Spirit Family Leader Question

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

I'll try my best to offer you some insight!

1. How big should a spirit family be before you decide to have a Spirit Family Leader?
There should be at least a few spirits in your keep. It might be awkward if there was only one. No point in a leader then, right? x*D But in all seriousness, I think that's up to the keeper's discretion. I personally would recommend it once the numbers enter the double digits.

2. Can you pick a spirit already in your keep to be the family leader?
Yes, you can! My Gregori Watcher is my second-in-command, in part due to our relationship and in part because he inherently takes charge of the situation and mediates.

3. If yes to question 2 than how do I assign leadership to the spirit I wish to be family leader?
It doesn't have to be a big, intricate ceremony. You can simply gather everyone together and say, "Alright guys, so 'X' is the leader now. Follow what 'X' says when I'm not available or you'll get a paddlin'."

4. Can a WA spirit be the leader of both WA & DA spirits or vise versa?
It's possible. It's also been touched on by others how there may be complications so with that said, I would advise you go with your better judgement.

Hope you found this useful! 8>

TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune & Courtwind
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Morrwin
Zodiac:

Update! I have now assigned a Task Master/Family Leader to the keep. It's B-Elf, he was very excited when I asked him whether he wanted the job or not. He was almost yelling "YES". Everyone in the keep is in agreement that he'd be perfect for the job even Nix. Actually I was going to ask everyone individually what they think about B-Elf being leader and when I got to Nix, who was the second spirit in my long list of nine, he just said, "Everyone agrees." At first I wasn't sure if he meant that he'd agree if everyone else agreed or if he meant that everyone already agrees to B-Elf being leader. So I asked him to clarify and he just repeated "Everyone agrees." So in the end I told him to swing up and down for A and side to side for B. That's how I ended up not having to ask everyone in the keep one at a time because I got the feeling that they've been discussing this long after I said I wanted a leader in the keep. I feel like they just were waiting for me to make it official. I mean, Lady Fox did tell me that there was someone already in the keep who would be perfect for the job. I kinda knew who she was talking about but never made to time to ask him and make it official. When asking Lady fox and Nix I had the feeling that they were probably rolling their eyes at me and saying, "FINALLY!" LOL
Like it took me long enough to figure out the B-Elf is right for the job.
I'm glad that everyone is happy with this decision. <*

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
jinglestar
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret

For me, don't have leadership in my spirit family, since we tend to stay equal and free. But if leadership could let your team work better, you can consider to have one. Maybe we are not the one to consider who should be the leader, but let spirits themselves to consider, since they are far more experienced than us, maybe some of them agree to have leadership but some won't, it depends on how each of them think.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

TrueGalacticPrince wrote:Update! I have now assigned a Task Master/Family Leader to the keep. It's B-Elf, he was very excited when I asked him whether he wanted the job or not. He was almost yelling "YES". Everyone in the keep is in agreement that he'd be perfect for the job even Nix. Actually I was going to ask everyone individually what they think about B-Elf being leader and when I got to Nix, who was the second spirit in my long list of nine, he just said, "Everyone agrees." At first I wasn't sure if he meant that he'd agree if everyone else agreed or if he meant that everyone already agrees to B-Elf being leader. So I asked him to clarify and he just repeated "Everyone agrees." So in the end I told him to swing up and down for A and side to side for B. That's how I ended up not having to ask everyone in the keep one at a time because I got the feeling that they've been discussing this long after I said I wanted a leader in the keep. I feel like they just were waiting for me to make it official. I mean, Lady Fox did tell me that there was someone already in the keep who would be perfect for the job. I kinda knew who she was talking about but never made to time to ask him and make it official. When asking Lady fox and Nix I had the feeling that they were probably rolling their eyes at me and saying, "FINALLY!" LOL
Like it took me long enough to figure out the B-Elf is right for the job.
I'm glad that everyone is happy with this decision. <*
That sounds great :)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Darkstone5673
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Are old posts allowed to be commented on? I'm new to the forums and I know many frown on that, preferring new posts be created instead.

I haven't been paired with any of my spirits, yet, but I'm thinking a GA spirit would be the best option for a house leader, if you have both DA and WA spirits. Then, you can have a DA and WA taskmaster for each of those types of spirits, who work together with the GA leader. That's what I plan to do if I get more than the 5 I'm currently waiting for.

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Darkstone5673 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:06 am Are old posts allowed to be commented on? I'm new to the forums and I know many frown on that, preferring new posts be created instead.

I haven't been paired with any of my spirits, yet, but I'm thinking a GA spirit would be the best option for a house leader, if you have both DA and WA spirits. Then, you can have a DA and WA taskmaster for each of those types of spirits, who work together with the GA leader. That's what I plan to do if I get more than the 5 I'm currently waiting for.
Yes, provided the comment is on topic and does not derail the topic.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”