Icantthinkofaname
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi guys im new to all this and have started getting intrested in magic and its practices, my whole family, basically al of them have some supernatural experience, my father was doing some weird studies when he was a teenager which basically traveled to the other worlds and controlled his soul when slept, my mother has guardians guiding her my uncles and cousins are basically a bridge between the dead the spirits and the living for they basically see and interact with them naturally my grandparents were all invved in this ancient type of magic which my grandma even put a hex on a treasure boxs barried under a tree my dads uncle went and stole and well his whole life came apart went from super rich to a totally poor and miserable life ( creepy ) Z| and now i want to get involved in the supernatural like witch or wizard practices and magic but i dont know if i have the power in me same as they did and i need some help on where to start from.
I would appreciate it alot if some one would help me, for ive found the CH community very helpful and kind.
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I mean, to me it seems like it runs in your family? Or at least a craft is passed down or everyone seems to be magickally inclined. So it wouldn't surprise me if you are as well. Your family sounds very magickal to say the least.

CH is a fairly good resource for some perspective or links you can find - whether it's on the forums or shop. As for the shop they have some downloadable ebooks you can look into if it interests you. I think a couple things you can do is research what practices and craft you are drawn to the most and start working from there (like just narrow down eventually), or even get an idea of what kind of practices your family members had?? Personally though I would just not pick out whatever practice you like willy-nilly. I would say really do the research first. For example- I only strictly keep my practices normally leaning toward traditional witchcraft for a reason since that is mainly what I was taught and what I learned from an elder witch, and it comprises most of what I know and apply in my own work. Just trying to give some practical advice, but I think you get the picture. :)

Most people would point you to the internet but I think books are also good sources.. obviously not every single one since I feel there's a lot of modern books today that's very steeped in super new age material that can get kind of redundant. I don't think it hurts though to get the "beginner" type of books that go over material and practices (like a lot of those basic Wicca books that exist today). So you really have to use your best judgment, and especially I would say LOOK INTO the author and their background because if you're learning material from a book then it's better to know who is writing it, what their practices are, how experienced they are, etc. Then again that also applies to stuff you find online to if you peruse the internet in magick and ritual work.
I'm not against using the internet as resources for delving into magick work since there's good Ebooks and knowledgeable sites you might run into here and there but I just feel in a way it's somewhat limiting. I'd even say the same with those who go looking around online trying to Google up and cast spells from websites that teach you how to do this or that. I always precaution people before they jump to doing that.
Hope this helps somewhat. ^^
"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Icantthinkofaname
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Thanks god slayer, its really helpful to have some to have tips from experienced people, i actually found a website made by a witch who has many books that shes placed on her website and ive heard its good so ill give those a try
Just-another-Whiteknight
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gargoyle
If I could be anything, I would be...: Solomonic Cherub
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: I am true to my Christian name Thomas. Doubter and apologetic

So here's my journey, from a non magical bloodline.

I started with elemental magic. Fire, water, air, earth (some add spirit). And this isn't a bad place to start or end. Many religions have this system as its foundation. It was for me at least a bit chaotic. I wanted to know a bit more and have a bit more control.

I moved to a Buddhistic chakra system that used my own energy to cast spells. It was hit and miss based my mood or my schedule. I just couldn't get ahold of it in an orderly manner. It was still chaotic.

My third attempt and my current path is Solomonic magic. It's very orderly and very precise. My own chakra learning hasn't left and I still expend my energy into the spell or enchantment, but I call upon the archangel responsible for that day and the archangel responsible for that hour. Then I ask them to assist in the casting.

I am at peace with this system it's orderly, I am still conducting my will, but my will is more like playing backup QB to the angels.

Along my journey I have found one universal truth, "doubt is failure." I echo GodSlayer in finding reading material. Then boil that down and take out what doesn't resonate with you. Even if you happen to grab a poorly written book it should echo the larger magical consensus. (Crown is violet, root is red) build on the core of all the authors and don't just rely on one.
For the wise, Heaven is the Supreme Reason, and Hell is Folly. -Key of Solomon, as translated from Hebrew By Eliphaz Levi

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”