⋆。 ☽ 。⋆. SMOKING HERBS (MUGWORT) Experiences

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

Hi guys!

So today I received mugwort, and I thought back to a ton of things I've read about people smoking different herbs like Lavender, Damiana, Mullein, etc.. People usually steep their herbs in teas, incorporate them into their spellwork and magick, or burn incense from these herbs. I read quite a bit about people sprinkling and adding herbs to their joints and bowls, (we're talking weed lol, sorry if you're not into that ♡), and further ventured into things abut people straight up smoking the herbs themselves. It's said Shamans and various indigenous groups would smoke these herbs in ceremony and prayer to induce certain effects. Lot's of people say they smoke Mugwort to induce more lucid dreaming, help with dream recall, relaxation, astral projection, etc. I was wondering if any smokers on the forum have had any experience with this? I've already read posts and threads from other places, including watching videos on people's experiences, but I would really like to hear about anything from my fellow CH fam.

Much love
˚*·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ 

(I'm not trying to promote any drug use)

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I haven't smoked Mugwort, but I use it every so often in tea and can tell you it does for sure have the ability to exponentially enhance and aid in any psychic-related endeavors. It is at times part of my preparation process before I do in-depth divination work.
The key is to ensure you're respecting the power of the herb, and being open to however it wishes to approach you. You may or may not form a connection with it the first time you engage it.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:55 pm I haven't smoked Mugwort, but I use it every so often in tea and can tell you it does for sure have the ability to exponentially enhance and aid in any psychic-related endeavors. It is at times part of my preparation process before I do in-depth divination work.
The key is to ensure you're respecting the power of the herb, and being open to however it wishes to approach you. You may or may not form a connection with it the first time you engage it.
thank you love! Your responses are always so helpful, I appreciate it <3

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
SilentiumBelladonna
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have both smoked and drank mugwort (not at the same time), and the only notable effects I experienced were a slightly more relaxed state and weirder dreams. I don't think that the effects from smoking it were much different than drinking it, though, so which one is better is probably up to personal preference.

If you do decide to use it in either form, just use basic caution when deciding how much to use, as too much of it can be a bad thing.

They/Them | Witch | Druid
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

SilentiumBelladonna wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:59 am I have both smoked and drank mugwort (not at the same time), and the only notable effects I experienced were a slightly more relaxed state and weirder dreams. I don't think that the effects from smoking it were much different than drinking it, though, so which one is better is probably up to personal preference.

If you do decide to use it in either form, just use basic caution when deciding how much to use, as too much of it can be a bad thing.
Thanks for your input! I have two questions.
1. Have you brewed mugwort in a teabag form or just put a however much of a teaspoon in there?

2. Have you found a sweet spot in dosage, whether it be in tea or to smoke, to prevent adverse reactions?

Thank you! (:

Some Spirits in My Keep:
SilentiumBelladonna
new here
new here
Zodiac:

chemtrailchild wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:43 pm
SilentiumBelladonna wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:59 am I have both smoked and drank mugwort (not at the same time), and the only notable effects I experienced were a slightly more relaxed state and weirder dreams. I don't think that the effects from smoking it were much different than drinking it, though, so which one is better is probably up to personal preference.

Thanks for your input! I have two questions.
1. Have you brewed mugwort in a teabag form or just put a however much of a teaspoon in there?

2. Have you found a sweet spot in dosage, whether it be in tea or to smoke, to prevent adverse reactions?

Thank you! (:
In all honesty, I'm not confident enough in my skills to decide the dosage myself, so I just order tea bags. The only thing I use the loose leaves for is herb bags, or putting some in my pillowcase.

I can't remember how much I used when smoking, but we (I was with my friend) went with a small amount since we didn't think it was necessary to use a lot.

The main concern with it is that it contains Thujone.

