House Rules For DA?

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

RyanJZ wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:57 pm Technically yes. Most spirits or entities won’t, but occasionally there are a few who will test you, but that’s the exception. House rules are more like guidelines....
What do you mean by 'test you'?

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
RyanJZ
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: I don’t know yet

JenNeutral wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:32 pm
RyanJZ wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:57 pm Technically yes. Most spirits or entities won’t, but occasionally there are a few who will test you, but that’s the exception. House rules are more like guidelines....
Just that they might see how strongly you’ll enforce your rules, or see what they can get away with. Like I said though, I wouldn’t worry about it. Most spirits conjured by reputable sellers will be honorable and decent, even DA spirits.

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

RyanJZ wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:07 pm
JenNeutral wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:32 pm
Just that they might see how strongly you’ll enforce your rules, or see what they can get away with. Like I said though, I wouldn’t worry about it. Most spirits conjured by reputable sellers will be honorable and decent, even DA spirits.
Oh, good. Honestly, I thought they were literally going to give me a test and I have to answer it correctly or something like that. x*D

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
Emperor_Warlocks
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: DA/WA
If I could be anything, I would be...: ALIVE again....
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

JenNeutral wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:51 am Oh, good. Honestly, I thought they were literally going to give me a test and I have to answer it correctly or something like that. x*D
Lmao x*D Thanks for the quick laughs. What Ryan mentiones is that a few may act mischievous in way that grabs your attention by force from whatever they may do. It's always apparent to add a few rules for any DA beings and wonderful fellow CH users already gave some nice helpful tips you could look upon.

It was the power of a stone that brought them together in such joy and passion. A stone that could aid in clearing every stressful thought and replace it with love. The Rose Quartz was the answer to all his needs with the woman in his life who he loved dearly. As they held the crystal together, they felt the bond of trust could never be broken as within them the love of a goddest between Man and Woman was far too powerful to even appear as such visions and interfere.
Conium
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
Zodiac:

Don't worry about the number of house rules- it's definitely more about what they rule actually entail and what your unique circumstances are.

For myself, there were some rules I definitely didn't think of at the beginning (either because I didn't know or didn't foresee an issue arise). It's okay to introduce house rules as situations change and as the need arises and depending on the companion in question (like for my vampire companion, one of my rules is to not feed on me without permission, that obviously doesn't apply to spirits and entities that do not feed on humans)

This being said, they may test you and they may push your boundaries but once the rules are in place you should have a system of warning and dismissing if they do not seem to respect the rules and boundaries as that could potentially be a sign that they are of harm to you or the immediate people around you. Then again, I do conjure and I am nearly constantly around beings that are in the process of being vetted, and the entities I work with tend to be darker aligned so more strict rules are needed depending on the spirit/entity in question.

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

Gotcha. Thanks for all your answers, guys!

I should probably add a rule about the sexual aspect of Gregori Watcher. If I recalled, they can be rather sensual.

Conium
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
Zodiac:

That would probably be a very good rule to have in there lol I know I have one for my incubi companion

but I hope your companionship is fruitful!

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

Thanks! I just hope he's not a rebel. That would be a handful.

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

If he does anything against the rules, make sure you have a talk with him. Use restrain if necessary. The rules are there for a reason and need to be updated as needed. I had to have a talk with some of mine last night due to rivalry issues.

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

Sooty wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:25 am If he does anything against the rules, make sure you have a talk with him. Use restrain if necessary. The rules are there for a reason and need to be updated as needed. I had to have a talk with some of mine last night due to rivalry issues.
I’ll do that, thanks! This is my first time having an DA, so I’m slightly being cautious here. Especially since I live with my parents and I don’t want him to bother them.

Return to “Dark Arts”