Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

I am glad you mentioned the 'thank you' in relation to the fae, and your own experiences. While my mother hammered it into me to be polite and say please and thank you, I absolutely HATE being thanked. I'm like you; I'd prefer to never be thanked, I get super uncomfortable.

Heck, I even get embarrassed when I get a gift for my companions. I sorta toss it at them and go "This is for you! Love you!" and run, lol.

I've suspected my mother is of Fae ancestry so I wonder... HMMM. Interesting food for thought!
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion

cndrow wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:10 pm Heck, I even get embarrassed when I get a gift for my companions. I sorta toss it at them and go "This is for you! Love you!" and run, lol.
Yeah, I've wondered about the ancestry thing myself. Someday I will be able to afford the "Anything In Your Blood" reading! And... I'm pretty much this exact same way about gifts. 8))

Yesterday I ordered an "Unbounds Around You" reading, and a spirit bio on one of my spirits. I also got a couple of freebies. I am really looking forward to the Joy Stone, I think I could use it. 8)) It will be nice to have a reason to be happy again... Although my Arkan Sonney is already helping with that!

I am so excited about these readings! I hope the spirit I got the bio of does not mind answering the questions, he is very private so I hope I am not being too intrusive. :( But we have known each other for quite a while now, so hopefully he is okay with it. I did tell him to expect the reading, and he just asked me what sort of things I wanted to know.

As for the "Unbounds Around You"... I have been sensing some weird energy lately. I don't know what it is. I have a few guesses, but I couldn't think of what to say to CH in the notes! All I know is, I offered the spirit/energy a potato chip, and then accidentally ate said potato chip a few minutes later, and it was one of the most disgusting experiences of my life! The potato chip tasted like it had been left sitting out in a tomb for a couple of hundred years. It was gross! Normally, when I give my spirits offerings, I consume all or part of the offering afterwards, out of respect to the earth so that the food doesn't go to waste. The spirits just get the first taste. But I think I will stop doing that now. I know different traditions differ on what to do with an offering, but... I certainly don't want to have that experience again!
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

cndrow wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:10 pm I am glad you mentioned the 'thank you' in relation to the fae, and your own experiences. While my mother hammered it into me to be polite and say please and thank you, I absolutely HATE being thanked. I'm like you; I'd prefer to never be thanked, I get super uncomfortable.

Heck, I even get embarrassed when I get a gift for my companions. I sorta toss it at them and go "This is for you! Love you!" and run, lol.

I've suspected my mother is of Fae ancestry so I wonder... HMMM. Interesting food for thought!
Isn't it a quirky and amusing experience when we feel a bit embarrassed upon receiving someone's heartfelt thanks? This odd sensation could come from a mix of reasons, like not being used to compliments, questioning if we truly deserve the praise, or just being unsure of how to respond in the best way. I got all of the above. Lol.

I work in public service, so after about 13k thank yous, I get used to it and no longer feel embarrassed by the attention. Let's not forget that gratitude is a sincere expression of appreciation, and by embracing these delightful and awkward instances, we can enhance our personal growth and deepen our bonds with others. So, let's celebrate these warm, fuzzy, and embarrassing moments! Lol.
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:13 pm
cndrow wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:10 pm I am glad you mentioned the 'thank you' in relation to the fae, and your own experiences. While my mother hammered it into me to be polite and say please and thank you, I absolutely HATE being thanked. I'm like you; I'd prefer to never be thanked, I get super uncomfortable.

Isn't it a quirky and amusing experience when we feel a bit embarrassed upon receiving someone's heartfelt thanks? This odd sensation could come from a mix of reasons, like not being used to compliments, questioning if we truly deserve the praise, or just being unsure of how to respond in the best way. I got all of the above. Lol.

I work in public service, so after about 13k thank yous, I get used to it and no longer feel embarrassed by the attention. Let's not forget that gratitude is a sincere expression of appreciation, and by embracing these delightful and awkward instances, we can enhance our personal growth and deepen our bonds with others. So, let's celebrate these warm, fuzzy, and embarrassing moments! Lol.
I could not agree with you more!!!

