Ordered A Butterfly Fairy, How Do They Act?

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal
Zodiac:

Because of the fact I kept on thinking that H the garden elf was lonely, yesterday I ordered a butterfly fairy to keep him company. Judging by the oracle cards, he seems pleased by this decision.

So...how do butterfly faeries act?
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I have seen the encyclopedia entry but I wanted to hear other people's experiences on butterfly fairies.
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

One I've met and talked to has a sort of blood orangey glow to her form. She's a sassy one and likes to be the life of the party :)
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I have a butterfly fairy. For me the personal connection via quiet time together / bonding meditation is the way to get a handle on the spirit that's with you. - and how they help you. On top of what is in the Encyclopedia. Experiences vary from one person to another.

I have a different angle now on how spirits do magic than I did when my butterfly fairy first arrived. I think I can appreciate them better as a result. Probably the standard things that bring a bond and connection mentioned in the foundational articles on spirit keeping will help.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Uh... maybe there's something that I'm missing but how does meditating with your spirit work to bond with them? Aren't you basically sitting with your empty mind in their presence? How does that help? Same thing when a problem arises in your life and you don't know how to solve it and some people say 'meditate on it for the answer', ain't that just a fancy way of saying brainstorming?
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

For me, meditation helps me to quiet my chattering mind down so that I can sense mine and their energy more, and from there I can try to make out exactly who is around and what they want to communicate. Meditation also calms me down. When anxiety strikes, it is helpful that I'm able to trace what thoughts or energy built up the anxiety and from there I will know how to break it down. And that requires a calm, mindful state.

All in all, a quiet mind can sense more than a noisy one.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

What Sooty said...

I'd add that one simple way we can meditate with our spirit is to hold their vessel while asking ourselves what it feels like and asking ourselves what our spirit looks like and feels like. So this starts to becomes a connection, a bond. Then maybe that becomes clearer and more familar as time goes by.

As Sooty said, the quiet mind and time together is fertile ground in which the subtle sensations and 2 way interaction can take root and grow.

I don't want to set up expectations by giving more detail, as we won't all have the same experiences.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Meditate with your spirit by asking them to join you, asking them to sit with you and let you experience their energy, their presence. You meditate on what you are feeling with them, what comes to your mind about them, what sensations you experience by having their energy with you. Meditating with your spirit is not about emptying your mind of everything, it's about sitting with your spirit and familiarizing with them, their presence, seeing what your third eye picks up about them, etc. You can build on that by practicing telepathy with them at that time or asking them to reveal themselves in your thoughts. That's how you bond with a being through meditation.

Meditating on a problem is like bringing the problem into your meditation and getting to know it and letting your mind just mull it over without expectation. You're not trying to solve the problem, just trying to see what your mind reveals further about it. That could be a solution or just thinking about it from a different angle.
X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

I have a butterfly fae and the best way I can explain her energy is a very happy, positive, and innocent energy. It is impossible to be around her for any time period without smiling and my mood brightening. She loves sunshine, flowers and the forest. An interesting thing I’ve noticed is she is definitely around more during the warm months. She’s been here for over a year. She does not speak to me with words like a lot of my spirit friends do. I do have a few who don’t and she’s one who speaks more with feelings or vibes. Very positive experience. I hope your new friend and your experience are just as positive! 😊

Return to “Faery”