They/Them | Witch | Druid
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I wouldn't worry too much about the thujone content, it is only truly toxic in excessive amounts and taking it constantly or in excessive amounts would defeat the purpose of its use as it were. Thujone can be found in many kitchen herbs as well.
If you're exposing yourself to an herb for a particular magical, or ritualistic purpose, you need to treat it that way and this negates the level of risk.
If you're experimenting with dosage you won't properly be able to document a distinction unless you pace yourself and carefully observe anyway, again lessening the risk which would come along with someone leaping far bounds between one amount to say 5x that amount.

This said by someone who has pushed boundaries for about a decade with Wormwood (also containing thujone), as well as poisonous plants like Datura, Henbane, Belladonna, etc. in the study of metaphysical plant properties. I'm not a doctor, do not consume those; I mention this only to illustrate there's a certain understanding you develop of the toxicity involved for human beings, the actual relationship dynamic between us and the plant, and where the edge really is.
I've personally found higher dosages to be less effective than a very minute dosage, especially when introducing yourself to a herb this can be the case, but you must allow yourself room to experience it. It seems to me there is more power in timing and care to communicate with the plant, rather than amount consumed/used.

When I take Mugwort in tea, it's about a kitchen teaspoonful. The steeping time makes a difference, don't overdo. You can do it a moderate amount (3 mins) for a very light influence, longer will taste less appetizing but be more potent.
I might ingest it for several days in a row depending on the purpose, but one cup a day and I wouldn't continue this trend beyond that as the whole impact of the Mugwort is lost.
You may also want to align your intake to a particular moon phase mindfully, or generally be taking it with the mentality of what you wish for it to bring you as then the spirit of the plant has a directive and it can elevate the reach of the plant. We can sometimes forget to acknowledge the plant spirit, which is its power and life, and that can lead to a bad result or none at all. Everyone responds a bit differently, but there are ways you can potentially prepare yourself to be more sensitive to the nuances of the herb.

There are varying suggestions which could be made, this is just what I have to contribute. And again, can't speak on smoking it. I've no doubt there are resources out there collecting the experiences of those who do smoke it however.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:55 pm I haven't smoked Mugwort, but I use it every so often in tea and can tell you it does for sure have the ability to exponentially enhance and aid in any psychic-related endeavors. It is at times part of my preparation process before I do in-depth divination work.
I don't smoke anything but like Vipera I have used Mugwort as a tea. Unfortunately, though, it made my teeth extremely sensitive for several days so I don't wish to try it again.

chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I had it last night in a bowl to finally try it out! Now that I have, I'm going to maybe steep some tea closer to the full moon.
I was shocked, it surprisingly felt similar to weed, minus the couch potato feel. I could see this being really effective for my magick and ceremony endeavors at a low dosage, just as Vipera aspis atra wrote. Really does set you in a light trance state and makes your senses more sensitive. Things become more vivid and you feel intuned with your body and your surroundings.

Thank you all for your helpful responses!

Some Spirits in My Keep:
JaycubL
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

I made a big and strong tea from mugwort about a week ago and considered smoking some too but it was strong enough from the tea that I chose not to smoke it. I think I used too much. My intent had been to induce interesting dreams. The effect for me was first of all an unpleasant but not revulsive taste of the tea like eating a pine tree. As the effect came on I felt like cool blood was flowing just under the skin in my arms and neck especially (I felt warm though). I felt a bit "high" similar to a low dose of weed. I went to bed and had dreams but nothing way out of the ordinary, and I woke up with weird smelling sweat on my skin (smell similar to the tea, "fir tree like" to my nose).
Aurum wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:30 am ... it made my teeth extremely sensitive for several days so I don't wish to try it again. ...
I had a few teeth start hurting around the time I tried the mugwort too. I don't know if it is coincidence or not, but now that some time has gone by since then, the tooth pain has subsided mostly...

If I try it again it would be a much smaller dose.

I have acquired dried damiana today so I will report about that on this thread probably within a couple days.

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”