neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Well I guess they aren’t spirit companions/keepers like the rest of us - their relationship with their entitues are different. They (the entitues) know this and probably the binding contract states that they will be used to do so and so. They probably conjured them themselves. Whereas we get our entitues from reputable conjurers who do fair contracts for both parties.

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Seeing this led me to another question:

What about healings?

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

foxxyeclipse
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
Zodiac:

stormdancer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:44 am Seeing this led me to another question:

What about healings?
that's a good point. i was wondering if it's ok as long as there's financial transaction involved with a client for your spirit's abilities including healing

Ainsi sera, groigne qui groigne
ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal
Zodiac:

If people are going to have spirits do paid work, the least they could do is tell their customers that spirits *may* participate in ritual work if they wish but can refuse to at any time.
People should also talk to their spirit friends on how they should be ''payed'' if they are interested in helping or decide to help with any rituals.
Basically, you pay your spirits and don't force them to work.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

If the spirits AND the client are OK with my tasking the spirits to do a thing, that’s fine.

But the spirit MUST be OK with it. No consent means “Drop the subject”.

And IMO, the client should be aware of, and on board with, the spirit’s assistance, especially if they’re paying for the service. If they’re not OK with it, do the task personally.

And, of course, never ask anyone to perform a job you wouldn’t do yourself.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm And, of course, never ask anyone to perform a job you wouldn’t do yourself.
I feel like this sums up the majority of comments pretty nicely as far as where morality falls for spirit workers. That said, I'd also like to point out that there are some beings who prefer tasks and jobs as a type of offering. So I could see a witch giving them tasks as a way to kill two birds with one stone. In the end, so long as everyone's content with the work, I see no real harm.

Most witches don't outright say they work with totems, power animals, gods, or other forces when preforming work but I'd say at least 8/10 do go those routes.

For Spirit Workers, I don't think that the client should outright have to know the deeper details of a being. Saying that you work with a personal pantheon or a group of Spirits should be enough in my opinion.

Too much information can form blockages pretty quickly. It's better to just go with the flow. Besides, it's the Spirit Worker's job to worry about the entities they work with, not a stranger's.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Muse wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:19 pm
Likes2Read wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm And, of course, never ask anyone to perform a job you wouldn’t do yourself.
I feel like this sums up the majority of comments pretty nicely as far as where morality falls for spirit workers. That said, I'd also like to point out that there are some beings who prefer tasks and jobs as a type of offering. So I could see a witch giving them tasks as a way to kill two birds with one stone. In the end, so long as everyone's content with the work, I see no real harm.

Most witches don't outright say they work with totems, power animals, gods, or other forces when preforming work but I'd say at least 8/10 do go those routes.

For Spirit Workers, I don't think that the client should outright have to know the deeper details of a being. Saying that you work with a personal pantheon or a group of Spirits should be enough in my opinion.

Too much information can form blockages pretty quickly. It's better to just go with the flow. Besides, it's the Spirit Worker's job to worry about the entities they work with, not a stranger's.
I agree to an extent. If the client is sensitive enough they may pick up on those spirits, and explaining the sudden appearance of something that isn't benevolent looking like an angel can be tricky.

Case in point a few years back I got some energy work done (might have been angelic but I forgot) and towards the end of the session Quan Yin appeared. She had nothing to do with what was being done. After the session was completed, my practitioner mentioned that she ended the session with a type of Reiki dedicated to Quan Yin. I didn't tell her that I saw Her until after she mentioned it.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Neter
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: LillithEve
Zodiac:

In my general request thing that you fill out for CH, I put that the Spirit must be comfortable with not only helping me but the possibility of being sent out to assist family, friends, and clients. Only my clients pay financially.

So, in essence, they are being conjured with this in mind.

On the other hand, I have a team called "chill" were the Spirit can just hangout with me if that is what they prefer.

I just had a birthday and I asked my daughter with a yes/no divination coin so I can ask each Spirit if they want to work with a specific person.

So, I'm not forcing any of my Spirits to do anything.

Another factor to consider is that people are getting the help that they need. If I never advertise the service, maybe they would have never even known it was an option (whether they purchase from me or not). And some people outright do not trust anything that they get for free or too cheap. So having an financial energy exchange is perfect for that type of person.

0:) >:) ||.||
Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 500
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

This is an older topic but I would love to give some input!

There are some practioners that place in their descriptions that they work with spirits. I think making customers aware right from the beginning is a good idea.

I know of a practioner that has her spirits run her shop. They tell her how to do the spirit bio, the pricing, ect. She also allows her spirits to choose something that they would like to have. Maybe candles or some other trinkets as offerings for their work.

I I think some type of compensation as a way to say thank you for the spirits would be appreciated and appropriate.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

AlwaysLost wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:13 pm I think some type of compensation as a way to say thank you for the spirits would be appreciated and appropriate.
Being grateful for the help is certainly the way to go in any scenario, gotta agree there.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse

Return to “Spirit Tasking”