Black Night
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Ajatar, Succubus.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Aranea
Zodiac:

Did you experience any side effects when you purchased DA spirits? If so, what side effects, and in what spirit? ^^

0x. Honor to Lilith, the dark mother. 0x.

1 succubus, 3 Ajatar, 1 Ajatar Prince.
Bartlebee
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 500
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hi! Side effects can vary a great deal. Fortunately they've mostly been mild in my case-usually just headaches, and at this point only if I'm having a lot of entities bound at once.

If I recall correctly I got a bad headache when I got my black manticore, and when I had a couple of very dark vampires bound (one sanguine, one psy.)

I often take advantage of one conjurer's Halloween specials, and those too will give me a headache some years. Feels a bit like a sinus headache, pressure behind the eyes. Goes away though in about an hour.

Bartlebee
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 500
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Ug. Duplicate Post.

Anyway, I've never had any intrusive thoughts or even any visual disturbance. Nor has it made my behavior change. (Well I'm a touch crankier when my head hurts, but nothing self-disciple won't handle.)

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

For me it's sometimes mood swings and they might influence you to do things so house rules is a must when it comes to having DA spirits, and also for me, strong self-control.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Only when I received a freebie, pre-conjured DA Sin Eater.

I'd had regular migraines in my life before spirit keeping but had learned to keep them away, as soon as I got the 'aura' warning that comes before an attack sets in. To do this I learned to use a combination of mental attitude and psychic protection. It was very effective, so for years I very rarely got a migraine. Even if one snuck in under the radar, it would pass quickly and be milder than normal. I had only ever got them once in a while in any case.

When the sin eater vessel arrived, I got migraines for 3 days solid. Back to back. As soon as one stopped, the next started. Literally. It was miserable, unrelenting, very unpleasant indeed. I've described it here as "impressive". I never want to experience anything like it again. I've learned first hand the wisdom of ASH's advice that, as a rule, we should not keep spirits that are significantly darker than we are.

(nb It's good to have a sin eater though :)| )

All my other da spirits have had minimal or zero impact on my awareness or thought patterns and physical symptoms. A custom conjured Shadow Fairy from MMT was described as pretty dark. I had no symptoms at all with it. Ditto for my Doppelganger binding.

I've been sticking to custom conjures for anything that isn't the lightest grey, from then on. And I have the CH da acclimation minimisation binding.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Black Night
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Is there anyone who can say with certainty that they have also experienced changes in their awareness and thought patterns?

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Black Night wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:57 pm Is there anyone who can say with certainty that they have also experienced changes in their awareness and thought patterns?
Yes. 3/4 of my spirits are DA so I would say yes. I felt way more assertive and determined than before yet sometimes I have a bit harder time controlling my anger.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
ensa
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

The side effects vary between the spirits or entities. From my experience, headaches are slight but do not last long, only when they are first bound to the vessel. I have not experienced bad side effects from my companions, nor do I hope to have. You can always tell them to tone their energies down and have some house rules on that. However, I agree with Lewk on ASH's advice on keeping darker than yourself, always a good thing to keep in mind.

As for thoughts and mindset, I agree with Blezheng on feeling more assertive and determined. I agree with Bartlee too on intrusive thoughts and visual disturbance. None with my companions. Rather, they help me realize my intrusive thoughts and work on shadow work.

Black Night
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Intrusive thoughts and visual disturbances of what kind? Have you also experienced "clouding" of thinking, difficulty concentrating and the like? How long did your side effects last? Days, weeks, months?

ensa
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

Black Night wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:24 am Intrusive thoughts and visual disturbances of what kind? Have you also experienced "clouding" of thinking, difficulty concentrating and the like? How long did your side effects last? Days, weeks, months?
Ah sorry for not being clear. What I meant was I did not have any intrusive thoughts and visual disturbances from my companions. Also, I felt none of clouding of thinking and difficulty in concentrating either. Side effect of slight headaches from when they first arrive only lasts for half a day to a full day.

Return to “Dark Arts”