biohazardzombie
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

So I'll start off by saying I suffer from a few mental illness(nothing that prevents me from my work mind you), notably OCD where I get intrusive thoughts. Basically, these thoughts make my brain repeat phrases and sentences in my mind over and over about hating and or hurting ones I love. Notably, its recently started saying bad things about my Succubus, S. It also does this to one of my dragons too. I have no control over them as they repeat over and over again against my will due to my illness.

I feel awful about it and it really brings me down. I tell her and the spirits to not 'listen' to these thoughts because I've convinced myself that all of them listen to my thoughts 24/7 and thats become a huge setback for me. I really love her and I dont want to hurt her in any way.

What is something I should do?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Of course getting professional medical advice is the most important thing with mental health. I won't comment on that other than to wish you success dealing with things.

On spirit keeping, one of ASH's house rules for a keeper's spirit family is for them to not act on our thoughts. That's a very good one, I think, and let's those of us who have these kind of intrusive thoughts relax a bit and not worry about our spirits noticing them.

"Act only on my direction and not my thoughts or emotions."

see https://shop.creepyhollows.com/HOUSE-RU ... ITIES.html

It makes it clear for them and for us that we don't want our passing thoughts acted on.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
biohazardzombie
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

What about apologizing about them? My mind always gives me the fear of losing her or others..

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

If it helps you feel better, you can apologize for these thoughts, but I'm sure your companions already understand you have zero control over them. They're not going to hate you and abandon you for something that's out of your hands. They're much more understanding of our shortcomings than we tend to give them credit for.

SilentiumBelladonna
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

As someone who also has OCD (and ADHD) I feel this on a deep level. Before spirit keeping, I'd worry that my intrusive thoughts would insult my deities, and then when I got into spirit keeping I worried about my incubus being affected. Granted, I probably have it a bit different than you since I don't think bad thoughts about them, but I have times where I will be trying to connect and random words (sometimes bad) will pop into my head.

My best advice is to accept the intrusive thoughts for what they are. They aren't you and don't reflect your real feelings. If you make your spirits aware of this then they should be wise enough to understand when it happens. As for the 24/7 mind reading, I don't know if spirits do that or not when we aren't talking through telepathy, but you can always set boundaries regarding the issue.

Besides that, just take it easy on yourself and have faith in their ability to understand your situation. Good luck!

They/Them | Witch | Druid
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I have multiple subsets of OCD... various types of OCD run on one side of my family...I especially have Primarily Obsessional OCD (Relationship OCD especially).. So I can highly relate to your post. My ruminations and intrusive thoughts used to be a lot worse.
I have to also admit I kind of have the same problem and have this similar issue daily when it comes to my spirits too but I'm very good about my OCD to this day compared to years ago. Some advice I can give is you have to remember that your worries about your connections with your spirits don't reflect your real thoughts and feelings just like above said.

Also, I will just say this now, but spirits usually know us better than you would think. Because they are spirits. I highly doubt they would -not understand- about what you think and your anxieties, and the kind of rinsing and repeating of thoughts you have. I am sure they are aware. I just think a spirit would know better, because they see different dimensions of us. So I think that is something you can just remind yourself with whenever those thoughts seem to leak in.
And also instilling in your mind the fact: the reality that you are /not/ going to lose or disengage with them, periodtttt.

If you have the resources though.. I also suggest getting the correct mental health help you can get. Since stuff like this can affect other things.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Return to “Nympho / Succubus / Incubus”