You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pegasus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I was just wondering just what should the "outcasts" of magic and spirit working properly be referred to as?

By outcasts here I mean the ones who have no regards for breaking any or even of the rules on magic, have no regards or respect for lives or spirits, etc etc.

In other words, very very nasty people that practice the blackest arts throughout the years or centuries of human existence.

I've heard countless groups and beliefs of magic being attributed to these outcasts but none of them are truly correct because whatever group gets such labels easily prove that they themselves are NOT of that mannerism.

So, just to clarify here by what name should the outcasts of the magic world be referred to as?

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Based on your description, maybe... jerks? or a-holes?

Seriously, I'd call it as I see it depending on the person and circumstance. Different cultures already have different terms for regard of these types as well, so even if we came up with a particular term here it wouldn't be consistently applicable with other communities.

Technically if we consider 'black magic' in definition to be practices done against the will of others with all manner of nasty elements involved, I can see it reasonable to just refer to such persons as black magicians of the nastiest sort.

I don't see the collective of them as outcasts personally, I see them in tiers as I am not into letting anyone who carelessly messes around with this stuff off the hook. So as to include among them on a less-sophisticated scale the dabblers who just want to take advantage of the arts based on their trigger-happy emotions (i.e. 'I've got to get back my ex and I will kill his new gf to make it happen because I am so obsessed'). Although I may refer to those types as being the severest of the 'dum-dum' category...the kind of human beings that just do not care at all about anyone apart from themselves and their wants and simultaneously are super clueless, mentally unhinged, need to be magically 'locked up', whathaveyou.

But I digress...
My point being there is a variety of nastiness that crawls its way into the magical world or has existed in it from the beginning of time, terms are already in use and others don't need to be thought out too deeply. Just my opinion.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote:Based on your description, maybe... jerks? or a-holes?

Seriously, I'd call it as I see it depending on the person and circumstance. Different cultures already have different terms for regard of these types as well, so even if we came up with a particular term here it wouldn't be consistently applicable with other communities.

Technically if we consider 'black magic' in definition to be practices done against the will of others with all manner of nasty elements involved, I can see it reasonable to just refer to such persons as black magicians of the nastiest sort.

I don't see the collective of them as outcasts personally, I see them in tiers as I am not into letting anyone who carelessly messes around with this stuff off the hook. So as to include among them on a less-sophisticated scale the dabblers who just want to take advantage of the arts based on their trigger-happy emotions (i.e. 'I've got to get back my ex and I will kill his new gf to make it happen because I am so obsessed'). Although I may refer to those types as being the severest of the 'dum-dum' category...the kind of human beings that just do not care at all about anyone apart from themselves and their wants and simultaneously are super clueless, mentally unhinged, need to be magically 'locked up', whathaveyou.

But I digress...
My point being there is a variety of nastiness that crawls its way into the magical world or has existed in it from the beginning of time, terms are already in use and others don't need to be thought out too deeply. Just my opinion.
That is very true and what makes it so difficult to really label them as they seem to act like parasites among us. So, you'll see them among various groups using what they can of that group then leaving said group to take the heat for their actions.

It's like that old say they are everywhere and yet they are nowhere.

But on flip side of that as there exists these Black magic workers everywhere so too are their counter parts the I suppose White magic workers(?) as well working to counter such things.

Only reason I care for a name is so as to distinguish when such is being talked of and not say one the groups that is hidden behind

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

There is also this to consider: not every tradition or ethnic heritage differentiates between “good” and “bad” magic. (I’m trying to get away from assigning goodness or badness to colors like white and black, as creating prejudices for and against those words tends to spill over into other aspects of life, including our treatment of different races.)

Anyway. Many ethnicities just have “magic”, full stop. There aren’t subgroups of good/bad, light/dark, etc. in those traditions. Those ethnicities might or might not have their own word for practitioners who primarily wreak evil workings, but every heritage is different.

Personally, with or without a specific vocabulary item, my advice is that if you spot a practitioner or spirit/entity that’s basically All Evil, All the Time, just NOPE out of there. There are more beneficial places to spend your time and attention.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:There is also this to consider: not every tradition or ethnic heritage differentiates between “good” and “bad” magic. (I’m trying to get away from assigning goodness or badness to colors like white and black, as creating prejudices for and against those words tends to spill over into other aspects of life, including our treatment of different races.)

Anyway. Many ethnicities just have “magic”, full stop. There aren’t subgroups of good/bad, light/dark, etc. in those traditions. Those ethnicities might or might not have their own word for practitioners who primarily wreak evil workings, but every heritage is different.

Personally, with or without a specific vocabulary item, my advice is that if you spot a practitioner or spirit/entity that’s basically All Evil, All the Time, just NOPE out of there. There are more beneficial places to spend your time and attention.
I get what you're saying about there being something of a grey area in the working of magic as to what is or is not considered right.

However, in this case there is no grey area here. We're not talking "I want to make to make 'x' love me at all costs" here

We're talking more horrific acts done against children for the black ritual of "destroying" that child's spirit or rather breaking their wills, minds etc so as to create darker mind sets upon those children.

In other words, it's like creating pain just for the sake of creating pain.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

jesse1746 wrote:In other words, it's like creating pain just for the sake of creating pain.
Sounds very like the CH definition of black arts.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:
jesse1746 wrote:In other words, it's like creating pain just for the sake of creating pain.
Sounds very like the CH definition of black arts.
Very true.

Call it what you want:an error, damage, a glitch in the system we call life, etc but I so yearn for restoring things as they were with things in balance again.

SilentiumBelladonna
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I'm not really sure there is one to be honest? Individual traditions and cultures have their own worlds for "evil magick users"/"betrayers"/"oath breakers" etc., but I don't think there's a universal term.

It would be difficult to apply one when different practices may have different views on morality and ethics. (What might seem terribly evil to one group might not to another, and so on...) Not to mention what makes someone an "outcast" is also going to vary from place to place, and circle to circle.

If you really want a word for them, you could probably just make your own?

They/Them | Witch | Druid
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I suppose in the end it may not matter what "they" are called as their actions have made many living and spirit alike very angry.

If nothing else they are going against very very serious rules

To put it perspective think of life as a video game breaking these rules risk crashing the game.

Hence why they will not last much longer

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

jesse1746 wrote: We're talking more horrific acts done against children for the black ritual of "destroying" that child's spirit or rather breaking their wills, minds etc so as to create darker mind sets upon those children.
Ah, Pizzagate. You're really into conspiracy theories, aren't you?
jesse1746 wrote: Call it what you want:an error, damage, a glitch in the system we call life, etc but I so yearn for restoring things as they were with things in balance again.
Why would it be an error in the system? And how do you know it's not in balance?
I mean theoretically that system applies to the whole universe. You can only talk about the things you see on the news or internet, which don't even cover all that happens on this planet.
Just because you made your google algorithm spit out conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory, doesn't mean there's an imbalance there. Talk about a filter bubble.
jesse1746 wrote:I suppose in the end it may not matter what "they" are called as their actions have made many living and spirit alike very angry.

If nothing else they are going against very very serious rules

To put it perspective think of life as a video game breaking these rules risk crashing the game.
What rules? The rule of action and consequence? The only real rule is the right of way. If you have enough power, you can set the rules.
'They' will only run into problems when others either gang up on them or they run into something bigger and badder than them. As far as an organized 'They' exists.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Black Arts”