The Spirit Keeping Journey of Stargazerjournal

jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

stargazerjournal wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:07 pm Sorry I didn't reply, guys, I didn't realize you had posted!

jezebela you probably won't see this because I don't know how to tag you, but yes, I have found working with Thoth's vessel to be useful. To be honest, I've never felt much in the way of warmth or tingling from it like I sometimes get from spirited vessels... And I've certainly never gotten any telepathic impressions from it. But every once in a while it seems to put me in a writing 'trance' when I'm working on something really important. Then the words just come to me, and flow like water. Or maybe lava would be a better comparison, lol. I wear it a lot when I'm writing and I expect to bond with it even further and get more distinct results as time goes on.

thanks for sharing!

it's interesting to know your experience! so now, i don't feel intimidated of getting a thoth portal too. but then the headache now is the delivery fee because i don't want to bind to spirit, but ..... other sellers are very expensive and not as responsive as CH.

so i might just wait for other CH's promo to tempt me to order.

I really like reading your interactions with your spirit family. I hope mine will be as warm and merry as yours.

Looking forward to your updates!! I mean the ones that you are okay-ed to share like the hellhounds! Sounds lovely!

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hello again!

I ordered and received many new spirits from CH a while ago. About $250 worth during one of their big sales. I got a bunch of C4s, just because I have been having lots of interaction with my Dullahan and I couldn't afford a higher-class binding of these particular spirits. Now I feel guilty because I can't see how CH could possibly have made any money off of my order with how nice the vessels they sent me were... but I guess it is their business, lol!

I could give you a ton of updates, but I'll just stick to the most vivid stuff. In order to bond with my new spirits, I spent a day wearing each one's vessel and also dedicated half an hour to meditating on each one. Some of them, I think I talked their ears off, lol!

Before I want to get to the new spirits, I want to mention something that happened with the Thoth portal. I was reading a thread about these kinds of vessels and it turns out that they are very much like having a spirit of the Immortal with you - they are present as an actual personality, just like any other spirit. I felt a little weirded out by that because I'd never interacted with the ring as though it was an actual personality - just asked it to help my writing every now and again.

A little while later I had reason to contact the god Thoth with a question. So I laid down to meditate with his vessel. I wasn't expecting much, but I instantly as soon as I closed my eyes saw him standing over me. Like he'd been there the whole time and was just waiting for me to realize it.

I said "Hi" and tried not to be too embarrassed. Then I asked my question. He seemed amused by the whole thing.

Of course, I've known him my whole life. You can't dedicate your sense of self and whole life to writing without running into him, it seems.

I also have this one protection spirit. He was the most expensive conjuration I got. I won't tell you what he is, but let me tell you something - his presence is WOW. He is just as strong as my unbound incubus. I actually had to tell him to tone it down when he was with me on his bonding day, because he was making me feel like I should go out and fight lions or something. He is a warrior through and through and his presence alone makes me feel invincible. I feel a hellofalot safer with him around. He has put me at ease. I tasked him with enforcing my house rules and asked him if he could do that. He gave me the impression that "it would be like babysitting" and "he wanted something tougher to do". He is STRONG. And yes, even my unruly unbound incubus obeys the house rules now. I don't want to go headlong into trouble but I do feel much more confident with him around. He is also teaching me some leadership qualities that will be useful at work!

I got C4 Einherjar that I tasked with protecting me in the physical realm (basically making sure I keep fit... I don't think he could head off an actual physical assault, though I could be wrong). Despite being C4 he is super active, especially when I am wearing his vessel. He keeps giving me pointers on defense. I think he might be one of my ancestors! Or at least a distant relative. I think he has been dead for a long time because I had to explain to him what Christianity was and why so many people wear crosses instead of hammers for protection. He also seemed super impressed that I have grapes for breakfast so often. When I did some research, I found out that Vikings really valued grapes and you had to be really rich to be able to afford wine.

Folks, if all you can afford is a C4, buy the C4. In my experience the spirits will still be active. It will not be like having a pretty vessel with no spirit in it. I have several C4s now and I have confirmed this. I still prefer C5T3 but if you can only afford the lower class bindings you will still get what you need.

I also got an Eronal Muse. She seems to be my shyest spirit - I've gotten distant glimpses of her a few times (she is gorgeous) but she seems to want to take things slow. I am game for that! My spouse asked me why I was being so patient with her and I said "I have the rest of my life to bond with her. She can take her time." Later this month I hope to have her help with writing some stories. But that will be up to her.

