Pre-Bound And Custom Conjure: Which One Do You Prefer?

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

I noticed that I tend to buy pre-bound spirits (probably because it's pretty inexpensive), which made me think:

What do you guys prefer? Do you guys prefer pre-bound or custom conjure spirits? Or you’re fine with either of them?
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It depends on if I'm looking for someone specific or if someone catches my eye. When I first started out, I got custom conjures because I was yet knowledgeable enough to know what a calling felt like and what to look for in spirits. I still will get a custom conjured when I am being called to it. For example, I got an CC for an ancient vampire from Apollon Emporium, and the vampire that came through for me was one who has been watching me for a long while. I just suddenly got a call to get that listing from that conjurer when I passed by looking, and regret nothing about the surprising wonderful companion who's in my keep now. But prebounds tend to catch my eye more often now because I know what the callings feel like, and it's nice to know a bit about the individual you're bringing home before you bring them to you.

So really, TLDR: it depends on what I'm looking for, if I'm getting a calling, and honestly the expense.
They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

With CH custom conjures, I can choose what the class level is. I think it's the fact the CH preconjures are a high level 5 that makes them normally a bit more expensive than custom conjures can be. CCs from the other conjurer I've had them from are cheaper too.

I no longer go for preconjures, although my first few bound spirits were all preconjures and I felt a calling for each one. With custom conjures, I also don't get a physical vessel any longer, which also lowers the price and saves waiting for a week or two for an international package to arrive.

Those are practical considerations. When I still got preconjures, I could meditate on whether there was a calling for a particular spirit or that they felt right for me - and all the info about them was right there in the shop listing to help with that.

Now I rely on the trusted conjurers I go to to find a good match for me via a custom conjure.

I'm still very much in the learning path - I've only been keeping bound spirits for 3 years. Sentient servitors for 7 years. They all seem to become your companion so, from that point of view, I don't have a preference between custom or pre-conjures.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
MysticEmpath
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 15
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

I also have no preference. I have great relationships with both custom and pre-conjured. As Lewk has said, the pre-conjures give you the opportunity to meditate and confirm if that spirit/entity is a good fit for you and to go with that calling. Custom conjures give the spirit/entity the opportunity to come home to you of their own choosing which can be an overwhelmingly, loving experience as well as being perfectly matched with your energy signature (when you go to a reputable conjuror of course).
“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”
― Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

I prefer custom, mainly because CH customs is way cheaper than their prebounds, and that customs are there just for you.

I only get prebounds when they call to me strongly. There were races I wouldn't even dream of having, like incubi. I've never been attracted to them, they were in my "never" list. My ubi went to lengths to change my mind. So for me some spirits choose to go the prebound way because they knew that catching your attention the customs way isn't gonna be easy :*)*

This also teaches me one thing: never say never. Almost all of the races I said I'm not into are here now...
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I feel like for me, I would say neither, though I can understand the reasons of time convenience and budgets. Though I think it can depend on which seller though how they price. I think because I care about the calling, I will only ever go for a prebound or preconjure if I know for a fact that is who I need, who I will bond with, and who I feel is meant for me. I enjoy preconjures though for many reasons especially because their information is up front. I think preconjure information can be extremely helpful in case someone is interested in a custom conjure of that same spirit or entity.

I'll be honest I tend to not like waiting either lol, so faster binding process is nice. Custom though, there is just something nice about knowing things are tailored to your preferences or a more truer matching to your energy. I have waited 3 months max for a custom and what I got was an amazing writeup and everything, so for me I have learned not to make this a matter of patience or about the money but truly being called to what feels right. There is greater intimacy in that.
"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

LeilaNambinga
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinns
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mystic
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Leila Nambinga
Zodiac:

💖😍Custom Conjured are better I am happy with My Elder Marid Diatma Djinn😍💖
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

It really depends. Sometimes I get a general calling for a race of spirit, like with my purple and orange dragons, and sometimes a prebound will jump out at me yelling for my attention, and then other times I am being called to a specific race but I'll just know it's not a custom and I'll wait until a prebound pops up that I just know was the one calling to me. All in all I'd say my family is half customs and half prebounds.
Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

All my spirits are CC's, with exception of my Vif, she's RA. I only once had a strong calling for a prebound- a female Karkadann. This spirit was in the shop from the moment I discovered it. I kept returning to her listing over and over. She seemed perfect for me, especially because of her dark sense of humour and very sarcastic personality. I was unsure though, if I could handle a spirit like her as a complete newbie, so I decided to wait. She was in the shop the whole time, until after a few months later. That moment I decided I should finally get her- only to realize she got sold in the past 24 hours... \:*
"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member

Hello,
For me, I am ok with both. As long I am comfortable with the listing, it is ok for me.

Return to “General Questions”