say that there is definitely a core sexual feeder energy to a succubus alongside the dark energy that makes them demons and so despite any other perceived differences like that suggested above, no matter what they are still a succubus and not related to any other demon races. I still feel there is a large variety of succubae, sort of like there's a large variety of specific genus on Earth (dogs, cats, deer, cattle, and so on).

There is also a very strong chance that lineages play a large part with some, as they do with other demon races as well (reference demon nobility, royalty, professions, etc.). To what extent, I cannot honestly say, but I'm certain some out there will find this definitely plays a part.

So you can take all of the above as Unverified Personal Gnosis.

Some of the information I know comes from inferences from my spirit companions, some from my unbound guide, and some specifically from the Encyclopedia over at Satan and Sons, a practitioner who works with demons of all kinds. I've found little other truly informative information out there, as most seems to be regurgitation of the mythological tropes associated with succubae, most of which was started by early Christian dogma and much of which is just media fantasy applied to succubae without basis in spiritual confirmation.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Spirit Research”