You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Helper
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Visioner

I was just wondering Wraith vs DEVIL EATER, which is more Stronger in terms of Defense and Attack? I ask this because Devil Eater is not in the Top Ten spirit for PROTECTION.

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0

Topic moved to suitable section

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Devil Eater.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

I don't have any experience with Wraith or Devil Eater.

But reading the description of them from CH,
Devil Eater
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... RIGUE.html

Wraith
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... STICE.html

I think Devil Eater might be slightly stronger. But honestly, I think either of them is strong in their own ways. Like if you want revenge or justice, then Wraith is for you. I guess it depends on what exactly you need, really.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
Visioner
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Helper
My magical/paranormal name...: Visioner

JenNeutral thanks for your helpful reply.

Rivkin
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Romluek

I own a wraith and I absolutely adore it! It's like an over-protective guard dog on steroids. At least that is the vibe that rolls off it. I can always feel it's presence no matrer where I go and whom I'm with. Maybe it is just coincidence (I believe otherwise based off similar experiences with my wraith) but someone hurt my feelings deeply and that night they hit a deer and totalled their car.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

::bump:: it so its reminds me to reply later on. Meanwhile maybe someone else wil has something to add .

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

Definitely the Devil Eater, and most likely the reason they aren't listed in the spirits for protection could be for a few reasons some of which are included in the CH description about them. One being they are very picky about who they choose to be their keeper, and they need a strong keeper also to enforce rules although I will say that experienced practitioners including CH will make sure that they bind one with your preferences in mind if the devil eater is willing to accept those terms same as with any custom conjure really so don't fear them just because they are DA, by all means if you need to release any companion, it's your journey so I'm not telling you what to do. Just please keep in mind that releasing a companion affects them too

The difference between wraiths & devil eaters from my research plus what I learned here being the length of time conjuration takes & how picky they are too as I said plus the energy signatures sound to me to be stronger than a wraith also. (I'm doing research ahead of time since learning about this companion in case I adopt a Devil Eater later on myself, but right now there's been nothing that suggests I need one yet & I have a prebound CH sylvan companion & a CH victorian ghost on the way to bond with too.) 🌝

When I decided to answer all callings early on in my journey, and began adopting DA companions after being a WA keeper as most know, I began with a Kracken & only fairly recently did I answer the callings for my 3rd & 4th wraith before then adopting the Níđhöggr who as you know gave me it's calling a very long time ago, but I wasn't able to identify that calling as The Níđhöggr until I was ready to adopt it from what I've been told during our meditation sessions so despite my multiple adoptions at once & having the time to closely bond with my entire spirit family, I adopted my krackens, all my vampires, both my black dragons, my non CH snow queen, all my wraiths, both my hellhounds, my hellhorse, hellcat, both xypher's, my ancient bat vampire, my ancient spider vampire, my stryx, crocotta, & fenrir just to name a few in my spirit family before I even considered binding this wonderful dragon Immortal to my spirit.

To conclude, wraiths are very strong yes, but even mine agree that the Devil Eater is stronger than them.

I wish you the best of luck @ASTER & I'll be looking forward to hearing of your experiences with both.

\:*

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

Not @ASTER but @Visioner (my apologies, thank you insomnia, lol saw the "er" part not the rest of your names) however my post applies to both of you & hopefully will help others too❣

\:*

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

The reason why the Devil Eater didn't make it to the top ten list is because it may not be the best option for everyone. As JenNeutral mentioned, the choice between strong protection options depends on individual needs.

Sometimes we may think we need something, like Option A, because we believe it's better for us. However, it's important to consider that what we think we want may not always align with what we actually need. It's wise to consult with your protection team before making any decisions based solely on personal desires.

It's worth noting that not just Devil Eaters, but some other entities as well, may conduct a vetting process on you before deciding on the binding. This is simply a part of their own procedures.

When comparing a Wraith and a Devil Eater, it's important to understand their roles. While a Devil Eater's main job is protection, a Wraith has the additional responsibility of seeking vengeance. If you have malicious ancestors causing trouble, for instance, most races consider them as family and are unable to take action against them. However, a Wraith can help get rid of these troublesome spirits.

In cases where you face a highly powerful entity or a demonic force harassing you, a Wraith may not have the capabilities to banish them, but a Devil Eater can.

In terms of their presence, most custom conjured Wraiths are spirits that will be with you constantly, 24/7. On the other hand, Devil Eaters are living entities whose presence may be less noticeable compared to Wraiths. However, this doesn't mean they are incapable of providing protection. Ultimately, it all comes down to what you truly need.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”