Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

That’s so sweet about your pet visiting you in your dreams 💜 I have read that sometimes pets may choose not to reincarnate, but they may send or help you find another animal to connect with that they feel has a lesson for you/will be able to help you.
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hazell wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:04 am That’s so sweet about your pet visiting you in your dreams 💜 I have read that sometimes pets may choose not to reincarnate, but they may send or help you find another animal to connect with that they feel has a lesson for you/will be able to help you.
I think you are right, Hazell, because I got a new puppy this year. When I did a Tarot card reading for her, it revealed she was the reincarnation of one of my other pets who have passed on... but she looks a lot like the one whose ghost I ordered! The thing is, the ghost-dog used to treat reincarnated-dog like he was her puppy, so... I think it all worked out the way it was meant to. 8)) Interestingly enough, though, I've had way fewer nightmares since I ordered the ghost-dog. I've had nightmares almost my whole life, and when she was living, she used to sleep on the bed with me to keep them at bay. So perhaps there are things she needs to do as a spirit, and that's why she hasn't reincarnated. I just feel a sense of peace that I haven't felt in a long time.
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

I am still keen to get the CH Pet Reading. My puppy is almost a year old, and she's my little shadow. Love her dearly! She gets away with far more than I would normally accept, but she really is my world.
“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

I've just gone back and re-read my entire thread. It refreshed my memories on a lot of things, and assuaged quite a few fears. It's interesting how I've been paranoid lately... I felt like all my friends were turning against me. Then I did an uncrossing and a cord-cutting to remove energetic ties with someone who I feel has been very negative towards me, and suddenly I feel much better. My spirit friends are back!

This post is going to be mostly about Samhain. I spent about a week researching rituals to help my family celebrate the dead. I found the names of most of my ancestors on my mother's side, going back about half a dozen generations.

What I eventually wound up doing was this: I spent a lot of the day cooking yesterday. I made stewed tomatoes, homemade shells & cheese, and a whole herb-roasted chicken. I also made mulled cider/wine. At nightfall, we had a "dumb supper" (which unfortunately did not go quite as planned, as the neighbor decided to come into the house during it and be talkative at us, lol). Then, after that, I lit a skull candle, and one candle for each of the people and pets we knew who had died. We also lit candles for the victims of Covid and the Ukraine and Isreal wars, as well as the unknown dead. It wound up being a total of 18 candles, not including the skull.

Then, I stayed awake until the last of the candles burned out, hosting a vigil of sorts. I wound up being awake until midnight. I had to have an extra cup of coffee at around 9 pm (when I'd usually go to bed).

We had some spirit activity, but I don't want to go into specifics. The most interesting thing that happened was the energy shift that occurred when we lit the candles. At first, it felt like grief - but it eventually transformed into joy. When the skull candle burned all the way down and went out, I thought, "I feel like death is ending. This symbolizes reincarnation, doesn't it?" I feel like some of the people and pets I held the vigil for will be back in my life someday.

Since I do a lot of khemetic pagan rites, remembering the names of the dead was very important to me. I feel like the spirits that attended were my incy, Dullahan, and Egyptian priestess, as well as some family members who have passed on and my bound spirit-pet. The whole ritual felt very special, and I suspect that the priestess had something to do with that. The only thing is, there's three dogs on the farmstead, and all three of them were nervous and barking all night long! I think they sensed some strangers were around.

Anyway, that being said... welcome to the Witch's New Year!
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

About my Samhain ceremony, the setup I used looked like this:

I had all of the candles on a round pizza tin, so that they wouldn't burn the table and the flames wouldn't escape.

My spirit keep has been active lately but there's something unpleasant hanging out in my bedroom. It's trying to convince me that all of my worst fears are true. I am having one hell of a hard time taking it seriously, because I've got the CH spell to protect against unbound feeders. It's a weird feeling - I know I'm supposed to feel awful about the nightmares, strange sounds, etc, but I don't. Of course, my keep is still helping me learn defensive magicks this year, so I'm assuming they haven't gotten rid of it yet solely so that I can practice banishment.

