✧・゚: *✧・゚:* New development in meditation *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

Helloooooo again!! *0*
So I've made some posts here inquiring about different methods of meditation and my struggles with it. It's been a long journey of trial and error.

Again, I don't successfully tap into a meditative state unless it's unintentional, like when cleaning, organizing, or copying notes down.

For me personally, I need more of an in-depth and detailed explanation of where this focus in meditation is directed to. I don't know why it's so hard for me to understand.

I'd sit with my eyes closed in a comfortable position and 'focus' on my breath. So i'd just sit with a slow and deep breath while not entering any flow state for an hour or so... I'd sit and breathe for a long time with my eyes closed, trying to visualize a violet or white light, and that would be it. I would, of course, come out of those boring periods relaxed, but simply because I had my eyes closed and didn't do anything for an hour.. lol

So a few days ago, I was in the bath and feeling drained and bored. I thought it was a perfect opportunity to try and approach meditation and experiment on new ways to tap into a receptive state for wisdom, spirits, etc.

So I sat, and I sat, and I sat. Trying to 'focus' on my surroundings, my breathing, the sounds of the water, and nothing, when a new approach came to me.
I tried to 'hold a conversation' with the sound of running water.
Not literally, as if I was expecting the water to say, "what's up! Nice day huh! Smells nice in here." And I'd reply.

It was more like I simulated a fake conversation, and it gives me a different focus.
I'm actually listening to the water, giving it a focus as you would when holding a conversation with someone.

All of my senses thereafter get calmer and I experience a tunnel vision focus.

I actually got some faint flashes of my silver dragon in my minds eye!
Then when I opened my eyes, I physically saw sparks (tiny orbs).
I asked that if it was her to give me some more, and she did!

Lovely experience and I can't wait to keep doing this some more.
Maybe this can help some other people that struggle with meditation.

Much love
*>*

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

chemtrailchild wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:36 pm Helloooooo again!! *0*
So I've made some posts here inquiring about different methods of meditation and my struggles with it. It's been a long journey of trial and error.

Again, I don't successfully tap into a meditative state unless it's unintentional, like when cleaning, organizing, or copying notes down.

For me personally, I need more of an in-depth and detailed explanation of where this focus in meditation is directed to. I don't know why it's so hard for me to understand.

I'd sit with my eyes closed in a comfortable position and 'focus' on my breath. So i'd just sit with a slow and deep breath while not entering any flow state for an hour or so... I'd sit and breathe for a long time with my eyes closed, trying to visualize a violet or white light, and that would be it. I would, of course, come out of those boring periods relaxed, but simply because I had my eyes closed and didn't do anything for an hour.. lol

So a few days ago, I was in the bath and feeling drained and bored. I thought it was a perfect opportunity to try and approach meditation and experiment on new ways to tap into a receptive state for wisdom, spirits, etc.

So I sat, and I sat, and I sat. Trying to 'focus' on my surroundings, my breathing, the sounds of the water, and nothing, when a new approach came to me.
I tried to 'hold a conversation' with the sound of running water.
Not literally, as if I was expecting the water to say, "what's up! Nice day huh! Smells nice in here." And I'd reply.

It was more like I simulated a fake conversation, and it gives me a different focus.
I'm actually listening to the water, giving it a focus as you would when holding a conversation with someone.

All of my senses thereafter get calmer and I experience a tunnel vision focus.

I actually got some faint flashes of my silver dragon in my minds eye!
Then when I opened my eyes, I physically saw sparks (tiny orbs).
I asked that if it was her to give me some more, and she did!

Lovely experience and I can't wait to keep doing this some more.
Maybe this can help some other people that struggle with meditation.

Much love
*>*
||

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
clazzy
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: portal Angelic
If I could be anything, I would be...: DA
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: clazzy
Zodiac:

nice ..
maybe u can try my experiences.
viewtopic.php?f=172&t=79656

hope it suit u

Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

Have you tried it with different sources, or sources of water?

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

clazzy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:07 pm nice ..
maybe u can try my experiences.
viewtopic.php?f=172&t=79656

hope it suit u
I checked it out a bit ago, I'll try them out! Thank you :) <3

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Shaddowpumpkin wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:02 am Have you tried it with different sources, or sources of water?
So far I've tried it with the white noise of my room fan, other white noises in the house, and with my spirit vessels. I lost concentration those times since other things were on my mind or other people have interrupted. Nonetheless, it's still as potent with everything I try, I just have to keep doing it and hopefully not get interrupted by anything.

Only source of water I've done this with has been that running tap in my bath that first time I tried it. I'd like to try it with the running shower. What kinds of water sources would you suggest I try if you have some? I can't think of anything else really, maybe the laundry machine hehe. Oh! Maybe a youtube video of a waterfall or something too perhaps.

I've been caught up in so many earthly duties that I haven't remembered to remind myself to sit down and try this. I will tonight again, maybe with a vessel as I'm in bed.

