Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I just kind of thought this was cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv-MoOhVhqU

It's a short horror about a little boy with special friends...

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Either we watched two different videos from your link or I missed the message of that video entirely.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Haha, well tell me what you saw? When I click the link it still goes to the video I intended to share.

There can be many interpretations of it, of course. It just struck me that this boy's 'imaginary friends' (the clown and the bear) were reminiscent of thoughtforms that had grown in sentience and were out of his control. I found it cute that he didn't seem to mind that.

I don't think it's very deep as far as short films go, I'm somewhat of a cinephile and wouldn't rank this as something spectacular but I can appreciate the concept.

When I was younger I had an 'imaginary friend', as far as my mother initially believed. One day she herself saw this friend manifest. Later in life I was able to conclude he was not 'made up' at all, and he's with me to this day. It's interesting how these things take shape.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

LOL That's some seriously rogue thoughtforms.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote:Haha, well tell me what you saw? When I click the link it still goes to the video I intended to share.

There can be many interpretations of it, of course. It just struck me that this boy's 'imaginary friends' (the clown and the bear) were reminiscent of thoughtforms that had grown in sentience and were out of his control. I found it cute that he didn't seem to mind that.

I don't think it's very deep as far as short films go, I'm somewhat of a cinephile and wouldn't rank this as something spectacular but I can appreciate the concept.

When I was younger I had an 'imaginary friend', as far as my mother initially believed. One day she herself saw this friend manifest. Later in life I was able to conclude he was not 'made up' at all, and he's with me to this day. It's interesting how these things take shape.
Okay yep definitely watched a different video from the link provided. It was about a robot Mother and was basically a horror short film about reliance on technology. It was called "The Imom". Hence my confusion with the description you provided. x3

- Muse
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I got the correct video.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Clicked it again and got the right video...
What the heck phone? Eh. Well guess it was just a tech error on my part. How ironic. Anyway concerning the actual video --- I had imaginary friends as a kid. Mostly from cartoons like gargoyles and pokemon. I'm pretty sure they stayed as part of my childhood imagination, but it's fun to think about other cases.

- Muse
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Another cool short film about imaginary friends. The design of her friend has a great old timey feel, and it hints at a Beetlejuice style realm for the Friends.

https://youtu.be/6Ufh1dg8U7A

- Muse
DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23

As much as his friends seem to be on the vary dark end if not being black arts(which from some of the listings I've seen on lilith's treasure tavern saying that some of the vary dangerous ones want to protect kids doesn't seem that far off considering)it seems like this is along the lines of them only caring about fixing a problem they saw and not care about the details because of a mentality some people tend to have toward the metaphysical which kirin from teamfourstar on youtube summed up in a phrase even if it is said as a joke but seems to be a actual mindset"if you can't put it in a beaker then it doesn't exist" only to pay for it later because they pushed the wrong buttons.

Even before she entered the room it already looked like she was going to die looking at what it was showing and her clear to see fear where she was going"ooh god what did I get myself into.(breaths in deeply and exhales)No,just stay calm its just a child,I'm sure theirs a reasonable way to fix this we just need to keep him calm and under control until we make a diagnosis.Ok just pretend to be his friend and get the information we need and well be done with it".And then try to treat him like a normal kid when he clearly wasn't.

I could pull on a lot of memory's of things I've seen and heard for this type of topic I see it showing but that would take too long and be just as long of a post but some of the similarity's that came to mind as what this reminded me of right off the back was what I've read and heard of the movie carrie and seen from the game alice madness returns.I bet his mother deserved at least a portion of what came to her looking at how much they had to threaten him to have thing go that badly.Which aside from the seeming desire to kill and obvious overkill his friends had they got what they invoked(or envoked,not sure which would be the proper term here)by viewing and treating him as a harmless,naive child until they got scared and then viewed him as a monster.

blessed be

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

How do you recognise thoughtform from spirits interacting with you as an imaginery friend?

Do you grow thinking it was a thoughtform you created and discover that it was in fact a spirit (or it was not a spirit but a thoughtform)?

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”