Does anyone have any experience with the hat man?

ShadowMutt
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Kirian
Zodiac:

Hello everyone,
To give you all a bit of backstory here, I have been spirit keeping for 7 years now. I have struggled with my third eye quite a bit lately (doesn't seem to want to stay open). About six months ago I got into a relationship and came to find out that my partner is a medium. I found this out because my partner had described one of my spirits perfectly to me and asked me about them prior to me explaining anything about spirit keeping to them. Now, my partner used to have a ring that had an extremely dark entity attached to it. They apparently got it from their mother (who is can be sensitive to energy but seemingly did not notice this one). She found it at a thrift shop. This ring had a shadow person attached to it that I saw with my physical eyes. All black with empty eye sockets for eyes. He did a good job at scaring me but after that I never felt in danger from him. I asked my partner why they had that ring and they told me that when they wore it, they wouldn't hear spirits so often. They used it when being a medium was overwhelming. My partner has since lost the ring and I have not felt nor seen that particular entity since. Which is concerning because part of that entity felt like it was protecting my partner.

Now, since that ring has gone missing, the hat man has appeared. My partner was talking to me one night and told me that they were uncomfortable with one of my spirits. I could feel an odd energy but could not quite connect to it or see it so I asked my partner to explain them to me. Their explanation was that this entity was very dark, and was wearing a hat. I was immediately confused as none of mine have EVER worn a hat so I asked them what type of hat it was. They said it was a fedora. At that point in time I knew something was wrong, the bedroom got freezing cold, and I physically saw another shadow person, wearing a hat that resembled a fedora. I've heard stories of the hatman but I had never encountered him until that night. I turned on the lamp on the bedside but I knew that he was still there. While we were laying in bed we noticed an odd reflection of a shadow on the brass part of the ceiling fan. What was odd about it was that it was moving, and it was at the corner of the bed we had seen the hatman standing at. I had my partner take a picture of it, and in the picture you can see the outline of a shadow man standing there, and directly across from him in a glare, you can see a man (as if its the shadow's reflection) with a borderline joker smile on his face. I have since taken multiple other pictures at the same time of night with the same light on to compare/debunk but the shadow man and his reflection do not show up in the other pictures.

Now, I work with both angels and demons and I called upon them as well as Cernunnos for help. We saged, did a cleansing ritual, pretty much everything except for the LBRP. And the hat man refused to leave. We went so far as to invoke Lucifer to ask for help (please dont judge, I lean hard towards the Left Hand Path). Nothing worked. He did not leave, and he has since come back. He has not done anything but stare thus far, but I am wondering if anyone has dealt with him before and has any advice on what to do to get rid of him. He feels like nothing BUT black arts. His energy feels like it is a black hole draining everything around him. And while I don't necessarily feel threatened by him, I would like to be able to sleep prior to 3 am.

A couple more things I wanted to add, at one point during the first time he showed up, a reaper showed up as well. I was also able to physically see the reaper. The reaper made me feel safe, as if he was there to ensure that we didn't get taken before it was our time to go. Also, my partners mother is a hoarder, and struggles with depression, and her house is very haunted. The first time I was there, I felt someone holding my hand (it pretends to be a child, but its not). I've heard babies crying (no babies in the house) and we have heard one of the girls who lives there laughing when she wasn't home. My partner's sister and her boyfriend have had knocking coming in threes since the hatman, and my partners mother's room always has random cold spots that only she seems to not notice. The lights do very strange things as well and they have had multiple electricians check them out and none of them could find anything wrong with the lights.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of this guy? He feels rather parasitic and according to my partner, he is there for me. I do not want to work with this entity but demanding he leave has not done anything. I don't want to leave an offering (even a peace offering) as I don't want to make him feel welcome in the home. I am not used to spirits/entities manifesting as strongly as this guy does but it seems like there is something about the house that draws energy in. The only background I know of the house is that someone has died inside of it, and that it is allegedly built on/around native american burial ground (although I do not know how true that part is).

I want to try the LBRP but I am worried that it may not work since nothing else has so far. Are there any rituals I can try that are stronger than that? Thank you all for taking the time to read all of this (I don't usually type paragraphs so I apologize) and I wish the brightest blessings for all of you.

If this is posted in the wrong place please forgive me and feel free to move my post.

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Moved to appropriate section.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

This kind of reminds me of my own past experiences with a malevolent shadow demon and incubus (they would be able to move/throw objects, manipulate the lights, appear as very tall shadows to my ex, and go through the walls.. and they normally would not appear because this black shapeshifting thing that fed on negative energy that used to dwell in the apartment I used to live at would be able to keep them away for some reason)
I wasn't able to even get rid of these things at all on my own though, had to literally have them exorcised by bloodline witch practitioners I personally knew, who bound the beings into objects. I don't know what kind of rituals they did but it was very complex.
I do think I can maybe help somewhat with what you can possibly do or think of.

If it feels like something that is "black arts" (I too would agree and can see where you are coming from especially I know what it ls like being with someone who is very spirit sensitive in the past) I feel like banishing and cleansing techniques will not work. I just feel banishing never works for these things. I also think it is obviously gravitating toward you and the ring being lost is contributing to being able to access you guys more often. This is just my advice but I think it is better you do not engage with the being or even make any type of welcoming/offering, so essentially I am agreeing with how you are wanting to treat the situation. I think it's good you are exercising caution, because I would too.
I am wondering, but do you think the being/spirit is attached to the location you're living at or would it be something that could possibly follow you (not that you are moving, but if you were to move, I feel it would be concerning if it can follow you).
I feel like you'd have to do something extremely strong to keep it away. I'm thinking even if it's not permanent you can do something that will keep it at bay by a ritual or another spirit or being that is 'too much' for its presence.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Lacuna
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Wood Elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Adam Sandler
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lacuna
Zodiac:

I had a run in with a Grim Reaper when I was a child, I'm glad you felt safe with one around. I remember crying until I passed out.

If purifying your space, a cleansing ritual, invoking your spirits and Lucifer didn't work... Yeah, you can try to banish him, but go with your gut. Mine is saying that's what he wants you to do.

Directly ask him politely to leave and wait until he does. That's what I'm being told.

Jump through the mirror, leave fear behind.

Return to “General Questions”