Thanks for reading!

Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

Thank you for your journals! I think it's beautiful. I need to start to journal again. It's been a while and I'm out of practice. I've been reading but haven't responded until now. I guess I just wanted to let you know that I am here lol.

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

Metheus North, thank you for letting me know you enjoyed my stories! It always helps me stay motivated to write if someone is reading. 8))

This morning I had an eerie feeling. I just knew somehow that if I wore my Minifis's vessel, I would see a deer on my daily walk in the woods.

She's normally not one of the spirits I spend the most time with, but I thought, Sure, why not? So I put her vessel on and went for my walk.

In the meadow behind my house, I saw a doe deer. Quite a large one. As soon as she spotted me, she ran away, but I got a really good up-close look at her. She was beautiful. And looked quite healthy.

Back when I was first bonding with my Minifis, I took her for a walk in the woods and saw a bluejay. Bluejays are some of my favorite animals ever! It hopped around on the ground about 10 feet away from me, singing and calling. It was there for quite some time before eventually flying away.

I think my Minifis has been showing me these things just so that I know she is there. I don't seem to see animals in the woods when I don't wear her vessel, but when I do there's usually something.

My unbound incubus still makes me wonder sometimes. I have thought - "Is he Dark Arts, or Black Arts?" He can be extremely hard to control. I don't entirely like the idea of controlling him - he is an adult, responsible for his own actions. But he can be trouble...

Lately I have been wearing my strong protective spirit's vessel 24-7. It's not necessarily that I want to have a closer bond with him or anything; I just like that he makes me feel safe. I think if anything malicious came towards me, he would deal with it immediately. He is a tough guy.

Anyway, a few days ago I was thinking about protective spells and spirits, and wondering whether there was anything I could do to bolster my defenses, and whether or not there was any way I could create protection that would last into my next life. I was wearing the strong protective spirit's vessel. I quite clearly felt "him" say to me "I will always be there to protect you," in a tone that had this... implication under it. Like he meant to say "I love you" but didn't want to flat-out say it.

I was shocked. We have only known each other for like, a month! And besides, when I ordered him the page for his race said nothing whatsoever about romantic interactions with their keepers.

I thought about it for a while, and then decided it had been my unbound incubus imitating him to mess with my head. So I explained to my protective spirit what had happened, and how I felt about it, and then said, "I need you to confirm for me that you don't have feelings for me." Instantly he said "I have things I need to deal with in the spirit world. We'll talk later." (It was more of an impression, but if I had to put it into words, that's what he said.) I was like, "Dude, that's not a yes or a no." But I didn't bother him any further.

It's been several days and apparently he is still busy because I haven't heard from him, despite trying to talk to him.

Anyway, as a result of this incident, I have now instated a house rule that says "No imitating other spirits or trying to deceive your keeper about your identity."

I can't guarantee it wasn't him, but I think it probably wasn't.

As a result of this I have been thinking again about whether or not I should banish my unbound incubus. I love him dearly, but he can be a pain in the ____ sometimes. He can cause so much trouble! It's like he just has to lie all the time. He acts rough with me when I know it's him, and will only say he loves me if he's pretending to be someone else.

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

So I haven't posted in, like, seven months.

Part of the reason for this is that I've been very sick since January. :..( My doctors are working on it, but for right now it's just something I have to tolerate until next year. I am getting palliative care. Next year I will have to have at least one surgery.

I've been feeling down and tired a lot, and haven't had much time for my spirit friends. But they're still around!

My garden elf has been a really good friend. I find that with her around, my plants survive better (and I seem to know what plants will do best where). I've lost some herbs in the past couple of weeks because they I bought them in pots that were too small for them and I haven't felt well enough to water or re-plant them. But everything else - my flowers and ferns - are doing great! This is a big change for me. Being sick all the time makes it very hard for me to care for my plants.

The garden elf is interesting because she and I seem to have this kind of understanding. I don't ask her for help, as such, and I never say "thank you" because she is fae, but she frequently makes little suggestions and nudges me in certain directions. Whenever she does, it always works out. I bought packs of pink and blue flowers several months ago that were due to be planted in the beginning of June, and they did indeed get planted in my outside garden. They are growing super fast! But no blooms yet. Not for several months, I imagine. I hope the flowers will blossom around my wedding anniversary in August.

