You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: trying to achieve
If I could be anything, I would be...: ascended master
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Knowledge Seeker

Was wondering if some of my issues with leaving the body could be from someone/something blocking me from doing so? I don't really think this is it but i wanted to just check with the community and see what everyone's thoughts were?

I am new to all of this, came across a book on lucid dreaming a couple years ago and was hooked. I have since read many different books on the subject of LD and OBE. Bruce, Monroe, etc. Watched some of their videos and talks. I have not been able to achieve either so far. I do think i was trying too hard at the beginning of my efforts.

My reason for wondering about the blocking of my ability to leave is because i have come very close a few times but always end up the same. I feel my body going numb and then it feels like my neck/head is twisting around backwards. It's a very strange sensation that actually caught me off guard the first time it happened. I am guessing that this feeling (because each time it has occurred it's been the same exact scenario) is because everything else is leaving the physical but my head/neck area is not releasing. This is at least the conclusion i have come to on my own? So i am wondering why if that i KNOW leaving the physical is possible, and i am not scared of the experience in any way could there be something keeping me from lifting out completely? This experience has happened 5 times in total, each time the same thing. Body goes numb, and even though i am still it feels like my head and neck are turning at unnatural angles. This lasts for several minutes until it becomes a strain and i have to just sit up.

AS always any thoughts are welcome. I HAVE ordered my first custom conjured spirit to assist me in all things OBE, lucid etc. and can't wait for it to arrive, although i am also very nervous being so new to all this and having no magic experience at all.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

astrallychallenged77 wrote:Was wondering if some of my issues with leaving the body could be from someone/something blocking me from doing so? I don't really think this is it but i wanted to just check with the community and see what everyone's thoughts were?
Yes, it's possible. I mean everybody has blocks somewhere. Some form naturally, some come from certain experiences, some might even get placed by beings. But the latter is not really the norm.

You could try to make it easier by 'going out of body' during the day. Just feel out your astral body and move your head without moving your head. Feel your astral head move out of your body and move it around. Get used to that feeling.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
astrallychallenged77
new here
new here
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: trying to achieve
If I could be anything, I would be...: ascended master
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Knowledge Seeker

Thanks for the response Aprophis!! I actually have only tried (after my initial attempts were at night) during the day. All the times i am referring to were also during the daytime. I figured after i initially began trying that it would probably be a better idea to do so during daytime for my first experience.

Decided that when i managed it for the first time it would be better for it to be during daylight than night. I think i read it somewhere as well, been a while since i read any new material so it may show my ignorance on the subject assuming that day/night are the same on the astral plane. However, as i said, i must have come across that info at some point because i stopped trying in the evenings.

I do believe one of my major stumbling blocks so to speak is my inept ability to visualize. My visualization abilities are literally almost non-existent!!

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”