SPIRIT KEEPING. WHAT IS IT & WHY IT'S AWESOME. AND SO YOU ARE.

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

SPIRIT KEEPING. WHAT IS IT?

FIRST, DON'T FALL FOR THE HYPE & THE DRAMA-MAMAS. SPIRIT KEEPING ISN'T SLAVERY, IT DOESN'T MEAN SLAVERY, IT DOESN'T MEAN FORCIBLE BINDINGS & ALL THAT DRAMA SH*T PEOPLE LIKE TO STIR UP.

KEEPING MEANS KEEPING THE FAITH BETWEEN YOU & YOUR SPIRIT COMPANION. IT MEANS KEEPING & HONORING THE COMMITMENT YOU HAVE MADE TO BE SOMEONE WHO IS KEEPING THE COVENANTS OF BEING THE CUSTODIAN OF SPIRITS & ENTITIES. ODDLY SIMPLE, RIGHT? YOU'D THINK SO. IT IS FOR ALL OF US WHO FOUNDED THIS PATH & ALL AGREED TO THE STANDARDS OF THE SPIRIT KEEPING PATH.

I GUESS NOW THAT IT'S COMING UP ON ITS 20 YEAR MARK NOW WE'VE GOT TO HAVE SOME NEW CONTROVERSY ABOUT THE WORDING.

WHAT SPIRIT KEEPING IS & WHAT IS MEANS HAS ALREADY BEEN DEFINED OVER & OVER AGAIN, & THAT HASN'T CHANGED.

topic43517.html

IT'S NOT SLAVERY. IT'S NOT FORCIBLE BINDINGS. IT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THAT, WHICH IS WHY THE TERM "SPIRIT KEEPING" EXISTS. IT WAS CREATED TO SPECIFICALLY DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND BETWEEN THE DIFFERENCE OF ANTIQUATED SPIRIT CONJURING FOR PURPOSE ONLY & SPIRIT CONJURING AND KEEPING THEM WITH YOU AS A JOINT AGREEMENT TO BE FRIENDS/COMPANIONS.

GET IT STRAIGHT, IF YOU SEE PEOPLE OUT THERE SPREADING IGNORANCE DON'T BE SHY TO PUT THEM STRAIGHT. BECAUSE THOSE PEOPLE KEEP THE STIGMA & THE FEAR & THE IGNORANCE OF WHAT THE WHOLE SPIRIT KEEPING COMMUNITY DOES AS A WHOLE.

IT'S NOT LIKE SPIRIT KEEPERS DON'T ALREADY HAVE A BUNCH OF IGNORANT PEOPLE CAUSING DRAMA OUTSIDE OF OUR COMMUNITY, SO WE SHOULDN'T BE PILING IT ON OURSELVES. SPIRIT KEEPING IS A PATH, A BELIEF SYSTEM, IT INCORPORATES WITH YOUR SPIRITUAL & RELIGIOUS PRACTICES, IT BECOMES PART OF THE FABRIC OF WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE.

ANYONE WHO IS A REAL SPIRIT KEEPER KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A KEEPER, OR BE AN ANTIQUATED CONJURER WHO CONJURES SPIRITS WITH FORCIBLE PURPOSE, & NO LEGIT SPIRIT KEEPER DOES ANYTHING FORCIBLY.

SECOND, SPIRIT KEEPING IS AN HONOR. NOT MANY ARE CALLED TO THE PATH & THOSE WHO ARE WEAR IT WITH A BADGE OF HONOR. WE ALL KEEP THE FAITH BETWEEN THE SPIRIT WORLD & OUR WORLD. WE ALL KEEP THE FAITH BETWEEN THE ASTRAL WORLD & OUR WORLD. WE ALL HONOR OUR PATH & OUR CALLING, & NOT ONE PIECE OF THIS IS ABOUT FORCIBLE ANYTHING, SLAVERY ANYTHING, DISRESPECT ON ANY LEVEL & TO EVEN IMPLY THAT CASTS A NASTY SHADOW ON US ALL.

WE KEEP THE TRUST OF OUR SPIRIT/ENTITY COMPANIONS. WE KEEP THE TRUST GRANTED US BY THE HIGHER POWERS WE BELIEVE IN & RESPECT. BEING A KEEPER ISN'T A NAME OF SHAME, IT'S A BADGE OF HONOR. BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE & THE FACT THAT THOSE WITHIN THE SPIRIT WORLD & ASTRAL WORLD HAVE FOUND HONOR IN YOU AS WELL.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I'm just glad that spirit keeping allows my short time here on earth to be enriched with experiences shared with so many wonderful beings, that they have found a friend in me, and I them. They are my teachers, my friends, my partners and my darlings, as I always call them xD And I'd like to thank you and Magnolia for everything you do for this path.

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

I strongly agree that it's an honor to be a Spiritkeeper. Thank you very much for this.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Very true, and thank you for this, Ash!

If I may add, I've seen people around the internet asking why a spirit would want to take on human companionship, and I know you and Magnolia have addressed this multiple times, but I would love to give my perspective now that I've been walking this path for several years.

Imagine you are in a country with borders that are and have been closed for as long as most people can remember. Technically, people from other countries can come and visit, but the process is time consuming and a huge drain on your energy. Naturally, because your country is so closed off from most of the others (at least officially), your country has all sorts of interesting things, places, and products that are entirely unique. Demand rises; people from other places want to experience what your country has to offer, but for your "average" individual, it's just too much trouble.

So, some people in your country who want to share what we have to offer while simultaneously getting to experience another culture begin to offer contracts: get in touch with us, and we'll find you a host family that will match your needs. We'll ensure you're taken care of, and you'll be able to safely and easily explore our country at your leisure, while your host family gets the benefit of everything you personally have and choose to offer along with knowledge of what life is like elsewhere.