She did once tell me that a particular kind of large pink flower would look nice in my garden, but I didn't buy it because it was way over my budget. She seems to love pink and purple flowers. I think they are her favorite!

I continue to dream about my Dullahan. He remains an active spirit. He is still protecting my house and all its inhabitants, which was the first task I ever assigned him to. Sometimes I dream I see him standing by the door, keeping guard.

My "strong protective spirit", A, must have a lot to do in the spirit world, because I haven't heard from him since then. I think he's still around though. I've read enough about spirit keeping to know that just because you haven't heard from a spirit in a while doesn't mean you've been abandoned.

A thing happened that surprised me. One of us (either my spouse or I, I don't want to say which and reveal gender) is pregnant. My two incubi refused to touch me during the first two months! Fortunately, they are back now. They have been for about a week. I am not sure what that was about - did they maybe think it would be dangerous for the baby?

My Einherjar likes to accompany me to work. He's really funny. He teases me a lot - says things that could be interpreted as mean but they make me laugh. He's really very interested in what happened to the Vikings and where their descendants are now. There are a few heathens (Asatru?) who shop where I work, so I am always happy to point them out to him. It's not my faith but I do support it. I'm a polytheist, so I'm convinced the Viking gods are real. Really, he's a great spirit and I'd recommend Einherjar to anyone. Sometimes he makes more sense than the others because he's still very human. He's good company (and he makes sure I get my exercise).

I have been trying a lot to try to get in touch with my Eronal Muse. So far, she still seems very distant... Given the description CH sent me of her, I'm not sure if that's because she's shy or if it's because she just wants me to try harder. Probably the latter. I am at least putting pen to paper every day to try to stay in touch with her and my art.

I will be adding a few more spirits to my family as soon as I can afford it. Probably after I get my next paycheck. The discounts this week are very tempting! I'm planning on a Harpy, and maybe an Amphisbaena. I think I got called by a Harpy because I just could not stop thinking about harpies until I promised to get one as soon as I could afford it. Then, the sense of being "pulled" in that direction stopped.

My phoenix has been helping me a lot too, for obvious reasons. I think it's at least partly due to her that I feel well enough to work. She has spent some time soothing me and telling me I will get past my illness eventually. I have been really worried.

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

So I ordered the harpy and the amphisbaena today! I unexpectedly wound up resolving one of my huge financial issues today and it turned out I had enough money in the bank to order some things from CH. I also got a spell to allow time travel on the astral plain - I have no idea why. I just saw the listing and felt drawn to it.

So now the waiting begins. The nerves, where I want my spirits to arrive today but they won't be here for a couple of weeks. I will just have to be patient!

Today I had to go into the hospital for some tests. I asked my storm dragon to accompany me since he is helping me with a story I'm writing, and I think he did because it rained on the entire hour-long drive! The news said there was only a 50% chance of rain today. You could blame it on the spirit, or not. I think it was the spirit.

Of course, one of the reasons I got a storm dragon is because I love rain. I've asked him to provide rainwater before when I needed some for a spell, and he did. I don't know exactly how large an area of land he's able to influence, though. I don't ask for rain often because I don't want to inconvenience anyone or cause any problems. I know "bad" weather can be dangerous.

I should mention here that I've been doing a lot of work this year with the goddess Tiamat. I asked her to help with my finances and I'm pretty sure she did. She gave me instructions for a spell to use, and it took about a month for it to work, but... work it did. Credit where credit is due: Tiamat helped me. I am still in debt, but I am now at a point where I am going to be okay.

Still no sign of the muse. I think if I tried meditating with her, I would get farther than I am with just talking to her. It's hard but I'm resolved to be patient.

My unbound incubus has been an absolute sweetheart lately. I am not sure what is going on with him; he's usually kind of harsh. Of course, whenever he and I engage in adult fun time, my bound incubus joins in. This is a recipe for a very satisfying life.

I'm kind of thinking about getting a few more incubi or succubi (or maybe a cambion?) at some point. I'm trying to break into the adult fiction genre, and I think they could be very helpful with that. But I don't know; I'm sentimental. I'd rather not get a sexual spirit bound if I didn't feel like there was going to be some kind of emotional investment there. I'd rather wait until one called to me. Does anyone have an opinion on whether it's better to wait until you're called, or just go ahead and order the conjuration?

