I might have just ran into a Bigfoot

Which legends thrill you? Make you wonder? Shaped your beliefs? We'd love to know!
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hello...
So I already know people are going to say it was just an animal, and that's fine, it totally could have been but this was pretty weird imo and I wanted to publish it somewhere.
So despite me just talking to JenNeutral in another thread about mountain lions... I live up in the woods/mountains and it's 11:00pm here and I forgot to get the mail today and me being me, (adventurous) I, ideally, am not concerned about forest menaces (call me stupid or just a young man, I don't care, Aries son!) so I decided I would take a late night walk to the mailbox.
Our house is off the main road, the mailboxes are of course on the main road, so there's a road from the mailboxes to my house that goes up a hill and at the top of that hill is my neighbors house and then you go down a hill and down that hill is the front gate to my house.
So I went through our front gate and started walking up the hill. I get to the top where my neighbors house is to the left of me and to the right is just empty woods. Just as I pass my neighbors house suddenly I hear in the woods to my right, pretty close to me: I hear leaves move and then I hear STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! like someone walking through leaves. Except this thing sounded HUGEE and it was totally bipedal sounding. Every step was clear and decisive from the next, there was no drag of leaves in-between each step like I assume an animal would make if it was moving. Yes, I know bears walk on two legs sometimes but I can't imagine a bear walking on two legs would make these HUGE sounding steps as well as make steps that are totally clear and decisive from the next. It totally sounded humanoid and again this thing sounded BIG and it's gait sounded BIG.

Now the reason I say it could have been a Bigfoot is because there are actually stories of there being Bigfoot up here where I live!! There are people up here who swear there are Bigfoot like creatures here. I can't recall the exact stories my mom told me, I'll have to ask her again now but there are stories and so this is the reason I'm saying it could have been a Bigfoot, I'm not just saying it willy-nilly.

... Yeah, I let out a big "nope!" in my mind, turned the hell around and walked back to my house and in my mind I was of course asking my spirit friends, who I invited to come with me, "omg, wtf, did you guys just hear that!? wtf???" There is no reason for a human to be out there and besides it sounded way bigger than a human. I just watched videos of bears walking on two legs and their gait looks not only tiny compared to what I heard but also incapable of making loud decisive stomps.
So.. bear or Bigfoot? Idk, but I guess I'm not doing that anymore lol.

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

It could have been a fat bear, or even a big hairy person. Either way, that sounds terrifying!

You are more braver than me to get the mail at night. I would have waited until morning or go with someone to get the mail. I’m a bit paranoid of the dark, you might say. If you ever walk to the mail at night again, maybe record the sound?

Is Bigfoot the only story you hear there or are there more?

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

JenNeutral wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:14 pm It could have been a fat bear, or even a big hairy person. Either way, that sounds terrifying!

You are more braver than me to get the mail at night. I would have waited until morning or go with someone to get the mail. I’m a bit paranoid of the dark, you might say. If you ever walk to the mail at night again, maybe record the sound?

Is Bigfoot the only story you hear there or are there more?
Well I didn't actually see anything, I just heard what it sounded like but I swear this sounded like human steps but a BIG human, i.e. a Bigfoot haha. It was petty freaky, although I was pretty darn calm lol, but if only I had a flashlight! There was lots of moonlight so I could see enough to walk but definitely couldn't see into the forest.

I do want to say it was a bear but I do also want to believe (LOL) it was a Bigfoot since this was a pretty weird encounter! I mean they were stomps! And what with the stories...

Ever since spirit keeping I am 0% afraid of the dark :p) ... Maybe that's not a good thing hahah. I really just wanted to go on a late night walk :p But you're right, if there is a next time, I'll definitely film it!!

The other story isn't supernatural. I guess there's a secret military base up here. People assume it's underground. Every summer you hear loud distant BOOMS echoing through the forest at around the same time everyday. No one knows what it is but we guess they're testing explosives.... But hey I wouldn't be surprised if aliens were up here too :p) I'm sure there's lots of stories I don't know about. I'm sure everywhere around the world has paranormal things that go totally unreported. The world is trippy! lol

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

Hm, I can’t really add much input. But all we know is there is something out there that you should probably avoid and in case of emergency, should probably have a weapon of some sort with you all the time.

