・゚✧*:・゚✧ When did you first feel the doors of spirit interaction open for you significantly?

chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

There are people who were born with extra psychic sensitivity, or those who were born with a normal amount of ability that managed to never dissipate as they've grown.
For those who have lived these kinds of lives; were your abilities ever under question/seen as imagination or simply not introduced to you- ONLY up until a certain point? If so, what was that turning point?

I have the same sort of question for the rest of us who, at some point in our lives, have received a calling to resuscitate these abilities we are all naturally born with. With this, you have to first have to believe, research & learn different methods of strengthening your abilities, and then put both belief and those methods into practice.
What was the breakthrough moment for you in communicating or seeing spirits?

I started keeping in 2019. I have gone through the many sweet & short triumphs, as well as the more constant disappointment of no activity, despite my efforts and patience. I would just like to hear some stories on your guys' journeys and the struggles of honing your craft leading up to relieving sort of breakthrough experiences.

Much love

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Lacuna
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Wood Elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Adam Sandler
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lacuna
Zodiac:

chemtrailchild wrote:For those who have lived these kinds of lives; were your abilities ever under question/seen as imagination or simply not introduced to you- ONLY up until a certain point? If so, what was that turning point?
I was introduced to the spirit world from a very early age, but what I was seeing was only clarified when I approached my mom (who I had told of all my experiences up to that point) that I was hearing and seeing things and that I thought there was something wrong with me. This culminated in a traumatic spiritual encounter that shut me off from my gifts. That was the turning point for me, because I was completely aware how real it was, but I was now completely disconnected from it.
chemtrailchild wrote:What was the breakthrough moment for you in communicating or seeing spirits?
I worked with angel cards for quite a time after that. We lived in a house that had a lot going on. Breakthroughs with spiritual communication was back in high school, where my mother and I spoke to a spirit who was turning off our alarms. He left a very clear smudge of a '7' on our mirror, which was when our alarms were meant to ring.

For spirits in my keep, I started in December 2016. I used to live on a farm near a pine forest. I'd walk out there and explore, and I'd be overcome with a great sense of peace and connection to the earth. Sometimes, I would spot a figure in my periphery that was likely my wood elf companion. I'd meditate and receive vivid visions.

Over the three years since then, progress is slow, but it is progress. Every breakthrough that occurs is fantastic and solidifies both an understanding and belief that this is the right path for me. The quiet times are a little tough, but I hold no expectations of my keep. I know they're there, they know I appreciate them being here. We'll talk when the time is right.

Jump through the mirror, leave fear behind.
Nifeeist
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I'm still waiting for that day :(
Hopefully I'll start my spirit keeping journey very soon. I'm looking forward it!

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Finally remembered that I bookmarked this so that I could reply to it lol. I got a lil busy yesterday.

But to the point, I was one that was born with it and it is whispered amongst the family that it's in our bloodlines (which are various).

I had a lot of ups and downs in early years. I don't think I ever really questioned the reality of it all. I did eventually learn that it was something that you didn't talk about.

I went on and with the assistance of martial arts learned about chi and how to focus and use it as a tool in conflicts. At the time, my dominant chakra was the 3rd eye and that's the one that I was taught to use and develop. The rest of the chakra were thrown to the wayside as a result of poor training, something being lost in translation, or the person teaching me thought he was just making this stuff up... which, in retrospect, may have been the cause of my downfall.

I continued dabbling and was probably somewheres around 16 and I actually began to have conversations with entities outside of this realm. Several of them. They were mentors, guides, teachers and protectors. And friends. I had developed my own way of doing things. And I was effective. Which makes no sense when realizing how ridiculously unbalanced I was...

Downfall. Closed off. Shut it all out. This was shortly after the 9/11 disaster and I was just in a really bad place. I was in my early 20s. Life got a lot better after closing everything out. I had personal demons I had to deal with before being able to get back to my practices.

Over the past few years, I've been starting to work to get back to where I was. I'm 38 now and in a much better place in my life. I get heavy interactions from my keep, but still no straight up conversations. Vague outlines of them when meditating and I can "hear" distorted voices via telepathy. It's been a long road. But I'm getting there. And I will be a better practitioner for it.

I should add, that during my closed off period, there was a time when I had begun to doubt my previous experiences as overactive imagination. Ignorance is bliss, right? So I was one of the fortunate few that got to experience both of those times lol.

Sorry for getting so long-winded

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

For me, it was in 2015 when I read The Path of a Christian Witch by Adelina St. Clair. It very much opened my mind to the diversity of practices that was possible.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

I always had this my spiritual gifts ever since i was young; Telepathy mostly, i thought it was normal to hear sentences in my head and hear when i was asleep/or awoke physical voices.

Truthfully i never had any interests into the paranormal and the spiritual in the first place (except going to church sometimes) but in 2012 there was an incubus who influenced me to look up about sexual ghost stories and then i found CH and i dwell into it until i was strongly attacked for many years.

