Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

featheredstar wrote:I wonder if your Unicorn is helping give you motivation and/or encouragement subconsciously to eat foods that would be beneficial to you?
Perhaps... She also mentioned several times, that I should drink less alcohol. (Or at least that's how I interpret the messages I got through Unicorn tarots) \:*
"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
Gothicpumpkinfairy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hm, that is interesting. I knew they could affect moods, and possibly emotions. And it is possible the unicorn is telling you to drink less alcohol. I rarely drink, but the main time of year I do is around Christmas to New year. Not often even when during those time. My thing is Eggnog, with bourbon. Or bourbon and coke. I try not to even put that much in the coke or eggnog. But I come from a family who love a good time.

Some drink often some do not. It just depends. Anyway, I was wondering if they do induce cravings, what kind of cravings do y'all have?
Allow your dreams to take flight, like a bat in the night...or allow your dreams to sprint in the wind like a cat after a play thing/food. :3....But do not allow them to die X..X

Spirits: E(Hellhound), P(4 Elements Dragon), S(Were-Snow Tiger)
Dragona
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: goddess

Some thoughts of mine and others I know on this sort of topic.

Spirits and entities do want us to be healthy but they aren't going to go to extremes to make massive changes. There may be encouragement or suggestions to try a food but yes, it is up to us to make a massive lifestyle change.

There is a spirit I have in my keep and for many days I would keep thinking about strawberries. Now, I do know that is one of her favorites. But, putting more thought in it, strawberries would be healthy for me to eat so, two birds with one stone. But, I never gave in, I don't like strawberries.

I'm both a Natural Health Consultant/Health Coach. So, I've learned a bunch on nutrition. Even if we choose to eat something really unhealthy (BTW love the chips) there may be something in that food (vitamin or mineral) that our body actually needs. Our bodies are smart and it knows what it needs to keep going. You might go for that ice cream but it may be calcium that your body needs.

While certain food combinations may seem weird, the spirits get the essence from food and drink and I have been told by others to not eat or drink what offerings/gifts you give to spirits one reason cause its rude and the other is because food and drink doesn't taste the same.
Gothicpumpkinfairy
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Hmm....Thank you Dragona. The Unbound Dragon in my keep right now is very insistent that I be healthy. But they seem to like it when I indulge just a little. I've gotten where I do not eat sweets/candy as often as I used too. I mainly eat dark chocolate when I do. Chips are mainly tortilla chips and some yummy salsa. But lately I've been really loving these pre-made salads in a bag. It's called Bacon Sunflower Crunch. I find them at Walmart in the produce section. I adore it! It is really good.

But I also find myself checking out other things there. I adore Green apples, and Red Grapes. In the Summer I love Watermelon. Always have with those three things. I adore the smell of strawberries, and strawberry flavored things. I just don't like to eat actual strawberries. Which is strange to be honest. Because if I am remembering right I used to love strawberries when I was a kid. Every now and then I will eat something new, even though I am very willing to try something new each time I am presented with it.

I just feel she/he is trying to make sure I live till I am in my 90s much like my mama's grandmother, my great grandmother. I miss them both dearly. But you see my mom's mom lived until she was 88...We lost her last month, this year. Anyway, I do not wish to dwell on sad things. Only happy memories! But yes, I was also asking this because my grandmother before she passed, would literally only want sweets.

Nothing but sweets. You'd offer her something else, she would say do we have any cookies or cokes or ice cream? We would have to encourage her to eat something other than that with the hope she would get what she wanted. Could Spirits maybe help with that? Encouraging her to eat other foods besides sweets that is. Because I know that the last taste buds to go is the sweet sensing ones...
Allow your dreams to take flight, like a bat in the night...or allow your dreams to sprint in the wind like a cat after a play thing/food. :3....But do not allow them to die X..X

Dragona
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: goddess

Sure, spirits can help a person have a healthier lifestyle but it also helps if a person is willing to try to put their foot forward. Spirits aren't expecting for everything to go smoothly and sometimes a person will fall off that wagon but spirits will expect that too and so they can also be there for guidance and support emotionally to help along the way.

This may be more of a personal spirit rather than a spirit that helps with magic. You can have a spirit that can do both but I like to have certain qualities so if I need help in every day life like with health, I'll want a spirit that is more personal than magickal.
Gothicpumpkinfairy
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Hm. I see. Thats really interesting. Maybe its family wanting me to be healthier. That would be nice.

TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune & Courtwind
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Morrwin
Zodiac:

From experience I know it can be possible. I wrote a post about this before but I don't mind telling the story again.
I've never been a fan of sea food, the only sea food I would eat is caned tuna and fried shrimp. Eating these was a rarity and I had to be in the mood to eat them. After getting my Masheba I've been wanting to eat a lot of shrimp and not just fried but also boiled and/or sauteed. So far my favorite dish is sauteed shrimp in Alfredo pasta with diced tomato's. Also I've been eating a lot of tomatoes recently when I didn't like them before. I'm not sure which spirit is making me crave tomatoes but it's not a bad thing to crave.

Now Regholdain has a point, it could also mean you have some deficiency that your body is naturally trying to compensation for. I know when I didn't have enough iron in my body I had a mighty need for bloody steak.
1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
Gothicpumpkinfairy
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Hm that is true. It might be a deficiency. Its just every now and then I get a craving for something new or something I ised to do for a short while. Like steak sauce with the potato chips....or....well...the orginal fritos with yellow mustard....But I also love seafood and veggies. But the thing is. I dont like tomatos or fried shrimp. Yet I love fried shrimp in a sandwich like poboys. And every now and then I will eat a cherry tomato. But these are not usual for me.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Gothicpumpkinfairy wrote:
featheredstar wrote:A lot of what we eat can determine how we feel spiritually, too. Which in turn could be helping with improvements to interacting/communicating with your spirits...
Really? I didn't know that. Hmmm. No wonder I have been trying different foods, even at least just once. My nephew and niece's mama is Vegan. Makes me wonder if maybe she has a herbivore spirit around her. Unbound that is. Though I don't know if Unbound Spirits can do that. Can they? I know y'all mentioned Bound Spirits can..but what about Unbound?

Dude... you totally know she cant eat meat because her body cant process the complex proteins... She just jumped on the meat is murder bandwagon post facto...

She does have a ton of unbounds around her though.
Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Gothicpumpkinfairy
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

InfernalNachos wrote:
Gothicpumpkinfairy wrote:
featheredstar wrote:A lot of what we eat can determine how we feel spiritually, too. Which in turn could be helping with improvements to interacting/communicating with your spirits...
Really? I didn't know that. Hmmm. No wonder I have been trying different foods, even at least just once. My nephew and niece's mama is Vegan. Makes me wonder if maybe she has a herbivore spirit around her. Unbound that is. Though I don't know if Unbound Spirits can do that. Can they? I know y'all mentioned Bound Spirits can..but what about Unbound?

Dude... you totally know she cant eat meat because her body cant process the complex proteins... She just jumped on the meat is murder bandwagon post facto...

She does have a ton of unbounds around her though.
Dear brother, I know she can't eat meat and why. What I meant was that maybe some of the unbounds around her may have...I don't know, how to explain it. Not effected her eating or thought train. But maybe just I'm not sure. I don't know how to word it exactly. Anyway, I didn't know if spirits whether bound our unbound could influence eating habits. Like just maybe made you crave something. Or maybe suggest things?

Return to “Spirit Keeping”