Wait, you didn’t bring a flashlight? I got to say, you have bigger balls than me, man. I would bolt it after hearing that sounds. Not getting the mail tonight. But it must be nice to get some moonlight. I heard it’s good for charging up your buddies and maybe cleansing.

I can’t blame you. That would have been a amazing story to tell your buddies at a fireplace.

While your friends is making you fearless, my friends is throwing bugs at me. What the heck? Still love them, though.

Wow, you have very interesting stories. Nobody ever tell me a story as a kid. Guess that’s why my life was pretty boring as a child. I need some excitement in my life, but probably not now, lol. You’re right that the world is a strange place, full of mysteries and food. Which reminds me, I’m pretty hungry, lol.

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

That's an interesting read.

One thing: it sounds like whatever it was wasn't trying to be quiet.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

JenNeutral wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:42 am Hm, I can’t really add much input. But all we know is there is something out there that you should probably avoid and in case of emergency, should probably have a weapon of some sort with you all the time.
Well thinking about it now, if it was Bigfoot he probably wouldn't have hurt me and would have just ran xD Arrg, I wonder what it was! Lol.
But you're probably right :p I just like to think I can run fast *shrugs*
JenNeutral wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:42 am Wait, you didn’t bring a flashlight? I got to say, you have bigger balls than me, man. I would bolt it after hearing that sounds. Not getting the mail tonight. But it must be nice to get some moonlight. I heard it’s good for charging up your buddies and maybe cleansing.

I can’t blame you. That would have been a amazing story to tell your buddies at a fireplace.

While your friends is making you fearless, my friends is throwing bugs at me. What the heck? Still love them, though.

Wow, you have very interesting stories. Nobody ever tell me a story as a kid. Guess that’s why my life was pretty boring as a child. I need some excitement in my life, but probably not now, lol. You’re right that the world is a strange place, full of mysteries and food. Which reminds me, I’m pretty hungry, lol.
Who needs a flashlight when you have the moon! Lol. Yeah I keep forgetting to charge their vessels in the moonlight :p

And lolol!!! xD Don't worry the bug throwing is for a 8*8 ~divine higher purpose~ 8*8 .... I suppose, lol.

Lol! Well enjoy your food!! And maybe find someone to tell you some ghost stories! I know they're out there!!

"It's mee!" - S
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

For all we know, Bigfoot might accidentally stepped on you while running away. He is big, after all. But for now, that will remain a mystery on what exactly it was. I'm not sure how fast you run, but if it's faster than me, then you'll be fine, lol.

Moon can be helpful for some, but it would have been more helpful to have a flashlight when you heard that stomping sounds. Now you will remain in the dark, lol.

Yeah, totally. If they are trying to make me feel less scared of bugs, it ain't working too well.

Thanks. I will probably read some ghost stories online though. Nobody really tell stories anymore and now everything is on the internet.

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

JenNeutral wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:04 pm For all we know, Bigfoot might accidentally stepped on you while running away. He is big, after all. But for now, that will remain a mystery on what exactly it was. I'm not sure how fast you run, but if it's faster than me, then you'll be fine, lol.

Moon can be helpful for some, but it would have been more helpful to have a flashlight when you heard that stomping sounds. Now you will remain in the dark, lol.
NICE PUN JEN UR HILARIOUS I WISH I COULD TYPE LOUDER ABOUT HOW HILARIOUS YOU ARE *irked about not having a flashlight to spot Bigfoot with*
:'D

And lol if he stepped on me and I don't know it then I must be in some kind of limbo... oh man :.? lol

It will remain a mystery....

LazyMasquerade on Youtube has some really good creepy stories if you haven't seen his channel!
JenNeutral wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:04 pm Yeah, totally. If they are trying to make me feel less scared of bugs, it ain't working too well.
*shrugs*

"It's mee!" - S
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

Thank you. I thought my puns was a bit cliche, lol.

Lol. That could happens. Honestly, he must weight a lot to put you in a limbo, lol. I'm not trying to call him fat, but...

Never heard of LadyMasquerade. I will check out her videos, thank you. :)

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

JenNeutral wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:53 pm Thank you. I thought my puns was a bit cliche, lol.

Lol. That could happens. Honestly, he must weight a lot to put you in a limbo, lol. I'm not trying to call him fat, but...

Never heard of LadyMasquerade. I will check out her videos, thank you. :)
Lol

"It's mee!" - S

Return to “Folklore & Legends”