You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pegasus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Okay using game of thrones as quick analogy here.

Forces of light= the Lanisters

Forces of darkness= the Starks.

Finally, forces of the black arts= the white walkers.

(Not saying the Lanisters are all good or that the Starks are all bad here as light and dark are not being equated with evil or good)

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Jesse,

It doesn't take someone being a black magician to hurt children (as to your earlier example), and I'd honestly hazard a guess that the vast majority of scumbags who hurt children are not into magic or remotely touched by it (unless they are psychotic and believe themselves to have some sort of 'power').
There are assuredly cases among that vast majority where people are *used* by 'black arts forces', or fed from by that malicious presence (hence feeding the person with more malicious intent in kind),
but that's usually not a case where the individual knows what they are doing or has any control over that influence.

The number of conscious, black magicians doing deeds like harm children for the hell of it is comparatively minute.
Most magicians are after power, that power can present itself in many shades, there is usually an ultimate goal that may entail hurting people but without that being the end motivation. A successful and powerful black magician may not be nice by any stretch of the word, but they are not commonly the type who wretchedly enjoy hurting people merely for the sake of hurting them. If that were the case, they wouldn't have the sort of capability they do; they have to work for/earn it like any other powerful practitioner.

If however they are just a psycho-dabbler who believes themselves to be powerful, they can definitely make things happen, they can even have an ounce of skill, but they are not sophisticated enough to be something we should concern ourselves with. They are like pests you shut down or redirect when/if you come across them. They don't have the patience to understand magic in such a way as to successfully get away with anything major or long-lasting, and usually it immediately backfires on them, crippling them psychologically or physically, certainly spiritually.

In conclusion:

-There are fewer people tasking or engaging with 'black arts spirits/magic' than there are people either just being nasty humans or under that influence 'unbeknownst' to them.

-A truly formidable black magician does not want to spread harm just for the sake of spreading harm. This doesn't mean we embrace them, but I'm saying it is more complex and more gray-area than it may seem. There is typically going to be both light and dark peppered in there, no matter how it looks on the outside.
Unless/until one is cognizant of the bigger picture with those proficient in the black arts, it's not so easy to make assumptions about it or to get how it should be addressed.

-A mediocre/subpar magician who acts for sadistic or petty reasons is not a huge challenge to stomp out, they do more harm to themselves than to others with each act. They already have so little respect for the arts they are attempting to practice that they've doomed themselves.

On the matter of forces themselves which are comparable to a virus, totally 'apathetic' and existing only to cause harm, I would argue even they have their place or purpose. Nobody would ever attribute good feelings to these things or want them to be active among us, but without threats there would be no stimulus for evolution.
So as hazardous as these forces can be, call me crazy, but I wouldn't want to exist in a world without them. There is something to be learned from them. Eradicating them from existence would not eradicate our problems or maladjusted behaviors, nor make our problems necessarily easier to resolve.

Finally...
darkwing dook wrote:Well, the last season of GoT is bad, but I wouldn't consider it BA or evil etc.
I can say without a doubt that the series finale victimized countless people, indiscriminately at that.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Here is the thing truth be told the only thing that matters is humanity remembering the truth and restoring things as they were.

But, to restore and heal what was before it is important to first be aware of the very fact things have changed, what caused the changes, and where healing is most needed.

I know such makes no sense at all because as far as everyone remembers this world has always been this way, humans have always been this way, etc etc.

So, my saying that is not true would only naturally bring confusion or doubt.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

jesse1746 wrote:Here is the thing truth be told the only thing that matters is humanity remembering the truth and restoring things as they were.

But, to restore and heal what was before it is important to first be aware of the very fact things have changed, what caused the changes, and where healing is most needed.

I know such makes no sense at all because as far as everyone remembers this world has always been this way, humans have always been this way, etc etc.

So, my saying that is not true would only naturally bring confusion or doubt.
Of course, of course.
Only the conspiracy theorists know The Truth(tm) and every conspiracy has their own Truth(tm).
There's a lot of truths going around, maybe I should get some in an all care package, gotta get those bonus points and maybe a truth discount.

I wonder why only those specific people know The Truth(tm) and like, a lot of powerful practitioners who are active and have contacts all around the world are totally in the dark. :@

Whelp, I guess random people without any qualifications whatsoever posting videos on youtube truly are fountains of Truth(tm), who would have known? \|
SCNR

PS: The White Walkers were created as soldiers to kill humans. And that's what they did, even after breaking free from the Children of the Forests control. They also were created from Humans.
They were just doing what they were made for, that doesn't make them evil. So your analogy is a fallacy.
Just like Skynet isn't really evil.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

The information is always there it's not like it's hidden in a safe somewhere.

Most of the time it's just right there in the open most just don't want to look at it.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Sure, the world was once very different. We had dinosaurs. I want them back just as much as everyone else.
Some say they've spotted still-living pterodactyls...there are many strange accounts. I am holding onto hope.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote:Sure, the world was once very different. We had dinosaurs. I want them back just as much as everyone else.
Some say they've spotted still-living pterodactyls...there are many strange accounts. I am holding onto hope.
Ya know. I enjoy dinosaurs in the abstract. Immensely. But. The Truth(TM) is that my current anxiety levels are pretty okay with the live dinosaur headcount we currently have going. ^..^

Return to “Black Arts”