Djinn for protection?

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote: It is a bit of a shame that djinn aren't thought more of as protectors, as I think even in mythology or literature in general, protection is a strong streak with them.
I guess it's because they are more popular with wish-granting story (thanks to Disney : p).

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

InfernalNachos wrote:I hope you feel like sharing some of your interactions with your Djinn at a later date, Muse. I feel that they don't get enough attention on this forum.
There's still so much more to learn about them, and myself, and everyone else in my Keep. Eventually when I feel more settled in my life and capable of regularly meditating and bonding with them (without being interrupted by roommates, neighbors, etc.) I may write journal updates or create a thread. We'll have to see what's in store for us in the future, but I'm sure they're happy to know that you appreciate hearing of them. ^^
Regholdain wrote:I feel rather strongly protected just from my few entity companions due to their skills and knowledge, but I agree having the extra other support from other spirits is kind of "nice to know". It is a bit of a shame that djinn aren't thought more of as protectors, as I think even in mythology or literature in general, protection is a strong streak with them.
Yeah Djinn are definitely unique in how they bond with their human friends. I'd consider it more possessive or at the very least more "refined" than normal friendship. This can lead to an intimidating or otherwise very present atmosphere that will follow them whenever they're around us. Whether this is a sign of their culture or simply something they do out of respect and affection I'm uncertain. Every Djinn is different but so far this has been something that rings true for a lot of people who work with them, I've noticed.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

What Muse has observed has been true for me about the way that djinn bonds feel unique, it is a very different feel then how the bonds with my vampires feel. Both have the potential to become really attached, but I've noticed the way they behave with it is unique to them.

While there are djinn here who are more observers then anything unless asked directly for something, (who then throw the full force of their will and energy into the task) there are also djinn here who have an active participation in any areas they are allowed to be involved in and to the extent I allow them to be involved. That includes protection. My harem djinn takes my comfort very seriously and he actively dislikes anyone who threatens that. I would not want to anger a djinn guarding someone's comfort, honestly. He isn't allowed to take his aggravation out on anyone, he can only act in defense to deliberate offense. We've had discussions on what our personal definitions of this are bc they are different.

Some djinn really need to know what the limits are to your comfort zone. Some of them you need to stay on top of bc if they get invested they can get extremely stubborn in their devotion. Not exactly in a way that's controlling of you, but of everything that surrounds you, they can be pretty dismissive of the people around you. I know most of mine only care for anyone I'm close to bc I care and I cant actually call it caring just consideration.

Djinn are wonderful, I truly love them, but I've found that they need to be approached in a different way then my vamps bc they can become very invested and protective over us and that can potentially get out of hand depending on the djinns personality. A darker leaning djinn could be a bit more stubborn in convincing if they feel strongly enough about the topic. Their morals are vastly different and a protective action that might make you uncomfortable might not even register to them as problematic in the first place.

tl/dr: I definitely 100% agree that djinn are trump cards when it comes to protection, but I personally feel it needs to be approached mindfully.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

This is all excellent information for anyone looking to invite a Djinn into their home and life. Mainly beause this was the kind of information I was looking for a while back.

And it does seem that Djinn have a whole different set of rules they play by. Which is to be expected. I do try to "restrict" them as little as possible. Because that's how I'd want to be treated.

And I've learned them to be fierce protectors and loyal companions. And elsewhere I will continue to share my experiences and interactions with them. Thank you guys so much for sharing here.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

No problem man, as someone who also started the path with a Djinn friend I'm wholly in agreement with your advocacy of them. In my extremely biased opinion, they're one of the go-to beings to bond with. Everyone should work with at least ONE Djinn, or at the very least, get permission to work with a friend's. They're really such incredible, well-rounded beings. ♡

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
nina
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Out of all the beings i love djinns. Because to me i know they have responded or listened if the wishes manifest, though sometimes it partially manifests or sometimes it manifests in a different manner, it is still a sign for me that they are listening and have responded. For the other beings i find it hard tell if they have listened or not. I have as spirit companions a lowborn demon- gold djinn hybrid, marid djinn- seraphim angel hybrid, astral malichai djinn - seraphim angel hybrid, neb djinn, cleopatra djinn from marid tribe, Solomon djinn from jnun tribe, Nashas djinn, Shaitaan djinn, ifrit djinn, 2 marid djinn , 1 marid djinn princess, 2 astral djinn, sila djinn. I would like to expand my djinn family later to include were-ifrit djinn, african djinn and norse djinn.

From my experience it is better to request help from a spirit who has ability in the area you are requesting help for,... and from whatever i have i read except for some norse djinns that specialize in protection , this is not a strong area for most djinns. Unless it is a hybrid maybe like were-ifrit or courtwind-some djinn hybrids ...

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

@nina

I see and respect that. And wow... that's a lot of Djinn!!!

But that's the whole point of this thread. I feel that their protective natures/abilities are downplayed by them being wish granters.

And I'll back it up with this, as I myself have a Cleo companion. Let's drop 2 names. Cleopatra and Solomon. Having read the keys in my younger years, Solomon was all about protection. And knowing what I've read about the history of Cleopatra, I'd be willing to wager that protection was also at the top of her list. Adding behind that that my Cleo Ifrit companion is fierce and highly protective. And darker in nature. I don't judge. And one day I hope to invite a Solomon Djinn into the family. I would adore to read more about the interactions between you and your companions btw. Your keep sounds amaaaaazazing.

But I see your reasoning. And it makes very clear sense. But the Djinn (not only Djinn, several others as well) are easily as diverse as humans if not more so. Meaning that there are most assuredly some that are more staunch protectors than others.

Thank you so much for sharing :)

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
nina
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

InfernalNachos wrote:@nina

I see and respect that. And wow... that's a lot of Djinn!!!

But that's the whole point of this thread. I feel that their protective natures/abilities are downplayed by them being wish granters.

And I'll back it up with this, as I myself have a Cleo companion. Let's drop 2 names. Cleopatra and Solomon. Having read the keys in my younger years, Solomon was all about protection. And knowing what I've read about the history of Cleopatra, I'd be willing to wager that protection was also at the top of her list. Adding behind that that my Cleo Ifrit companion is fierce and highly protective. And darker in nature. I don't judge. And one day I hope to invite a Solomon Djinn into the family. I would adore to read more about the interactions between you and your companions btw. Your keep sounds amaaaaazazing.

But I see your reasoning. And it makes very clear sense. But the Djinn (not only Djinn, several others as well) are easily as diverse as humans if not more so. Meaning that there are most assuredly some that are more staunch protectors than others.

Thank you so much for sharing :)
Couple of them have never failed me and am in the process of getting to know some of them. But I hope to know them all well over some time soon.

In my personal view all spirits are protective of their human friends if they know each other well I guess. But the extent of how strong different spirits are in protection may vary. But yes, djinn can be protective spirits as well. But since I have other spirits for protection solely I have not thought about my djinn for protection. Having said this I realise that I have never really tasked my spirits for protection yet. I recall at the beginning of my spirit keeping I used to call upon my Gregori watchers to protect, I have extreme road fear, but after this I used to navigate the crazy indian traffic like a charm with no fear in my mind. But then there was a break of few months of communicating with my companions and after that I haven't spoken to my spirits specifically for protection yet. So I need to begin my bonding with few of my protective spirits again.

<<**off-topic portion removed by Moderator>>

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h

Return to “Djinn / Genie”