neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

So I don't have a lot of money... I have a budget for how much I can spend on spirits in a year, and I've already pretty much reached my limit. But I am still planning my next purchases! I may be able to get one or a few more things later this year, and then buy the rest in January of next year.

I feel like investing in some more protective spirits. I plan on trying to get into astral travel next year (a Nebula Angel is next on my wish list), but I want to have some backup first before I do that. I would like to feel safe when I astral travel.

I think I've read somewhere that class 4 spirits are just as capable of protecting you; they just don't manifest as much. So here's my thought; can I have several class 4 spirits custom conjured for protection, and then just one C5T3 as their "captain" for me to interact directly with? That would keep me within my budget for next year.

I was thinking of using either a Daemon or an Einherjar as my "captain", and then Einherjar and some other spirits as "soldiers"... not sure which ones. Perhaps a Catoblepas or Cerberus, or a Diomogo? Or some combination of the above.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this plan? Does anyone have any experience with the above-mentioned spirits? How are they with protection? Are there other spirits I should consider? I know Fylgia are a good idea, but they are outside of my price range at this point.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

My thoughts, for what they're worth, may go along slightly different lines.

In terms of astral travel protection, I'm not sure which spirit is best at that. I would either ask CH or go for one that is listed in the CH Encyclopedia as originating in, or occupying, or able to travel in the astral realm. Maybe a Bronwyn Angel?

Having a spirit team leader - it's what feels best to you that probably counts. Myself I wouldn't assume the class ranking would make them a better leader. If you go for a custom conjure, you can always ask in the order notes that one with team leadership abilities be conjured for you.

For some spirit keepers, it doesn't really seem to matter what class the binding is. They can connect with the spirit at any class. For other keepers it makes a difference as it it may be easier for them to connect to bindings of a higher class.

(And remember this is a Creepy Hollows practice. Lisa of Mystic Morning Treasures, for example, says all her bindings are at the same class. Other sellers class their spirits by power of ability, not of the binding.)

The way I understand it, a CH Volkh has the standard abilities and powers, whatever class their binding is. And you can get the same binding upgraded to a higher class. That doesn't confer new powers on the same spirit, afaik. (But maybe more powerful spirits do answer the call of a higher class CH conjuration - I'm not sure. It seems complex.)

If you get a reverse adoption fylgia, volkh or gargoyle, you often don't know what class it is, as they may have been from other conjurers. They're still the same kind of protection spirit.

Fylgia can be an excellent first protection spirit - as are Volkhs - and Gargoyles. All are $6.25 at present for class 4. If you spend $18.75 for one of each, you'll have more all round coverage for that price than getting 3 of the same type of spirit, as they each protect slightly differently. But go with your own gut feeling about that.

By the way, Einherjars don't bring an army of protection with them all of the time. Yes, they can call for help, when they think it is needed, but most of the time it will just be that one Einherjar with you. And they are very good. And it's good to know that an army can be called on by the Einherjar if needed.

Basically, as ASH says in one forum thread and the CH dark arts guidance book, would we rather have one or two bodyguards engaging in single combat or an army of protection? Gradually building up that army, we can add different layers of coverage from both spirits and spells.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I must be a bit confused, then. I was reading some older threads on astral travel in the forums, and someone was talking about seeing their spirits there - I think she said fairies and wraiths. Those are not astral spirits, are they? So was she mistaken? Or was she travelling to somewhere other than the astral realm? Would Einherjar not be able to accompany me while astral travelling? There were also people talking about seeing extraterrestrials on the moon when they were astral travelling. What is that all about?

Having done a bit more research, it looks like one or four Courtwind Angels might be a good choice. They are astral beings. I will have to give it some more thought.

I wasn't suggesting that I need a C5T3 entity in order to have a good leader. I just thought having one of a higher class would make it easier to communicate, and the leader would be the one I would want to communicate with.

Einherjar can call for help? I thought their listing just meant that they worked well together if you bought more than one, not that if you had one it could call on an army to back it up! That sounds kind of cool... and maybe like what I want. I could just get one Courtwind and one Einherjar.

I know that Fylgia make good protective spirits. I would definitely like one, but I want to save up until I can afford one that is C5T3, because they communicate with you through dreams and I would like to experience more communication.

Thanks for your help Lewk! I still feel like I need to do more research... but I have time while I am saving up money, lol.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

stargazerjournal wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:28 pm I must be a bit confused, then. I was reading some older threads on astral travel in the forums, and someone was talking about seeing their spirits there - I think she said fairies and wraiths. Those are not astral spirits, are they? So was she mistaken? Or was she travelling to somewhere other than the astral realm? Would Einherjar not be able to accompany me while astral travelling? There were also people talking about seeing extraterrestrials on the moon when they were astral travelling. What is that all about?
All of this may be possible - but better ask the conjurer in advance for their opinion. (That was just me thinking out loud. I do have a Bronwyn that was said to be able to help me with astral travel. But which is best and which protect best there?)
stargazerjournal wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:28 pm Having done a bit more research, it looks like one or four Courtwind Angels might be a good choice. They are astral beings. I will have to give it some more thought.

I wasn't suggesting that I need a C5T3 entity in order to have a good leader. I just thought having one of a higher class would make it easier to communicate, and the leader would be the one I would want to communicate with.

Okay. Some people do find that helps. For others it makes no difference.
stargazerjournal wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:28 pm Einherjar can call for help? I thought their listing just meant that they worked well together if you bought more than one, not that if you had one it could call on an army to back it up! That sounds kind of cool... and maybe like what I want. I could just get one Courtwind and one Einherjar.
If it is a CH Einherjar - see https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... =einherjar

"Even if you own just one spirit of an Einherjar they can call as many other spirits as they need!... another 1 Einherjar or 100... whatever is needed and the others will return to their place of origin when finished. Does this mean your Einherjar will be going off to fight another person's battle? No, only unbound Einherjar can respond to a battle cry."

stargazerjournal wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:28 pm Thanks for your help Lewk! I still feel like I need to do more research... but I have time while I am saving up money, lol.
You're welcome. I am also on the learning path and don't have all the answers, by the way.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Protection”