You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I'm curious to know, those who added faes to their spirit family - or better yet - those who exclusively work with faes, what drew you to them?

For some reason, this is one race that never really appeals to me. Maybe I didn't read much on the various clans of faes, but they never seem to come across as "solid" in a specialty. Whenever someone mentions protection, wealth, wishes. aiding in spellcasting, increase sex appeal, etc there's a list of spirits/entities that people recommend besides faes.

on top of that, some of the descriptions seem to include them "prone to playful paranormal activities" which probably code for hiding stuff for laughs. that just comes off as a nuisance to me lol

not being shady, just curious if they would make a solid addition to every spirit family or areas that other races may not be as strong in?

Ainsi sera, groigne qui groigne
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

When it comes to the working with the Fae, especially the more old fashioned Faeries, there are three types of people who fall into it:

1. Arrogant people (people who instigate the Fae and after experiencing something, decide to "work with them" for thrills)

2. Ignorant people (people who think they work with the fae because a binding or a book says so, but Faeries aren't that simple - and never will be)

3. Experienced people (usually with a family history of Faerie-based entity work, knows what an actual Faerie is versus an Elemental and understands customs, what to do and not do, etc. --- highly judgemental of everyone else, and usually for good reason lol)

Personally speaking I don't work with the Fae at this time. Had some run ins as a child, nearly drowned, not a big fan. That stated, I think a lot of sellers - and I mean a LOT of sellers, - misjudge what a Faerie is. The only seller I've seen whose listings look like actual Faerie listings (thus far) is a seller by the name of Devil's Trumpet. They give strong warnings about working with a Faerie and provide lots of knowledge on the being, how to provide offerings, etc without dressing up the Faerie as anything other than what it actually is.

I should also state that I've only ever seen Fae of a dark nature, or morally grey with dark undertones. I've never seen a good Faerie, I don't believe good natured Fae exist. That doesn't mean I think they're evil. I just think they're one of those beings that thrive on chaos and enjoy many things humans might not.

So why would someone work with a Fae?
Sometimes it's familial. Sometimes it's because they resonate with the energy. All Keepers are drawn to different things. Just because i dislike working with angels regularly doesn't mean I discount those who do.

Then again...who knows, maybe those people are secretly a changeling? You'd never be able to tell ~

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie

Muse wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:40 pm When it comes to the working with the Fae, especially the more old fashioned Faeries, there are three types of people who fall into it:

1. Arrogant people (people who instigate the Fae and after experiencing something, decide to "work with them" for thrills)

2. Ignorant people (people who think they work with the fae because a binding or a book says so, but Faeries aren't that simple - and never will be)

3. Experienced people (usually with a family history of Faerie-based entity work, knows what an actual Faerie is versus an Elemental and understands customs, what to do and not do, etc. --- highly judgemental of everyone else, and usually for good reason lol)

Personally speaking I don't work with the Fae at this time. Had some run ins as a child, nearly drowned, not a big fan. That stated, I think a lot of sellers - and I mean a LOT of sellers, - misjudge what a Faerie is. The only seller I've seen whose listings look like actual Faerie listings (thus far) is a seller by the name of Devil's Trumpet. They give strong warnings about working with a Faerie and provide lots of knowledge on the being, how to provide offerings, etc without dressing up the Faerie as anything other than what it actually is.

I should also state that I've only ever seen Fae of a dark nature, or morally grey with dark undertones. I've never seen a good Faerie, I don't believe good natured Fae exist. That doesn't mean I think they're evil. I just think they're one of those beings that thrive on chaos and enjoy many things humans might not.

Sometimes it's familial. Sometimes it's because they resonate with the energy. All Keepers are drawn to different things. Just because i dislike working with angels regularly doesn't mean I discount those who do.

Then again...who knows, maybe those people are secretly a changeling? You'd never be able to tell ~
OMG THIS! The Main reason I don't have more fae in my keep is that most sellers seem to go off the Post- Victorian Era concept of faeries and I have no idea what I'd even be purchasing.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have also had fae in my life as a kid. The fae I had in my life were the kind and gentle kind. The reason I guess was because I had nothing else to turn to other than the spirit world as a kid. I was rejected by the natural world, my parents wanted a boy, I was a girl, etc. I was abused by my parents, the teachers, most grownups. As a result, I turned to my senses and relied upon what the angels brought me to play with. This included fae, unicorn, pegasus, and other light creatures. The arc angel Michael looked over me, and still does to a certain extent. I kind of think he raised me, and nurtured me because my parents made my life a living hell.

Yes, if a fae is mistreated or you tread upon them, intentionally or unintentionally, they can become angry. They will seek revenge, unless you ask forgiveness. I did a few times, and learned to ask forgiveness very quickly. They have feelings and emotions just like humans and other humanoid creatures. They know love and hate.

As Creepy Hollows points out, there are two classes of fae light and dark. Creepy Hollows sells mostly light fae. Some other sellers sell the dark fae, which are tricky and are bad business. I have both here, and both, bound and unbound. The trick to caring for fae is to learn what they need and to address this need.