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

stargazerjournal wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:56 pm I'm kind of thinking about getting a few more incubi or succubi (or maybe a cambion?) at some point. I'm trying to break into the adult fiction genre, and I think they could be very helpful with that. But I don't know; I'm sentimental. I'd rather not get a sexual spirit bound if I didn't feel like there was going to be some kind of emotional investment there. I'd rather wait until one called to me. Does anyone have an opinion on whether it's better to wait until you're called, or just go ahead and order the conjuration?
I can only speak for myself, as I have a Living Entity Incubus and that's quite different to a spirit. Personally I wouldn't get another one unless I would feel a definite calling. But that's totally up to you. Trust your gut feeling.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

So I've had an interesting day. In the afternoon, I had this weird feeling - like I was very confident and powerful and could do things and make big decisions that would impact my future. Also like I could choose how I was treated, and I can stand up to bullies. I don't usually feel like this... I've been told at work that my biggest problem is my lack of confidence. (I get this same review every year.)

I told my spouse, "I think they are binding my harpy today," because the energy I was feeling was very intense and strong. Of course, my spouse just thought I was being silly. It definitely felt like something new and different.

Sure enough, when I went to check my order status in the evening, it was completed! My harpy's description is there, and it says she can help me with confidence and power! I am absolutely convinced that it was her, making herself known before her vessel even gets here.
Thyr wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:03 pm I can only speak for myself, as I have a Living Entity Incubus and that's quite different to a spirit. Personally I wouldn't get another one unless I would feel a definite calling. But that's totally up to you. Trust your gut feeling.
On the subject of being called by spirits, Thyr, I appreciate your insight. For some reason, for me, the spirits that have actively called out to me before I ordered their bindings are always stronger and more active than the ones I order on my own. My Einherjar is only a Class 4 binding but he is super strong and always there when I need him. He also manifests a lot. I also tend to have closer relationships with the spirits I've been called by, especially at first. My Asian Djinn and Hellhound are like my best friends.

My hellhound appeared in my dreams a lot for several months before I finally gave in and ordered her. Every time I fell asleep, there was always this dog around. She kept telling me how much she liked me and wanted to protect me and be a part of my family. She was my first CH spirit so I wasn't sure the same spirit would come through to be bound, but it turned out she did. I didn't even have to tell CH about her - somehow, I wound up with the right one anyway! She was also one that manifested before her vessel got here.

I find the different energies from different spirits to be quite addictive. I like how they can make me feel different things whenever I am close to their different vessels. My Minifis in particular always makes me feel more compassionate - I see the world as a more sacred place when she's there. I appreciate animals and nature more. I haven't worked with her super closely on any projects yet, but she is really the spirit that convinced me that I am compatible with WA energy after all. (I was afraid that WA entities wouldn't like me, because I can be very dark.)

My Amphisbaena is also an interesting subject. I ordered one because (1) I could really use a larger healing crew since I have a chronic illness right now, and (2) someone in my household is pregnant. After I got the completed order notice, I reached out and told the Amphisbaena that if he is there, I could really use his help, and told him about all of my problems. I apologized for tasking him before his vessel even gets here. I don't think he minded, though, because after I fell asleep, I had like five mini-dreams he appeared in! It's always great when you get confirmation from a spirit that they are there. 8)) I unfortunately do not remember the dreams very clearly. In one of them I was in a temple of some kind, sitting down on a marble-tiled floor, and the Amphisbaena was coiled up in my lap. I think he (or she) is ready to work!

I have a lot more to say. I particularly want to do a post on Tiamat and my witchcraft practices, which are tangentially related to my spirit-keeping. But for right now, I think this is enough. I don't want to post too big a wall of text!

Thank you for reading. :8)

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

Guys! Guys! Guys! I got a red card!

Oh gosh I am so excited. It has lots of discounts and special gifts. I have to claim all of them by the end of 2022 though. So, I guess I have more shopping to do.

One of the things I'm planning on doing is using a discount code so I can finally afford an Egyptian Priestess spirit. I've wanted one for years, but I've never been able to afford her. Technically, she was the first spirit that I wanted to get. Her conjuration is around $200. Normally, even with the discount I still wouldn't be able to afford her, but this week I am getting almost $100 in free groceries from my store. So, I will have the money in the bank! I hope I can order her on Wednesday or Thursday.

