You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faes and ange
If I could be anything, I would be...: Delica Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Astreum

I ask if in an astral, spiritual or magical way the winged Faes of the Victorian traditions or those of the French renaissance (which are simply modern fairies as Disney depict them) would be somehow related to angelic beings.

Israeli academics had come to the conclusion that most archangelic beings were ancient pagan deities and that Yavhe was a minor deity until the end of the first millennium BC. Likewise most of the fairy beings are 'ancient deities related to Sidhes or Alfar.

In the end these winged fairies have an energy very different from purely elementary beings like dryads, satyrs, nymphs and others who are more chaotic and close to the ground when they seem of a more ethereal nature.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

My opinion (and experience) is that angelic beings have a different core energy to fae and each impacts on us differently. This isn't based on intellectual analysis of historical accounts or theological philosophy but on what their energy feels or looks like.

I don't count myself as the resident expert but I have some years' experience of angelic and fae energies and I'd find it hard to think of them as being closely related.

I agree with you on the historical fact that Yahweh was a local deity in just one of the 2 kingdoms (Israel & Judah) that got promoted over time. I guess if you can put a date on when monotheism began (maybe that means the start of Judaism?) then yes it makes sense to me that angelic beings were around before then but were not previously described in monotheistic terms.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
nina
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Lewk wrote: I agree with you on the historical fact that Yahweh was a local deity in just one of the 2 kingdoms (Israel & Judah) that got promoted over time. I guess if you can put a date on when monotheism began (maybe that means the start of Judaism?) then yes it makes sense to me that angelic beings were around before then but were not previously described in monotheistic terms.
Interesting...
Does this mean that archangels or the other order of angels like thrones, powers etc do not really serve Yahweh, and are deities of their own?

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

nina wrote:
Lewk wrote: I agree with you on the historical fact that Yahweh was a local deity in just one of the 2 kingdoms (Israel & Judah) that got promoted over time. I guess if you can put a date on when monotheism began (maybe that means the start of Judaism?) then yes it makes sense to me that angelic beings were around before then but were not previously described in monotheistic terms.
Interesting...
Does this mean that archangels or the other order of angels like thrones, powers etc do not really serve Yahweh, and are deities of their own?
On that point, I'm not an authority on Angels.

I guess it also depends on what your concept of Yahweh is too.

I know Angelic energy has a distant origin and Planet Earth based religions are a recent human thing. (Humans may have originated as much as 1 million years or more ago, whereas the first religions seem to have begun only well after the last ice age ended and are maybe no more than 7,000 years old. What we often call Shamanism is not technically a religion.)

Whatever the Angels were doing before then, I find it hard to think that they were following a religion that humans had not yet adopted. I can understand them possibly being converted later, as we see that with Djinn. Or maybe some Angels have always had their own idea of what the Supreme Being or Highest Life Force Energy is and have always been close to It/Him/Her?

Once Yahweh became synonomous with that Supreme Being in the minds of humans, maybe the actual name becomes superfluous to some extent, I think...if that makes sense.

Does CH do bindings of Yahweh I wonder?

These are matters worth pondering, I think, but in the end some things are eternally inscrutable and we each reach our own compromise with them.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
nina
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Lewk wrote:
Whatever the Angels were doing before then, I find it hard to think that they were following a religion that humans had not yet adopted. I can understand them possibly being converted later, as we see that with Djinn. Or maybe some Angels have always had their own idea of what the Supreme Being or Highest Life Force Energy is and have always been close to It/Him/Her?
Interesting to hear that other beings also convert or have their own religion.

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h

Return to “Angels”