If they are woodland by nature, they will keep your flowers in bloom and healthy far longer, if they are naturally located near mountains, they would appreciate something that resembles their home, like mountain laurel, etc. Like other types of spirits, bring something that resembles something of their homeland to them. They will appreciate it.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
foxxyeclipse
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Shadow Stitches wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:46 pm
Muse wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:40 pm When it comes to the working with the Fae, especially the more old fashioned Faeries, there are three types of people who fall into it:

OMG THIS! The Main reason I don't have more fae in my keep is that most sellers seem to go off the Post- Victorian Era concept of faeries and I have no idea what I'd even be purchasing.
oh wow, honestly both of your posts disagree with the idea I have of faes - playful, mostly lightnatured, unserious and easy to work with.

foxxyeclipse
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:57 pm I have also had fae in my life as a kid. The fae I had in my life were the kind and gentle kind. The reason I guess was because I had nothing else to turn to other than the spirit world as a kid. I was rejected by the natural world, my parents wanted a boy, I was a girl, etc. I was abused by my parents, the teachers, most grownups. As a result, I turned to my senses and relied upon what the angels brought me to play with. This included fae, unicorn, pegasus, and other light creatures. The arc angel Michael looked over me, and still does to a certain extent. I kind of think he raised me, and nurtured me because my parents made my life a living hell.

Yes, if a fae is mistreated or you tread upon them, intentionally or unintentionally, they can become angry. They will seek revenge, unless you ask forgiveness. I did a few times, and learned to ask forgiveness very quickly. They have feelings and emotions just like humans and other humanoid creatures. They know love and hate.

As Creepy Hollows points out, there are two classes of fae light and dark. Creepy Hollows sells mostly light fae. Some other sellers sell the dark fae, which are tricky and are bad business. I have both here, and both, bound and unbound. The trick to caring for fae is to learn what they need and to address this need.

If they are woodland by nature, they will keep your flowers in bloom and healthy far longer, if they are naturally located near mountains, they would appreciate something that resembles their home, like mountain laurel, etc. Like other types of spirits, bring something that resembles something of their homeland to them. They will appreciate it.
based on your experience working with faes, how do you rate their abilities and willingness to work cooperative with your spirit family to fill roles, eg protection, luck etc.

jonmadden91
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My super power would be...: Super speed

The Fae I in my keep seem willing to work with other spirits in my family. Fairies are my favorite spirt so there's a lot of personal bias here. But from my experience, they seem more willing to work with other spirits. This is probably because I tend to interact with fae more though, so they trust me more, and I feel okay relying on them making the peace with others, tasking them, befriending them etc. Your trust can make them more willing to trust. I'd say treat fae as you treat your favorite white arts spirit. I'm not that experienced with Grey - Very dark arts fae although I do have a few in my keep. I rather not get on their bad side or annoy them which is why my interactions are limited though lol.
Last edited by jonmadden91 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

jonmadden91 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:36 am The Fae I in my keep seem willing to work with other spirits in my family. Fairies are my favorite spirt so there's a lot of personal bias here. But from my experience, they seem more willing to work with other spirits. This is probably because I tend to interact with fae more though, so they trust me more, and I feel okay relying on them making the peace with others, tasking them, befriending them etc. Your trust can make them more willing to trust. I'd say treat fae as you treat your favorite white arts spirit. I'm not that experienced with Grey - Very dark arts fae although I do have a few in my keep. I rather not get on their bad side or annoy them which is why my interactions are limited though lol.
what kind of faeries do you keep? I just recived a rare star fairy . I also ordered intellectual faerie and Waith faerie. I am pretty new to this. I have only angels and Volkh and fylgia. I didn't think faeries are that tricky. Can someone advise me wirh this 3 types, please?

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

My fae will work alongside with most of any of my other spirits. My dark fae work with my darker spirits and my light fae work with my light spirits. All of them enjoy the spring and summer here because of the foliage that we plant here. Because of the fae, the plants do better here, and the hummingirds and butterflies are coming back.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

Hey!
I'm a newbie but what drew me to them is that I guess I've been drawn to them my whole life even if I never really consciously knew it growing up. I'm a guy, and before I actually learned about faeries as an adult I was only familiar with the stereotypical fairies, which stereotypically, fairies are girly and for girls and not for guys. Hence from the stigma, I never looked into learning about fairies. But I always felt drawn to them, same deal with Unicorns.
I love nature and associate them with nature and that's why I'm drawn to them. Something unexplainable about them is just alluring to me. Plus there is so much cool and interesting folklore surrounding them, I just think it's awesome and enjoy all of those stories. I feel they have a lot of magick to them, and I'm drawn to it. And I always found faerie statues and pictures beautiful.

Again I'm a newbie and I only have a Butterfly Faery and a Woodland Faery in my keep, so I really don't have much experience with them, but I have to say I honestly believe EVERYONE should have a Butterfly Faery in their keep! Mine has made me feel so much happiness and good about myself and on top of that, his ability to heal me and take away pain in my body is incredible. He can literally take away pain practically instantly. I've had amazing dreams from him, and feel some of the most sincere true friendship from him. A Butterfly Faery, from my personal experience, is definitely one that will make a solid addition to your spirit family. I'm pretty sure R would follow me to hell and back if I asked him to. Or at least that's how he makes me feel from all his generosity. And actually, in fact, the description I have of him states "he will not mislead you".
Now please excuse me while I go and cry lol.

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S

Return to “Faery”