Yesterday I finally re-connected with my dullahan. I sensed him standing by one of the doorways, where he always is. Even my father-in-law, who has no idea I keep spirits, has dreamed of my dullahan being in that location. It seems that when I sealed the house against "evil" spirits during my Halloween rituals, my dullahan got barred from being inside! This is an odd thing that always seems to happen. Last year, the same thing occurred. What exactly qualifies a spirit as "evil"? My dullahan is a valued member of the family. He is a great, active protector who is unfailingly polite, although he definitely has a gloomy feeling to his presence. I wonder why certain spells and wards try to actively keep him out?

I think he kept order in my house while I was gone. I am so happy with him. :8) Of course, I can't say too much... he gets embarrassed easily.

My female cambion and Asian djinn have been around a lot lately too. I actually got to go to a concert featuring one of my favorite bands, and my cambion helped me pick out an outfit and put together my look. I was the best-looking woman there, out of the 8,000 or so people who attended. I know this, because I got photographed by somebody putting together press for the concert. When I got my cambion, I wrote in her notes that I wanted her to be able to help me find my "girl" side and wear better makeup and outfits, and she has definitely done that. She amazes me. I'm kind of in love with her.

As for the Asian djinn, there are a few magickal accoutrements I've been thinking about getting lately. Two different oracle decks, a "master" crystal that I can use in a grid, a crystal ball for scrying, and a ring. There were also a few mundane things I wanted.
Yesterday, I felt a strange pull towards the local metaphysical shop. When I got there, sure enough - they had everything I wanted! And for reasonable prices, too. I even got a discount on the crystal so I could afford it. 8))

As a special treat for my vampire, and other undead during the Halloween season, I got this as an offering:

It is a vampire teddy bear.

I could hear someone laughing his head off in the distance.

I think it was my dullahan.
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

And now, the guilt.

With today's post-Thanksgiving deals, I was finally able to get four spirits I've had my eye on for a long time. It is a small group of djinn, plus a master spirit. I have been feeling callings from all of these spirits for most of the year, but haven't been able to afford them until now.

Whenever CH has a big sale like this, and I am able to get everything I want for an insanely low price, it always makes me feel bad afterwards. I have a hard time accepting gifts. It is like; yes, I know I have all of this nifty stuff now, but doesn't that make me a bad person? I know CH can run their own shop, and I know that I have had a hellofalot of financial troubles lately, but even so, it still makes me feel guilty.

With that, I feel like my keep is mostly complete. Sure, I still want bindings of about a dozen different writers, but...

This thread has evolved way past my original intentions. It's followed my journey from my first few spirits, into becoming a full-fledged witch, starting deity work, and even dealing with some major life problems. I feel like it's grown past its intended scope.

Also, I feel like it's served its purpose. I no longer view myself as a spirit keeping "newbie". I think I have become something greater, and if I have helped other newbies learn along the way, then I have done what I intended with this thread.

I have other, big projects I'm starting next year. And although I intend to still be active in the CH community, I think I will focus mainly on those.

So, I am ending this thread. Closing? I think closing is the right word, although I'm not a moderator. I might write a few more posts to say goodbye, but I no longer intend to keep a public journal of my day-to-day spirit keeping life. I've said what I have to say.

Thank you all for reading, and good luck with your spirits!
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Great that you have those callings on order now. Very happy for you. Let us know what your you go with them.

Btw... Your vampire teddy 🐻 absolutely adorable. 👍
stargazerjournal wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:40 pm And now, the guilt.

With today's post-Thanksgiving deals, I was finally able to get four spirits I've had my eye on for a long time. It is a small group of djinn, plus a master spirit. I have been feeling callings from all of these spirits for most of the year, but haven't been able to afford them until now.

Whenever CH has a big sale like this, and I am able to get everything I want for an insanely low price, it always makes me feel bad afterwards. I have a hard time accepting gifts. It is like; yes, I know I have all of this nifty stuff now, but doesn't that make me a bad person? I know CH can run their own shop, and I know that I have had a hellofalot of financial troubles lately, but even so, it still makes me feel guilty.

With that, I feel like my keep is mostly complete. Sure, I still want bindings of about a dozen different writers, but...

This thread has evolved way past my original intentions. It's followed my journey from my first few spirits, into becoming a full-fledged witch, starting deity work, and even dealing with some major life problems. I feel like it's grown past its intended scope.

