Signs of a spirit next to you?

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

What are the signs of the presence of a spirit next to you?
Which ones have you personally experienced?
Is it true that, if a spirit of a deceased person tries to touch us, we feel cold shivers?
Because, since my human spirit companion is with me, it has happened to me so often.
I have read somewhere that when you get chills it means that a spirit is trying to hug you. Is it true?
If so, it would be really wonderful, because I so wish he would be able to hug me! <3

SteelCast
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I was thinking about how to describe how it feels to me, and a certain someone popped up next to me, heh.

To me, a spirit's presence actually doesn't usually have a temperature, unless there is a strong emotion attached (I get the shivers when a spirit is excited or upset).
I personally experience it more as a change in pressure, if that makes sense. It's almost like the air is pressing on my skin a bit more, and I feel with the part of my brain concerned with social interactions that I'm no longer alone, that someone else is in the room and aware of me. The closer the spirit is to me physically, the more I also feel a sort of gentle tingling; if you've ever put cream on your skin that's supposed to increase blood flow - it's that sort of tingle for me, but without the warmth.
If there's actual physical contact with the spirit, this tingle increases to a static kind of feeling, but in a pleasant way.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

SteelCast wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:26 pm I was thinking about how to describe how it feels to me, and a certain someone popped up next to me, heh.

To me, a spirit's presence actually doesn't usually have a temperature, unless there is a strong emotion attached (I get the shivers when a spirit is excited or upset).
I personally experience it more as a change in pressure, if that makes sense. It's almost like the air is pressing on my skin a bit more, and I feel with the part of my brain concerned with social interactions that I'm no longer alone, that someone else is in the room and aware of me. The closer the spirit is to me physically, the more I also feel a sort of gentle tingling; if you've ever put cream on your skin that's supposed to increase blood flow - it's that sort of tingle for me, but without the warmth.
If there's actual physical contact with the spirit, this tingle increases to a static kind of feeling, but in a pleasant way.
Wow, thank you for sharing! :)
I don't know if I have ever experienced the tingling feeling yet, probably not, but I very often feel goosebumps all over my body... I really hope it's him, trying to make me realize that he's here with me <3

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

SteelCast wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:26 pm To me, a spirit's presence actually doesn't usually have a temperature, unless there is a strong emotion attached (I get the shivers when a spirit is excited or upset).
I personally experience it more as a change in pressure, if that makes sense. It's almost like the air is pressing on my skin a bit more, and I feel with the part of my brain concerned with social interactions that I'm no longer alone, that someone else is in the room and aware of me.
My perception is similar, although often depending on the presence. Sometimes I feel a pressure (often when lying in bed and a spirit is joining me, like an animal spirit lying on my lap), sometimes it's heat, sometimes it's cold, sometimes it is just the awareness in my mind of someone being there.
When my father had passed away I was also able to hear and smell him. It really depends.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I think so too.^^
In my case its more a mental picture wich pops in my head when my spirit is nearby. But not always and its problematic for me to distinguish between a (spoken from my minds perspective) "I want you to be here" and the spirit really being here and sending me this picture to my mental body. It becomes definite for me, when this mental sensaton is accompanied by a subtle change in the atmosphere. But it´s really subtle :)

And more so rarely: The feeling of Hands on my back. Not the physical sensation, but more the energetic sensation when someones hands are near you. This description is not that accurate of how i percive it, but it comes close.

So... to make it short: All in all it depends. I think it mostly depends on of what channel of perception you have the most affinity to. I got the feeling, that the sucess of communication with your spirits depends on this affinity. But...I can also be wrong about this. ^^"

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Ilinga and Kobald, many thanks for sharing your very interesting experiences!

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

It feels different depending on the spirit. When my faeries hug or touch me I feel little popping almost sparking sensations. Reminds me of candy pop-rocks lol . With my angels I always feel a large wave of heat in my heart that spreads throughout my entire body. My courtwind has more of an electrical feel than my Bronwyn. My other angels just feel like a warm bath. Occasionally I have smelled my angels.
With my vampires, I feel tingles, fingers trailing along my skin, pressure and Dark energy signature. Some of my vampires knock.
When my grim reaper wraps me in his cloak I feel a powerful calming effect, along with cool tingles, and electrical trails. Sometimes I can smell him.

bunny
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon

Like other people have said, it depends on the spirit :) My sterling angel has a tingly, almost electric buzzing feel when he touches me. My courtwinds also feel electric, but the sensation is also accompanied by an intense pressure in the air sort of like how the air feels before a storm. Some of my spirits give me a buzzing sensation on the spot they touched me and that can sort of feel like how your leg or hand feels when it's "waking up" and is tingly. A lot of these sensations also come with a thought or emotion that aren't mine which makes it easier to identify what is a spirit and what is just normal stimulus from my environment. Most often there is a subtle change in air pressure around my spirits too. I hope this helps!

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I have noticed that some of my spirit bindings that is not on my vessels are resting on my limbs.

My dragons does not care really. They seem to be moving around day and night.

My two adorable Gnomes on the other hand they do literally tucked in bed with me. My Volkh is very close to me day and night. I see him always on me side.

My Psy vamps are on my left side and giving me chills regularly. My Seraphim they is 3 body binded is tender loving with platonic love and I feel him around my head, stroke my hair. My faeries and my boobrie likewise love me hair.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Everyone feels something a bit different. The most common signs are a bit of a tingle, a chill feeling with nothing that can cause it, or a feeling of pressure or presence, such as when someone is standing near you. This is very similar to energy work in that people feel it differently. Part of the reason for this is that people tend to run in different elemental energy types. When I say this, I don't mean just the four elemental or five elemental systems, I also mean that some people have stronger receptivity in the chakras, or polarize more to yin or yang chi. Each thing like that is in essence a kind of element, meaning basic part, of the whole of what a person is, so where you are tuned in you have to learn.

The first step is making sure there isn't an outside influence for the feeling. If you know your home has a draft, a feeling of a cool bit of air during cold months, in a heated home, may not be a sign. However, a feeling of cool chill in 90+ degree weather is less easy to understand, especially if you keep the home warm.

One thing you can do if the home has low fair flow is hang wind chimes and ask them to make their presence known through those. Not all spirits are good with that, as that is somewhere between telekinesis and aerokinesis. Other options would be a candle flame, but again it depends on the spirit.

Classically incense smoke was used as another kind of scrying method, with spirits drawing shapes in them.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”