Norse Goddess Syn

Borg
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 40
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

There is relatively scant information on Syn, and I am hoping this thread will serve as avenue for sharing.

From what I have read, she is a doorkeeper and gatekeeper, and a Goddess of 'defensive refusal'.

I personally like to think of her as a "Goddess of putting your foot down", which just makes her super cool to me.

I believe she is a very relevant Goddess for today. She can benefit inherently nice people need to learn to say no. She can help us say 'no' to corruption and greed that is killing the planet and people.

Her energy to me feels very down to earth.

I am hoping that others will share their personal experience regarding Syn.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

An obscure but important presence. I have had contact at least once with her in my work, she seemed that she could split into an entire army (several ghostly reflections of her own self) but this was an act of illusionary magic which aids in her purpose in retaining a certain stance.

She, in my brief experience is also a goddess of internal wisdom and internalization of lessons that transform the individual, based on what her refusals/admittances tell about the individual and how they differ for all of us (while some are universally applied). She brings a lot of insight about distinction and discernment and I feel that she is a very strong guide when it comes to work with one's destiny, and the paths of destiny, holding an undercurrent that reminded me so much of what I have experienced in my interactions with the Norns. It is a very unique thing to her, a bit hard to place into words unless you've come into contact with that aura.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Vipera aspis atra wrote:An obscure but important presence. I have had contact at least once with her in my work, she seemed that she could split into an entire army (several ghostly reflections of her own self) but this was an act of illusionary magic which aids in her purpose in retaining a certain stance.

She, in my brief experience is also a goddess of internal wisdom and internalization of lessons that transform the individual, based on what her refusals/admittances tell about the individual and how they differ for all of us (while some are universally applied). She brings a lot of insight about distinction and discernment and I feel that she is a very strong guide when it comes to work with one's destiny, and the paths of destiny, holding an undercurrent that reminded me so much of what I have experienced in my interactions with the Norns. It is a very unique thing to her, a bit hard to place into words unless you've come into contact with that aura.
Any advice for connecting with her?

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Soltari wrote:
When I've connected with her it was a spontaneous event during general immortal work, but I think if you were to do something as simple as this ritual it would bring success in connecting with a deity like her:
Choose a doorway in your home, or an 'entrance' to a place that is important to you, and in full understanding of its significance you can sit upon the ground (the idea is to be close to the earth/base of the doorway), light a white or natural beeswax candle (it would be a symbol of purity to her) and focus on the intention of reaching her by calling one of her epithets while declaring your 'honor' to the doorway. Example: 'Syn, lady of truth. I honor the way that is sacred to me, and I call to you.'

Once you feel the presence, or you feel intuitively you have made enough of a calling, I'd express whatever else you may've wished to or make your purpose in acknowledging her further known. I have no doubt you should be able to gain her attention in doing so, but then all deities have their own manner and timing when it comes to a 'response'.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Borg
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 40
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I personally had a Triumvirate made with Syn. I am not very strong at connecting, but what I do is try to do is focus on her name and her person/energy.

Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Vipera aspis atra wrote:
Soltari wrote:
When I've connected with her it was a spontaneous event during general immortal work, but I think if you were to do something as simple as this ritual it would bring success in connecting with a deity like her:
Choose a doorway in your home, or an 'entrance' to a place that is important to you, and in full understanding of its significance you can sit upon the ground (the idea is to be close to the earth/base of the doorway), light a white or natural beeswax candle (it would be a symbol of purity to her) and focus on the intention of reaching her by calling one of her epithets while declaring your 'honor' to the doorway. Example: 'Syn, lady of truth. I honor the way that is sacred to me, and I call to you.'

Once you feel the presence, or you feel intuitively you have made enough of a calling, I'd express whatever else you may've wished to or make your purpose in acknowledging her further known. I have no doubt you should be able to gain her attention in doing so, but then all deities have their own manner and timing when it comes to a 'response'.
Thank you for the guidance Vipera.

I'll have to give that an attempt

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family

Return to “Immortals”