Also, I feel like it's served its purpose. I no longer view myself as a spirit keeping "newbie". I think I have become something greater, and if I have helped other newbies learn along the way, then I have done what I intended with this thread.

I have other, big projects I'm starting next year. And although I intend to still be active in the CH community, I think I will focus mainly on those.

So, I am ending this thread. Closing? I think closing is the right word, although I'm not a moderator. I might write a few more posts to say goodbye, but I no longer intend to keep a public journal of my day-to-day spirit keeping life. I've said what I have to say.

Thank you all for reading, and good luck with your spirits!
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I truly believe that you could greatly benefit from acquiring some additional protection spells from CH before pursuing your own path. We frequently work with protection measures because I am an unbound magnet. However, when it comes to performing a ritual, even if your companions may not have the purest intentions (just an example), they should not be barred from entry. Therefore, I believe it is important for you to consider this aspect. It is possible that you may be discerning the wrong kind of energy, and this fear could be affecting your subconscious mind.

Evil spirits are spirits that are known for their malicious nature. However, if this one is from CH, there is absolutely no chance that Ash bound a malicious spirit to you. Furthermore, if you believe there is something lingering in your bedroom, there is no way your companions are waiting for you to start learning the banishment spell.

I, personally, used to struggle with accepting gifts and blessings. I have always been more inclined to give rather than receive. Consequently, it felt strange and even guilt-inducing when others offered me things for free. This was my mindset up to :*) a year ago. However, consider this: you are reaching a milestone in your purchasing from the order, and you have the privilege of selecting a bonus as you see fit. You can choose to take one, two, all, or none of them. If you feel like you're in the wrong for accepting the freebies, simply remove them from your cart and the guilt should disappear. Alternatively, if you do not feel any guilt, then you shouldn't.

CH operates on a well-organized schedule, so whether or not you sign up for the freebies, everything is already planned out. Ultimately, a sale is a sale, and there is no reason to feel guilty about it. Even if there isn't a sale, many of us still purchase items at their original prices. Therefore, a sale should motivate buyers to make a purchase without any feelings of guilt. Let's say you need apples for a recipe you're preparing. The bag of apples seems to be priced $1 lower than the usual cost. Would you avoid buying it due to a sense of guilt over the discount? Alternatively, should you feel delighted because you've obtained a great deal?

I genuinely hope that you continue to be a part of our community, as there is much more that you can gain from interacting with other members. You are not obligated to blog about your experiences if you do not wish to, but I truly wish you the best in all your endeavors. Good luck!
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte

Tarvos wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:01 am It is possible that you may be discerning the wrong kind of energy, and this fear could be affecting your subconscious mind.

Evil spirits are spirits that are known for their malicious nature. However, if this one is from CH, there is absolutely no chance that Ash bound a malicious spirit to you. Furthermore, if you believe there is something lingering in your bedroom, there is no way your companions are waiting for you to start learning the banishment spell.

The bag of apples seems to be priced $1 lower than the usual cost. Would you avoid buying it due to a sense of guilt over the discount? Alternatively, should you feel delighted because you've obtained a great deal?

I genuinely hope that you continue to be a part of our community, as there is much more that you can gain from interacting with other members. You are not obligated to blog about your experiences if you do not wish to, but I truly wish you the best in all your endeavors. Good luck!
Uhhh, Tarvos... I'm not sure how I managed to confuse you so badly. I've never gotten any "malicious" spirits from CH, certainly not my Dullahan. My Dullahan is one of the most valued members of my keep. Is that what you were talking about? As for the thing that was hanging out in my bedroom causing problems, I never said it was from CH. Plus I've already banished it. If it comes back, I'll just banish it again. My keep does let me handle problems that I'm qualified to handle.

I've got quite a few protective spells from CH already, and I did mention that I was using them to help handle the situation. I don't talk about every protective spell I buy.

I also never said I was leaving the community. Just that I was closing my beginner spirit keeper thread. Because I'm not one anymore. It's been three years, and I think getting a master spirit means I'm now in a slightly different (less clueless) category. I've already got several new threads planned for when my next few orders get here! I'm especially excited to start one about the master spirit. 8))

Ty for your concern, though. You are a very good person, and I get why you were trying to help. ()

Return to “Spirit Keeping”