One of the (many) lessons my companions are teaching me, in all their unique ways, is to *accept* gratitude with grace. By not doing that, it can actually be a little… rude.

I know a part of my Shadow Self is uncomfortable with received gratitude because it wonders if we’re worth it. So it’s an ongoing journey to learn to gracefully accept it.

But the Fae thing also totally makes sense too :) haha!
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

So... yesterday was the night of the new moon, as well as a day with a solar eclipse! I decided to celebrate. I have been feeling very connected with the moon lately, ever since I decided to start working more closely with my Amarok, and activated a freebie lunar alignment spell I got from CH.

I also have been introduced to a new goddess - Hekate. She is not strictly a moon goddess, but she is a night & darkness goddess. One of the other deities I was working with introduced me to her. I have heard of her before, but felt very intimidated after hearing that she is a dark witchcraft goddess, so I have basically been avoiding her. Lol. :] But she showed up pretty strongly for me, and I actually wound up acquiring a black dog puppy that I think will become my familiar! Dogs are associated with Hekate (and I think black dogs in particular). According to my recent research, Hekate is more likely to call to witches who are intimidated by her...
So, needless to say, I had a lot to celebrate.

As part of my preparation for the new moon rites, I dyed my hair the night before. It was supposed to be purple according to the box of dye I bought, but it came out black!

I set most of my dark arts vessels & darker crystals outside in a box to cleanse & charge for four hours during the new moon night! I think most of my DA spirits loved it. I know I did - the dark energy made me feel giddy & sleepless all night. I know a lot of witches say that the full moon does that to them, but apparently for me it's the new moon... not surprised. Lol. :] I also left out an offering of wine to Hekate, which I think is important. I don't want to ask gods to help and then just... not acknowledge it. Seems like a bad way to deal with the other realm to me. I of course used Pinot Noir. I didn't get to leave it at a crossroads, though - I forget that detail. :( It just wound up on my kitchen counter!

I asked Hekate to bless and protect my spirits, and help their vessels charge. I believe she did, because today when I walk into my spell room, I can feel a lot of energy, like there is a huge group of people having a party! Some of my masculine DA spirits have been flirting with me all morning... even one that I didn't leave out to charge. Apparently, the energy is a bit contagious. It makes me happy that my spirits are so happy. 8))

I also asked her to assist with some spellwork, that will hopefully help smooth things over with a neighborhood witch I've had some disagreements with. I believe in trying to bring positivity into a situation like that first, rather than trying to retaliate unnecessarily.

This is my first time working directly with "darkness" as an energy. I have to say, I'm pretty thrilled at all of it! I have been very drawn to this kind of thing, but I have always assumed that "dark" meant the same thing as "hurtful". Apparently, it usually doesn't. My shadow work lately has been about dealing with the less-loved aspects of myself; accepting my anger as well as my kindness. Both of these things were rejected by the people who raised me. Part of that has been learning that anger is not always inherently destructive.

I am not sure how interesting these details will be to those of you who are just spirit keepers, and not practicing witches. Later on today or tonight, I will probably do more things. At the very least, I want to leave some more offerings. But that's deity and spellwork, more than spirit work. How interesting would that be to read?
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

So, I'm probably not going to be updating this thread very much for a while.

As it turns out, when working with Fae spirits, you're pretty much supposed to keep everything secret. So... there has been a lot of stuff that's happened, but I'm not going to talk about it. 8)) My domovoi is mad at me for writing too much about fae pranks!

But there are a few things I can mention...

I am still waiting on some readings from CH. I think they will be worth the time, though, when I get them. Very much looking forward to it!

In the meanwhile, I got the "Which Witch Are You?" reading when it was on sale. I loved it! Very accurate, though I knew some of the information already. 8)) It is nice to have confirmation from other practitioners... it has also inspired me towards some new reading, research, & spellwork!