Some Spirits in My Keep:
clazzy
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: portal Angelic
If I could be anything, I would be...: DA
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: clazzy
Zodiac:

chemtrailchild wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:16 am
Shaddowpumpkin wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:02 am Have you tried it with different sources, or sources of water?
So far I've tried it with the white noise of my room fan, other white noises in the house, and with my spirit vessels. I lost concentration those times since other things were on my mind or other people have interrupted. Nonetheless, it's still as potent with everything I try, I just have to keep doing it and hopefully not get interrupted by anything.

Only source of water I've done this with has been that running tap in my bath that first time I tried it. I'd like to try it with the running shower. What kinds of water sources would you suggest I try if you have some? I can't think of anything else really, maybe the laundry machine hehe. Oh! Maybe a youtube video of a waterfall or something too perhaps.

I've been caught up in so many earthly duties that I haven't remembered to remind myself to sit down and try this. I will tonight again, maybe with a vessel as I'm in bed.
its seems u got more focus on natural sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkLRith2wcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja8pA2B0RR4

maybe u can try this too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KzFe50RQkQ [sound of wind and trees]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiiYMEWKVnY [River + bird]

Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

chemtrailchild wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:16 am

There's a trick you can do to freeze water when you dump it out of a bottle. I don't know what it's called, but it happen fast, and could open other methods.

I like the river at night in the woods myself. I use the noise the water makes and my free flowing thoughts to occasionally combine to make a sound or word I know. Most the time it's like listening to a group of people playing down the river but not much to make out.

Different parts of the ocean

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.
rglloyd
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons (Dergs)
If I could be anything, I would be...: Besen Dergy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Kireen

chemtrailchild wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:36 pm Helloooooo again!! *0*

Hullo,

I generally don't post responses on other's posts around here, because there are those that are very apparently more experienced and better equipped to provide detailed answers on most topics in these forums. However, I've experienced enough in this area to feel confident in replying.

First of all, congrats! That's so awesome. I love the whole idea of using white noise sounds for meditation. I do that too sometimes, but I've never actually tried to converse with an element. That's a novel idea! I'm totally going to give it a go. Thank you for that.

Second, I understand the whole not being able to focus thing. My mind wanders too much sometimes. However, I've gotten past it using a few techniques. I find youtube meditation videos. My favorite are the hypnosis ones that focus on full-body relaxation, but there's a lot that have other specific functions to that may work for your goal. There are different forms of meditation, and if you want some biofeedback that will guide you and boost confidence, then I suggest first learning about your chakras. General placement is enough. Google any basic guide on it, and then visualize the placement of each chakra.

Then tap on those areas where your chakras are located. Tap, apply presure, rub in circles, or whatever to cause a general sensation. You can even pinch the skin a little or press hard enough to leave a lasting mild pain. The point is to draw attention to those areas.

Step 1: Cause sensation in chakra locations.
Step 2: Relax. Listen to a relaxing meditation vid (not watch). The kind that make you feel like your muscles are melting.
Step 3: Listen to a guided, preferably hypnosis, meditation on chakra activation. Clear your mind and focus only on the vid.
Step 4: Play with your chakra sensations. Just focussing on them to increase sensation, then bouncing between them, focus on more than one at a time. Have fun with it. Once you reach a state you can feel the chakras, then you can bring your attention to contemplating them without losing the meditation so easily.

The whole process from start to finish should take one to two hours so set aside some dedicated time. Later on, you'll be able to recall those sensations as an activation for your chakras and effectively shorten meditation times to a few minutes. Like pushing an on button. The chakras will react and you'll have sensation feedback which provides confidence. Do it enough and you can activate your chakras on the fly during everyday life.

You can also slot in any guided meditation vid you want. There's plenty out there for spirit connection and such, just choose one that resonates with you. I always prewatch, at least in part, my vids before meditation to make sure they resonate with me. You might like one persons voice over another. Some vids have background music that is too loud and distracting. Be picky. Good results will depend on attention to detail and knowing what resonates well with you. Then you can que up multiple vids to play one after another. My favorite combo is relaxation, chakra awareness, astral projection, and then kundalini for building energy for spell work.

When you get comfortable with certain types of meditations, then que those vids up first and they will give you an easy segway into the newer, more difficult, or intense stuff. Also, I find recliners and headphones work best. When meditating, focus is key. The only way I can achieve maximum focus is by being comfortable and devoid of distractions. I think you nailed that aspect with the bath meditation though.

Cheers, and don't hesitate to quote me so I get pings if you have specific questions now or anytime in the future.

Have you bathed in the astral sun as a dragon? It's like being massaged with warm buttery cream that soaks in deep and revitalizes everything!
uwu
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

I have an idea- If you don't need to physically see the running water, you can download the sounds of running water (ocean waves, babbling brooks, etc). I don't see why you can't have a "conversation" with those. Just make sure you have headphones on.

I sometimes meditate with ocean waves or new age meditation music, and I find having headphones on helps block ambient noises and helps me focus better.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Return to “Meditation”