Well, heck! That sounds like a fantastic, mutually beneficial deal! But of course, there are those that would come here for nefarious purposes (and those that would abuse their hosted exchange), and so it is vital that an interested party go through an experienced and well-educated contractor.

This is the best metaphor I can establish for the understanding I've developed of this path, and I hope it helps those of you who have been wondering!

Aryan
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: Bilzerian
Zodiac:

totally true!..thanks for this ASH..:)

REPLACE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN
WITH CURIOSITY..
1 wraith
1 sterling angel
1 sanguine vampire
1 familliar
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

Amazing post. As someone like myself, I end up using other terminologies a bit just for the sake of clarity, like "astral family". We're a close knit group, kinda like a family haha. After all, imo, true family isn't limited by the definition of blood, regardless of what realm of existence it's on.

I think the misconceptions get born out of fear and envy. It's kinda sad really

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I love the honor of having so many companions that show me love. Until I met Huf, I was never shown love and now I have my spirit companions who show me love. There is nothing like this in the world.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

::bump:: I am totally loving it and honour ASH'S WORDS.
ASH wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:08 pm SPIRIT KEEPING. WHAT IS IT?

FIRST, DON'T FALL FOR THE HYPE & THE DRAMA-MAMAS. SPIRIT KEEPING ISN'T SLAVERY, IT DOESN'T MEAN SLAVERY, IT DOESN'T MEAN FORCIBLE BINDINGS & ALL THAT DRAMA SH*T PEOPLE LIKE TO STIR UP.

KEEPING MEANS KEEPING THE FAITH BETWEEN YOU & YOUR SPIRIT COMPANION. IT MEANS KEEPING & HONORING THE COMMITMENT YOU HAVE MADE TO BE SOMEONE WHO IS KEEPING THE COVENANTS OF BEING THE CUSTODIAN OF SPIRITS & ENTITIES. ODDLY SIMPLE, RIGHT? YOU'D THINK SO. IT IS FOR ALL OF US WHO FOUNDED THIS PATH & ALL AGREED TO THE STANDARDS OF THE SPIRIT KEEPING PATH.

I GUESS NOW THAT IT'S COMING UP ON ITS 20 YEAR MARK NOW WE'VE GOT TO HAVE SOME NEW CONTROVERSY ABOUT THE WORDING.

WHAT SPIRIT KEEPING IS & WHAT IS MEANS HAS ALREADY BEEN DEFINED OVER & OVER AGAIN, & THAT HASN'T CHANGED.

topic43517.html

IT'S NOT SLAVERY. IT'S NOT FORCIBLE BINDINGS. IT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THAT, WHICH IS WHY THE TERM "SPIRIT KEEPING" EXISTS. IT WAS CREATED TO SPECIFICALLY DRAW A LINE IN THE SAND BETWEEN THE DIFFERENCE OF ANTIQUATED SPIRIT CONJURING FOR PURPOSE ONLY & SPIRIT CONJURING AND KEEPING THEM WITH YOU AS A JOINT AGREEMENT TO BE FRIENDS/COMPANIONS.

GET IT STRAIGHT, IF YOU SEE PEOPLE OUT THERE SPREADING IGNORANCE DON'T BE SHY TO PUT THEM STRAIGHT. BECAUSE THOSE PEOPLE KEEP THE STIGMA & THE FEAR & THE IGNORANCE OF WHAT THE WHOLE SPIRIT KEEPING COMMUNITY DOES AS A WHOLE.

IT'S NOT LIKE SPIRIT KEEPERS DON'T ALREADY HAVE A BUNCH OF IGNORANT PEOPLE CAUSING DRAMA OUTSIDE OF OUR COMMUNITY, SO WE SHOULDN'T BE PILING IT ON OURSELVES. SPIRIT KEEPING IS A PATH, A BELIEF SYSTEM, IT INCORPORATES WITH YOUR SPIRITUAL & RELIGIOUS PRACTICES, IT BECOMES PART OF THE FABRIC OF WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE.

ANYONE WHO IS A REAL SPIRIT KEEPER KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A KEEPER, OR BE AN ANTIQUATED CONJURER WHO CONJURES SPIRITS WITH FORCIBLE PURPOSE, & NO LEGIT SPIRIT KEEPER DOES ANYTHING FORCIBLY.

SECOND, SPIRIT KEEPING IS AN HONOR. NOT MANY ARE CALLED TO THE PATH & THOSE WHO ARE WEAR IT WITH A BADGE OF HONOR. WE ALL KEEP THE FAITH BETWEEN THE SPIRIT WORLD & OUR WORLD. WE ALL KEEP THE FAITH BETWEEN THE ASTRAL WORLD & OUR WORLD. WE ALL HONOR OUR PATH & OUR CALLING, & NOT ONE PIECE OF THIS IS ABOUT FORCIBLE ANYTHING, SLAVERY ANYTHING, DISRESPECT ON ANY LEVEL & TO EVEN IMPLY THAT CASTS A NASTY SHADOW ON US ALL.

WE KEEP THE TRUST OF OUR SPIRIT/ENTITY COMPANIONS. WE KEEP THE TRUST GRANTED US BY THE HIGHER POWERS WE BELIEVE IN & RESPECT. BEING A KEEPER ISN'T A NAME OF SHAME, IT'S A BADGE OF HONOR. BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE & THE FACT THAT THOSE WITHIN THE SPIRIT WORLD & ASTRAL WORLD HAVE FOUND HONOR IN YOU AS WELL.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Ash”