Having major issues starting out

SK1
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male

Hello, I am new to spirit keeping so please bare with me. I have 4 CH bound spirits, 2 dragons from a magnet match, a custom Baginis, and a custom Kitsune. I have been trying to interact with them for several weeks with no luck. I have also tried using the mirror spell to verify that the spirit is in the object multiple times without any signs. I have read most, if not all, entries in the encyclopedia on this matter, as well as tips from the store, so I am looking for something a bit more specific (I have also emailed someone from the store, but they sent the information that I already read, which was helpful but I think I need something more specific). I'm trying to be patient and keep with it but it is difficult being unable to communicate. Can anyone help me or does anyone have similar issues? I am worried that I won't be able to get the hang of this. Additionally, I have ADHD, can that affect the ability to hear spirits communicating, since some of my thought process kind of already sounds like it's a conversation? (It's been like that as long as I can remember).
Lastly, I do get headaches when trying to communicate with them, and pressure in the middle of my forehead, but really nothing beyond that.
Thank you.

Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Starting out is the hardest part SK.
My own abilities certainly need work (actualy recently ordered something from CH in an attempt to aid that) but I will say even the experiencers you are having are positive signs. The headaches being an indicator of your energy and the spirits energy balancing out. The pressure in the middle of your forehead sounds like they may be working on your third eye - I would take that as a very positive sign.
I know it can be frustrating when you truly seek clear communication, but all I can really advise is persistence. Everyone advances in their own time, it's different for everyone.
And believe me I get "thought processes already sound like communication". The biggest hint I can give there is you'll notice the "tone" is different. Perhaps they'll use different vernacular, speak in a different rhythm or any such indications that are different from your usual internal monologue. It takes time to figure it out, but I have no doubt you'll get there

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Soltari hit a lot of good points.

I would also like to add to the persistence with patient. Don't get so frustrated with things not happening right away; I didn't have things happen until a few months after I got my first few spirits. They're there with you, they hear you, they see you, they're working just as hard as you're working to help you start out on your journey. For me, my dragons have been the hardest to connect with energetically, but I know they're there as they've given me the best advice I have ever received to relax me in this journey. You will get there.

Try to sit in a room or on your bed or somewhere, take a deep breath, and ask them one at a time to come to you. Try and focus on them; visualize them in your head with whatever you want to associate with them (i.e. a color, sound, some sense,), and continue to do that to see if that can help you identify them.

For me, I identify them energetically by now. I think of their name, and it's like this gut feeling i have.. if it feels like I am being pulled or pressured, they're not here. If I think their name, and it feels like ease and not this pulling feeling, I know they're around me. This only happened through practice, patience, and I believe using my pendulum to talk to them.

You'll find your way. Some people don't experience their companions really until 8+ years, but that's never talked about. Don't feel like you're not getting anywhere just because you see everyone on here talk about their experiences. It's like the effect of social media, where you're constantly bombarded with things people do, but assuredly they most likely only share highlights from things being worked on for weeks or months or further. It's the same here. My experiences are a collection of doing this for going onto 2 1/2 years now. And I'm still not fully /there/.

I ended up rambling a bit.. but overall, you're doing great. Continue to do what you're doing, and try practicing different things! Don't give up after a week or two of practicing a technique, either. Practice, patience, persistence, and dropping your expectations will be the best advice given. :)
Good Luck!

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

On top of what others have said...

The advice I have taken to heart, which I'd like to pass on, is to not let anxiety or doubt take over as this can block our connection with our spirits.

I apologise in advance if you've already done what I'm about to say...but when a new bound spirit arrives, the basic thing we need to do is simply sit quietly with the vessel and 'meditate', eg ask yourself what the spirit looks or feels like, if you could see them; ask yourself what the vessel feels like. For probably 10 minutes or so or longer.

Then pay attention to any thoughts or feelings that may arise, even very subtle ones.

You may notice that certain thought patterns arise with certain spirits. It has been recommended to keep a written note of what we notice during these bonding sessions.

If someone already has well developed psychic senses they may get more feedback during these sessions than someone who hasn't. But even if we are not a full-blown psychic we can still be spirit keepers.

Perhaps we need to remember to give ourselves credit for what we do do as spirit keepers, and not worry about our imperfections.

It may help to re-read these articles...

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en
especially #4, #5, #8, & #9

and

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... nners.html
especially
---How do I communicate with my spirit?
---Do I need psychic abilities in order to interact with my spirit?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Each of the others above have posted great advice and I agree with them that the headaches and sensations near your third eye can be a combination of both you acclimating to all of their energy and also your third eye beginning to open.

Note that if you did not work with spirits before this and have never had experience with sensing spirits, it does take time and persistence to develop the skill. Try not to let doubt creep in and just keep consistently including your spirits in your daily life as you would any other friend / companion - keep talking to them and including them in activities. The exercise Lewk and featheredstar mention just sitting and meditating with them and spending time trying to understand their energy is wonderful advice. I still do this after a year to help me through rough spots.

In short, practice and persistence and patience - the three P's - are key in any spirit or energy work. Also, sometimes spirits don't interact right away. It can be a month or two while they get to know you before they really step up in an obvious way sometimes. I still have several in my keep that maintain a distance or are just not in a hurry to communicate with me.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
philip
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wood Elf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

For me i go on walks each day and talk to them as i walk as it is an activity i enjoy and gives me tile to think and try and communicate to each of my spirits even just a hello and hope you are well. Not sure if this helps but i hope it does.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Everyone has provided amazing support and feedback for you, and everyone here was new to this at first, and it is certainly the most difficult stage of being a Spirit Keeper. It's important that you be open, communicative, and engaging with your spirits, because they know you're trying and they know you are doing your best <3

Even if you feel like there isn't anything there, you will certainly have their support and help in your life; whether you're aware of it or not.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
SK1
new here
new here

Thank you all for such amazing advice and support! I will endeavour to do my best and keep with it. I believe I want to try to identify them via energy as I believe this might be a little easier than my previous attempts. Again, thank you all!

MrZetterlund
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: The Alchemist

Use a pendulum. It worked wonders for me. Almost anyone can use a pendulum. Even people who aren't particularly sensitive to spiritual phenomena like myself when I first began.

Aryan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: Bilzerian
Zodiac:

SK i started spirit keeping last year, the first month i felt nothing but then slowly and gradually ..without doubting the presence of my spirits i began meditation..i sat calmly everyday for about half an hour and felt sensations all around my body and then slowly things became good as i sae manifestations. After 4 months due to some reasons i couldnt focus much on meditation and somehow lost touch with my spirits, not completely but partially like i knew i sensed them almost everyday and greeted them in morning but that was it...but now i have logged in again on this forum and i have started meditating again without doubting and i can easily sense my spirits..you could sit calmly close your eyes and just ask your spirits to make you feel their presence and im sure you will feel something and if not ..dont give up.
my advice to you is that just believe in them and im sure ull get positve results soon..and about the forehead pressure you mentioned ..that happens to me too and its a positive sign so GOOD LUCK :)

REPLACE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN
WITH CURIOSITY..
1 wraith
1 sterling angel
1 sanguine vampire
1 familliar

Return to “Spirit Keeping”