What would be a good beginner DA Spirit?

TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune & Courtwind
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Morrwin
Zodiac:

I only have WA spirits but I do want to expand my family in to the DA/GA spirits, so what would be a good DA spirit that's for beginners?

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

What would be of interest to you? Does any DA spirit or entity stand out to you? Are you curious about a certain type of spirit?

I'd start there, as your interest in that spirit may be a calling, as well as would provide you a greater experience getting to know and learning with that companion. To me, "beginner friendly" is a relative term - we're all different, and we've all began in different ways or were ready for different steps not all at the same time in our journey's. So it's hard to pinpoint exactly what would be a "beginner friendly" DA spirit, if that makes sense.

But, to give a few spirits off the top of my head - Gargoyles, as they're highly protective (plus, people have recommended them more than enough, however I don't have personal experience with them); Vampires, very loyal, can be protective, and absolutely amazing; Werewolves, just. beautiful beings. I love mine so much. Depending on what you are looking for, I'd recommend fae too.

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

I have mainly WA/light natured spirits, with a number of grey/neutral and a few slightly darker.

I can't recommend Gargoyles highly enough. CH told me they are only slightly dark (ie just 'grey'), which means they should be fine for anyone, including a beginner.

Advice from Ash I've read is that we shouldn't keep spirits that are darker than us. So with a slightly dark spirit that shouldn't be an issue.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Wraith, maybe : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
nina
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

TrueGalacticPrince wrote:I only have WA spirits but I do want to expand my family in to the DA/GA spirits, so what would be a good DA spirit that's for beginners?
I started out my spirit keeping with a Gregori watcher spirit.

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Sterling Angel, they're a bit like hanging out with someone a bit adventurous and ready for fun.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
LittleGreenIcon
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

This type of thread comes up often, I don't have the links but maybe DW can weigh in with some of the past ones.
Having said that I will always recommend a gargoyle to those who are looking at the lighter edge of DA.

nina
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Lewk wrote: Advice from Ash I've read is that we shouldn't keep spirits that are darker than us. So with a slightly dark spirit that shouldn't be an issue.
That is interesting. How do we know if they are darker than us or not? Just going with what resonates is a broad term for me.

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune & Courtwind
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Morrwin
Zodiac:

featheredstar wrote:What would be of interest to you? Does any DA spirit or entity stand out to you? Are you curious about a certain type of spirit?

I'd start there, as your interest in that spirit may be a calling, as well as would provide you a greater experience getting to know and learning with that companion. To me, "beginner friendly" is a relative term - we're all different, and we've all began in different ways or were ready for different steps not all at the same time in our journey's. So it's hard to pinpoint exactly what would be a "beginner friendly" DA spirit, if that makes sense.

But, to give a few spirits off the top of my head - Gargoyles, as they're highly protective (plus, people have recommended them more than enough, however I don't have personal experience with them); Vampires, very loyal, can be protective, and absolutely amazing; Werewolves, just. beautiful beings. I love mine so much. Depending on what you are looking for, I'd recommend fae too.
To answer your question I do have a few attractions to some DA spirits one in particular that is on CH that's already been conjured who is a Dark Pegasus. I just feel like I can sense his vibe through my computer when I look at his picture.
Another type of DA spirit I'm attracted to is the Cynocephaly, Kitsune, Bakeneku, & the Gregori Watchers. Most of the spirits that end up being attracted to are creatures. Not sure why that is. I've never been one that likes humans more than animals. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to creatures more than human like spirits.
Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie

I definitely agree with what some other people have said already, go with what you're drawn to.

Return to “Dark Arts”