DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

ariadnesthread wrote:Well I have cobbled together a sort of theory that melds both schools of thought. Magick is basically altering reality through intention and faith. There have been a few case studies done about people who were misdiagnosed with cancer, died, and upon autopsy it was found that they had no cancer at all. There intention was to die of cancer, they had faith that they had cancer, so that's exactly what happened.
I know that's a rude oversimplification of very complex ideas, but it works for me. Just don't tell my old professors, they would probably slap me.
I apologise if it sounds dumb or conflicts with anyone's faith.
I can't seem to find a clip on youtube about it even though the show its from can be found but on a episode of dark matters twisted but true they talked about someone who had a belief that strong.I can't recall all the details but basically sometime in the 1800's a black man from mississippi was brout to a town doctor by his wife.He had clear signs of having a high fever weakness but every test to figure out the cause came back negative and all his vitals were normal and the doctor couldn't find a way to fix him.Then one of them menchend that he was cursed by a voodoo doctor and was going to die in 10 days.Even though the only one that believed in magic was the patient he was getting worse and worse every day with no reason why.

Then when it seemed their was no way to cure him the doctor ran into the room saying he found the witch doctor he menchend and forced him to give him the cure after beating him and after doing what he was told to do to cure him he vomited up a salamander and made a full recovery soon after.It them menchends that even though he was cured the doctor faked the whole thing as a plesebo to cure him since he would believe it.I don't know if this is something you can find online but this was a documented case that I've only really seen on the show.Plus plesebos in general tend to be just that,a made up medicine that because people believe in it it works even when it shouldn't.

theirs even a show I watched called trough the worm hole with morgan freeman that had whole episodes dedicated to the topic of how much the mind effects our reality and how much faith is formed from it.As simple as it may seem their is plenty of evidence for the theory if you go looking for it.Plus with my mindset tord fact and fiction being that a fact is a theory that's proven true till it is proven false and then becomes fiction then if theirs no prof of it being false and and a few points of prof like the cases you menchened then it may as well be fact for the time being.So unless proven otherwise your statement is just speaking truth.Only a idiot that doesn't understand logic and reasoning would think its dumb or conflicting unless they had a good reason why and I don't see that showing up any time soon.

blessed be

Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

ariadnesthread wrote:Well I have cobbled together a sort of theory that melds both schools of thought. Magick is basically altering reality through intention and faith.
My thought exactly. Wish combined with faith becomes intent, and intent is the base for magic. Right? \:*
ariadnesthread wrote:There have been a few case studies done about people who were misdiagnosed with cancer, died, and upon autopsy it was found that they had no cancer at all. There intention was to die of cancer, they had faith that they had cancer, so that's exactly what happened.
A similar thing happened to my collegue at work about a year ago. He felt weak and tired and went to the doctor. After some preliminary examinations the doc told him, he might have stomach cancer.
My collegue got so fixed on the idea, that he soon developped all symptoms including vomiting of blood and even something that looked like a tumor on xray. He even went into a coma for a while. He got hospitalized at onkology, but all the tests returned negative. There was no tumor, doctors had no idea where the blood came from. The symptoms stopped right after that, but he was still convinced doctors are wrong and that he was in fact going to die.
Soon after he begun to hear voices and he had some halucinations. A few days after being released from the hospital he attemted suicide, but luckily wasn't succesful. He then spent a few months at psychiatry and as far as I know (he got fired from the job because of his mental problems, so I haven't seen him since, only on facebook) made full recovery...

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
ariadnesthread
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Ariadne Sapphire
Zodiac:

Muse wrote:
ariadnesthread wrote:I apologise if it sounds dumb or conflicts with anyone's faith.
Don't apologize. You have every right to believe what you do and walk the path you're on. That said, your story is a wild one. I've never heard of such a blatant misdiagnosis. Would you happen to have an article of this or something? I'm interested in how deep the power of the mind can be so this is as fascinating to me as it is tragic.
I will try to find one. I did a term paper over the placebo effect and somatoform disorders in college. I found the info in some of the research papers I had to slog through.

Courtwind Angel named D, a Red Dragon named M, a Chinese Fox Spirit named E and a Miro spirit

Return to “Spirit Keeping”