I also got my harpy and my amphisbaena in the mail the day before yesterday. Their vessels are gorgeous, but the bracelet that the harpy is in is about 1/4th of an inch too small for my wrist! Fortunately, I have a necklace extender that I can just hook it to, so for now she is a necklace. Later I will buy a bracelet extender. She is probably in the most expensive vessel I have, as it is a real silver bracelet!

I meditated with my harpy a bit this morning to try to establish communication, but I couldn't get through to her as my unbound incubus was feeling playful and kept distracting me. Sometimes he gets jealous when I get new spirits. Usually, he calms down after a week or so.

Now, there are some things I said I would talk about last time, so here goes. I am spending this year studying Chaos magic. Tiamat is my goddess during this time. For me, she is an embodiment of primeval Chaos. She has turned out to be a very strong force to work with, though I think she views me as a bit flighty. I also seem to have an easier time working with her because she is not strictly heteronormative - a lot of the sources I've used view Leviathan as one of her alternate faces, and he's male.

The only thing she asked for in return for her help is that I use her name and acknowledge her in public. It's a fair trade, because she's phenomenal to work with. I've done a lot of cleansings and some cord-cuttings with her. I have also asked for her help with my finances, as mentioned earlier.

Before her, I was strongly attached to a goddess and god that I read about in a book by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Then I found out about the things she'd been accused of, and... Yeah. I'm still not sure how I feel about those particular deities now. I know it's a "guilt by association" thing but I am still very uncomfortable working with them.

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

It's been an interesting few days. On the subject of spirit callings, I think I had two more of them. I was only planning on getting the priestess, but a few other spirits hitched a ride on my order too...

First, I had a vision of a cloaked figure that was trying to get my attention as I was falling asleep. I had no idea who or what this figure was. I tried asking them - are you a reaper? Are you a Gregori watcher? The answer I got was that it was a wraith. Now, I have been on the forums for a while, but I don't remember every single spirit Creepy Hollows sells. I thought, what the heck is a wraith? Is that even a thing? Is that something Creepy Hollows even conjures?

I took a few days to think about it. Then, I finally just searched "wraith" in the shop. Turns out, they're a strong protective spirit that tends to be vengeance driven. Now, I don't know that I need any vengeance, but another protective spirit is always welcome. So, I ordered their conjuration along with the priestess. (About half my keep is protective spirits! I love that they always make me feel safe. It's something I need.)

Then I was poking through the listings just to see what else might interest me. I was planning on buying another order next month. I was drawn to the pre-bound Domovoi listings, though I didn't know why. What kind of spirit is that? What do they do? Turns out they are little prankster kitty spirits.

There were two pre-bound Domovoi listed. Now, I have never bought pre-bounds. I have always intended on never buying a pre-bound. Still, for some reason I felt drawn to them. I read the description of the first one, and just wasn't interested. I decided, no. So, I kind of ignored them and spent the rest of my shopping time looking at spells.

Then last night, I had a dream. I was talking to someone in my living room about how I was planning on buying a Domovoi (which I definitely wasn't, consciously). They wanted to know what it was so I told them it was this little magical jewelry piece that comes with a spirit in it, and the spirit will protect your house. The other person just looked at me like I had lost my mind. Then, suddenly, there was this noise, and a huge red horse ran into the living room through the front door!

I recognized him, although I'd never seen him before. He was my headless horseman's horse. The horseman had described him to me before when I'd asked.

The horse looked rather nonplussed at finding himself in a living room. The other person and I had to band together to try to herd him outside, but while we were doing that, about five cows ran in! It was pandemonium. There was mooing everywhere. There was cow poop. It took us a long time to get all the animals outside.

When we finally did, I started to wake up. Just before I was fully awake, I felt a cat's paw touch my face. I could feel the fur and the little toe-beans and everything.

I thought, I've been pranked.

So of course, the first thing I did that morning was take another look at the Domovoi listings.

The first one still didn't interest me, but this time I read the second one too, and she was perfect for me. A fun troublemaker who likes to help with dark magic spells! Her vessel was also a gemstone bracelet, which is my #1 favorite vessel. I spent about an hour debating with myself as to whether or not I should wait until next month like I'd planned... but I just couldn't. I ordered her.

Now I hope that my order goes through and she will be with me before next month, lol. 8))

Return to “Spirit Keeping”