And recently i broke through this negative entity and a fog just disappeared from my eyes and mind , like i was stuffed. And so now my gifts reappeared with much much more intensity than ever.

I ask myself questions about the future and my spiritual path , i wish i could just stay onto it but with what happened i just don't know but it is a very positive aspect that i discovered a new truth.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

There's no major moment, I'm constantly improving and evolving, and Spirit Keeping shifted that into overdrive. I started pretty much from scratch a year ago (I'm 41), although I had tinkered with spirit interaction for years before.

I was summoning "lover spirits" with absolutely zero ritual, only intent, and no clue if it was working. Basically it was meditation, putting the intent out there and setting what happened.

I asked CH for a custom conjure July 2018 because I wasn't sure my experiences with communication and physical sensations with the "spirit lovers" were real or simply delusion from subconscious desire.

When the succubus spirit from CH arrived, she presented a visual manifestation of a swirl of hot pink and orange sparks in front of me at work when I got up and turned around to leave my cubicle to get a chip off coffee. It's one of the ONLY visual manifestations I've seen from my spirits, but it was enough to prove without a doubt that my interactions were real.

I basically began to realize that I have dormant abilities that need developing.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

In terms of as a spirit keeper, I seem to keep noticing more doors opening, or the same door becoming more open. In terms of spirit contact, I was on a highly spiritual path for years - with no spirits contact - before I was taken by surprise by a spirit coming to visit me (decades ago).

I learned to contact different types of spirits over the next decades, starting with lifetime spirit guides. Now that I'm into spirit keeping, it feels like I've encountered the whole range of them and have come full circle and am able to put that first unexpected contact into clear context.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
znlz
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

My family has always believed in spirits and such. Spirits of family members were around more noticeably when my sister and I were younger.

The day I was thrown into the paranormal was about two to three years ago during a summer vacation to San Antonio, Texas. We thought it would be a fun idea to go on a ghost tour around the city and see some of the haunted places. The tour was pretty fun and they also gave us EMF readers to see if there was any activity in the area.

On one of the stops, the guide was talking about this one area (I can't remember where) and about how this spirit of a soldier, I believe, was seen often. As she was talking about it I pretty much zoned out, it almost felt like I was in a 3rd person pov, then my vision went all bright and weird (kind of like how if you get up too fast) I remember my hearing getting a lot quieter and I felt a pressure in my head. I felt dizzy and tired during this whole ordeal and it finally stopped when we left that spot.
After we got back to our hotel my sister later told me that my EMF reader was going off and she kept trying to get the guides attention but she wasn't paying attention.

I think before bed I even prayed to have my new found abilities shut off, and in response I got woken up at 3 am. Hahaha.

I like to think this was all part of the plan, years before the trip to San Antonio I remember seeing listings for spirits on eBay and I caught myself thinking "is this part of a game? Are these beings actually real?" I remember looking at those listings for a few days before forgetting about them.

That trip certainly did wake something up inside me, I'm very glad I went on that tour now that I think about it. A year after is when I actually found out about spirit companionship and this forum and now I have a lot of amazing friends that I could not have lived without. They've been with me through tough times and I'm extremely grateful for them.

So many cool Companions !

"You don't look out there for God, something in the sky, you look in you."
- Alan Watts
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

Lacuna wrote:
chemtrailchild wrote:For those who have lived these kinds of lives; were your abilities ever under question/seen as imagination or simply not introduced to you- ONLY up until a certain point? If so, what was that turning point?
I was introduced to the spirit world from a very early age, but what I was seeing was only clarified when I approached my mom (who I had told of all my experiences up to that point) that I was hearing and seeing things and that I thought there was something wrong with me. This culminated in a traumatic spiritual encounter that shut me off from my gifts. That was the turning point for me, because I was completely aware how real it was, but I was now completely disconnected from it.
chemtrailchild wrote:What was the breakthrough moment for you in communicating or seeing spirits?
I worked with angel cards for quite a time after that. We lived in a house that had a lot going on. Breakthroughs with spiritual communication was back in high school, where my mother and I spoke to a spirit who was turning off our alarms. He left a very clear smudge of a '7' on our mirror, which was when our alarms were meant to ring.

Fo pn r spirits in my keep, I started in December 2016. I used to live on a farm near a pine forest. I'd walk out there and explore, and I'd be overcome with a great sense of peace and connection to the earth. Sometimes, I would spot a figure in my periphery that was likely my wood elf companion. I'd meditate and receive vivid visions.

Over the three years since then, progress is slow, but it is progress. Every breakthrough that occurs is fantastic and solidifies both an understanding and belief that this is the right path for me. The quiet times are a little tough, but I hold no expectations of my keep. I know they're there, they know I appreciate them being here. We'll talk when the time is right.
Thankyou so much for sharing some of your journey with me! Those are some interesting events! I've never read a real story of a spirit making a smudge on a mirror, that's just incredible. I hope things are going well for you at this time Lacuna. Your message is very raw and encouraging, I really appreciate it.<3

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”