I got the new DA LE erotic companion. She is... extremely interesting, to say the least. The first few times I encountered her during visualization/travelling, I didn't know it was her, and then I wound up with some completely bizarre experiences that I am very excited to write about in my novels! I actually had planned on getting one of the other LE types, but I changed my mind at the last second... or just clicked the wrong button, take your pick, lol. x*D She can be overwhelming, but I think that happens a lot with LEs if you're not careful, and I'm not used to working with them yet. She's also not available any time I want to call to her, like my spirit companions are. She has a very pleasant energy - after she arrived, it kind of felt like everybody fell in love with everybody, and now my whole crew of sensual spirits is cohesive in a way they weren't before... I didn't know I needed her, but I'm glad she's here. 8))

I also got the "Magic Name & Personal Associations" reading. This feels significant, very meaningful to me, and I highly recommend getting the reading for anyone who wants to connect with personal power or their higher self. I will say that the animal association they gave me makes a lot of things make more sense than they used to, lol.
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

Alright, I'm back!

I just have a few thoughts for right now. For one thing, if you've ever worked in customer service, it is very difficult to remember not to say "thank you," lol. For another, I still have trouble telling some members of my keep apart; sensing their different energies can be quite overwhelming and confusing.

I haven't worked with my two newest spirits at all, and I actually lost the vessel for one of them. I think that is okay; I have been very busy lately, and I will get to them eventually. I have all my spirits bridged, so while it's nice for me to have a vessel to hold, I don't think it's necessary. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I had the ghost of a former pet bound to me, and immediately after the order was completed, I had several dreams about her, and a few
weeks' worth of vivid dreams in general. I still wish that she would reincarnate and come back to me in physical form, but I suppose if she can't, having her ghost around is at least a way to stay in contact with her...

I doubt that they will read this, but I also want to say "thank you" to Magnolia & Ash, and their crew. I've realized this year that it is vital for a beginner witch to have mentors, and they have been mine. Spells that they cast for me have made a serious difference in my life, as well as the readings that they've performed. Today I went back through all of my orders, and I realized that spells that I'd forgotten about were still working to improve my life! I am grateful and humbled.
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

stargazerjournal wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:59 pm Alright, I'm back!

I just have a few thoughts for right now. For one thing, if you've ever worked in customer service, it is very difficult to remember not to say "thank you," lol. For another, I still have trouble telling some members of my keep apart; sensing their different energies can be quite overwhelming and confusing.
You can try a simple exercise for this.

Work with one spirit at a time. Call your spirit forward in quiet time, and ask them to surround you in their energy. Open yourself and focus on them, and note how their energy comes across to you. How do they make you feel? You can write down notes for each session if you want. With practice, you'll start to identify them more easily.
“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

stargazerjournal wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:59 pm

I doubt that they will read this, but I also want to say "thank you" to Magnolia & Ash, and their crew. I've realized this year that it is vital for a beginner witch to have mentors, and they have been mine. Spells that they cast for me have made a serious difference in my life, as well as the readings that they've performed. Today I went back through all of my orders, and I realized that spells that I'd forgotten about were still working to improve my life! I am grateful and humbled.
This is why I stay with CH. Ash and Magnolia are nothing short of incredible, and to me, there is no one quite like them. <3

Over the years, I have had work by other practitioners. They were good, but CH remains the best in my humble opinion.
“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I absolutely agree with you two. I love them dearly as they are amazing with everything they do. I especially love the fact that Magnolia is white art & celestial practitioner and Ash does the dark art. They are fantastic duo. I am sure I have met Magnolia few times already on the Astral realm.
Adair Neera wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:20 am
stargazerjournal wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:59 pm

This is why I stay with CH. Ash and Magnolia are nothing short of incredible, and to me, there is no one quite like them. <3

Over the years, I have had work by other practitioners. They were good, but CH remains the best in my humble opinion.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”